HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [LTA Trial for  Pay Has Ended] [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree310Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2014, 11:25 PM   #46

oops my bad! I could have sworn when I asked e cashier about PayWave they told me no, only NETs available. or is it only available at those NTUC Finest that have self-checkout counters?
Can't quite remember. I've tried it at various Finest and Xtra outlets. Had you not mentioned it, I would have thought all NTUC outlets accept credit cards. Even BK accepts them except McDonalds. MOS Burger is the most backward one. No card payments at all.
the_gryffindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #47

Using Apple Pay in Singapore Blog | lesterchan.net

It works in sinkie too, as long as you have a US CC.
GamerZ and frekedech like this.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:56 AM   #48

how can we get a US issued credit card from here?
OrionTuition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #49

how can we get a US issued credit card from here?
you can't. haha.

BTW getting Apple Pay to support Singapore banks is NOT about whether Apple wants to support Singapore, but whether Singapore banks want to beg Apple to let them join. After Apple announced the biggest banks in USA supporting Apple Pay, >500 smaller banks in the US were begging Apple for them to join. Given that the SG banks website and mobile apps are still crap compared to the US banks, we'll probably only see Apple Pay for SG banks in 2020
weewee81 likes this.
Trivolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #50
Master Member

Imagine u go ntuc. Buy one packet of drinks. Cashier Scan your item. U bring out your phone n wave in front of the receiver. The phone lights up. U put your finger to the fingerprint scanner. Done. Android has NFC for a long while. Apple made it sexy....
Just get those iPhone cases where you can slide cards into the back, then use paywave. Done. No need fingerprint somemore.
crystalnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #51

Just get those iPhone cases where you can slide cards into the back, then use paywave. Done. No need fingerprint somemore.
your missing the point, actually the best part of it is the FingerPrint for security =)
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #52

Can't quite remember. I've tried it at various Finest and Xtra outlets. Had you not mentioned it, I would have thought all NTUC outlets accept credit cards. Even BK accepts them except McDonalds. MOS Burger is the most backward one. No card payments at all.
Let put it this way, what ever u pay with credit card, the merchant will need to fork out 3%, user or buyer will see no price change except bk Mac mos etc, by using cash will allow more profit for the merchant or they are make sure the price is cheaper for user or buyer...well u will not hit up to 100 dollar in fast rest, why pay by card?
tankib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #53
Master Member

Let put it this way, what ever u pay with credit card, the merchant will need to fork out 3%, user or buyer will see no price change except bk Mac mos etc, by using cash will allow more profit for the merchant or they are make sure the price is cheaper for user or buyer...well u will not hit up to 100 dollar in fast rest, why pay by card?
That is assuming the merchant will pass the savings back to the consumer. I rather use my card and rake up cash backs, and the convenience of not having to deal with or carry around coins.
crystalnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #54

Totally agree with the convenience part. No coins no notes to deal with. Iy's how hard the country wants to push cashless transactions. This is very common to pay for everything by card in Korea and Japan.
the_gryffindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #55

Normally restaurants take your credit card and return to you. So with Apple Pay, either you follow them, or they have to incur cost to bring a portable version to you.

Don't get me wrong. I am seduced by Apple Pay. Just saying implementation is not that straight forward.
icyflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 01:39 AM   #56
Arch-Supremacy Member

Normally restaurants take your credit card and return to you. So with Apple Pay, either you follow them, or they have to incur cost to bring a portable version to you.

Don't get me wrong. I am seduced by Apple Pay. Just saying implementation is not that straight forward.
I don't really like the idea of taking my card away and come back. I like to go to counter and pay so I can see what they do with my card.
xiaobai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 02:01 AM   #57

Apple Pay is gonna come to Singapore most probably next year. You guys are underestimating local banks..
5ter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 02:26 AM   #58

Most of the credit card terminals are in wireless and connected to wifi, no extra cost to have it as bank will provide for free to merchant..
Slim123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 02:31 AM   #59

The charges pay by merchant not fixed at 3%.. If depend how merchant negotiate with bank.. A merchant can pay at little as 0.5% bank charges...
Slim123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #60
Arch-Supremacy Member

Apple Pay is gonna come to Singapore most probably next year. You guys are underestimating local banks..
you sure ? Local banks are slow in embracing technology
chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.