 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Used at coffee bean and cold storage today. Bought rubbish at cold storage to have excuse to use Apple Pay.
No need wake phone. Told counter lady using pay wave. Once amount appear, place phone at terminal and use Touch ID to complete payment. Then she asked me whether I just used Apple Pay. I said yes and she gave me a 'oh I see' kind of look.
Childish I know haha :D

So don't even need to double tap home button?

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And I read somewhere if your case is thick should scan using the front of your phone right.

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Magic of Apple customers, Paywave and Andriod Pay have been around for a while especially Paywave, yet they never really took off but with Apple Pay, this will become a norm in the future. You really have to give it to Apple users, they change consumer pattern. Marketing by Apple and banks are well coordinated.

shamuslee

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So don't even need to double tap home button?

Thats only if u want to call it up manually. Otherwise placing your phone near a terminal will automatically launch ApplePay and just place your finger on the touchid

shamuslee

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tip: find self checkout counters if you have anything fancy attached to your phone. Haha

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Magic of Apple customers, Paywave and Andriod Pay have been around for a while especially Paywave, yet they never really took off but with Apple Pay, this will become a norm in the future. You really have to give it to Apple users, they change consumer pattern. Marketing by Apple and banks are well coordinated.
I always use pay wave haha. I like pay wave.

Fattyboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info! Will go try out.

No need to wake phone or anything. Apple Pay will automatically be activated when your phone is near a NFC terminal. When you want to pay, just tap on Touch ID. Or you can swap cards by just swiping.

No need to open wallet app. Apple Pay will automatically work when the phone is near a NFC terminal. Tried it at macs, fairprice and breadtalk.

And yeah it's pretty fast. Even though it's kinda like using PayWave speed wise, there's this really nice (high-tech) vibe to using it. Heh.

uplorry

Suspended
Reaction score
Dear DBS/POSB... any idea if DBS Business Advance Visa Card will be made available for ApplePay? I managed to add the rest of my DBS cards but I'm unable to with this one... Thanks!

Bumping my own post in hope that DBS/POSB can give me a reply... :o

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone can pick up your pay wave card and tap around

AnDyLe0

Reaction score

paywave and paypass are already very popular in singapore.
it's in the news and that's why singapore is chosen to launch apple pay early.

android pay not yet launched in singapore... only available in US. that's why not popular yet.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
I added two card the GO card and my passion card. But until now there still put activating? How long then will activate arh?

the activation process is similar to SMS OTP for ibanking... u should recv the sms immediately cuz the activation code is only valid for 5 mins.

those who didn't get the activation code is it because using mobile data and network not stable? i used wifi and the whole process is very smooth... sms is immediate just like ibanking.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need to wake phone or anything. Apple Pay will automatically be activated when your phone is near a NFC terminal. When you want to pay, just tap on Touch ID. Or you can swap cards by just swiping.

No need to open wallet app. Apple Pay will automatically work when the phone is near a NFC terminal. Tried it at macs, fairprice and breadtalk.

And yeah it's pretty fast. Even though it's kinda like using PayWave speed wise, there's this really nice (high-tech) vibe to using it. Heh.

no need to wake the phone to use the apple pay?
just place the phone to the paywave device and it will auto wake up and press the thumb to verfiy and done?

added mine pretty fast

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.