 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
err, shops won't have to rent any new terminals. existing terminals supporting Visa payWave, Mastercard PayPass will work. Apple needs to hook up with Visa/Master AND e local banks to implement e backend...

chris888222

Reaction score
News on MacRumors reports that Australian supermarkets have the Apple Pay icon displayed in their maps card.

Did a little trying for fun and found this:

Hope it's not a bug.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
News on MacRumors reports that Australian supermarkets have the Apple Pay icon displayed in their maps card.

Hope it's not a bug.

wow hope it's true! :love:

chris888222

Reaction score
Shaw too... Sorry if the image is too large.

But only this location "accepts Apple Pay". The rest does not. Cold Storage NEX as well.

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
Well they got the review from yelps and it could be someone from overseas used their Apple Pay there with an American credit card?

memoriess

Reaction score

Hope it's not a bug.

Bro what you did to get the Apple Pay icon? I tried just now, can't seem to get icon ):

chris888222

Reaction score
Bro what you did to get the Apple Pay icon? I tried just now, can't seem to get icon ):

It's gone, together with the other Apple Pay badges that appeared in Europe, Canada and Australia.

It used to appear for Cold Storage NEX, Fairprice Xtra NEX and Shaw Theatres (Victoria Street) in Singapore.

Last edited:

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Time to get Amex then. Will be submitting my application. The 5% off the first 5k spend is pretty attractive

I have Amex card but problem is no merchant accepts them :s22: maybe cos I dun shop at those atas places...

chris888222

Reaction score
Apple Pay in Australia will not work with bank-issued amex cards at launch.

That means there is a chance that amex bank cards such as DBS Black or Altitude will not work here as well.

Morugana

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
honestly no one uses amex unless u elite.

even if you own amex which retailers will support this card?

iirc uk apple pay limit is 30 gbp per transaction nia

visa/masters wont partner with apple cos they have their own mobile payment coming

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.