HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2016, 09:53 PM   #1531

Hi guys anyone notice that Apple Pay automatically activates when I press home button?

That's dangerous right
battledome64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 10:10 PM   #1532

I tried at KOI but they say they only accept ezlink...
So Apple Pay doesn't work at KOI? The indicated "NFC" is for the Cepas Ezlink?

Just as what I thought so too.
tec_geek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 11:15 PM   #1533

Hi guys anyone notice that Apple Pay automatically activates when I press home button?

That's dangerous right
You must have double pressed the home button.
Normal single press and Touch ID does not bring up Apple Pay

Last edited by elimmel; 14-06-2016 at 12:17 AM..
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 11:27 PM   #1534

Wanted to use Apple Pay at Old Town White Coffee Big Splash. There was a paywave terminal but the staff told me that her manager says that they cannot accept Apple Pay... Huh??? Is admin the fees higher for Apply Pay vs Credit Cards?
tunge80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 12:08 AM   #1535

That's dangerous right
double press home button will open apple pay... nothing dangerous.
after touch id verified, u still need to find a compatible reader to read the data then only can complete a transaction.
Old 14-06-2016, 11:07 AM   #1536

Sometime don't just want to act atas and say apple pay and they say no then u blur and come here complain.

If u say apple pay and they say no, try to say paywave? If they say yes, go ahead and use it.

I am no targeting at anyone here, just saying.
renfred89 likes this.

Hello, Are you Captain Obvious?
ragnarok95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 11:36 AM   #1537

Sometime don't just want to act atas and say apple pay and they say no then u blur and come here complain.

If u say apple pay and they say no, try to say paywave? If they say yes, go ahead and use it.

I am no targeting at anyone here, just saying.

I assume you are replying to my post although u did not quote the post. If you were not then ignore my following reply.

No one was acting atas by saying "Apple Pay"... anyways saying Apple Pay is being Atas meh??? It's just another mode of wireless payment.

Please re-read my post.

It has nothing to do with whether the staff understood what was Apple Pay or not and confused... the fact is, I did not say I was paying by Apple Pay, I told her I was gonna tap with paywave and as I was about to place my iPhone on the terminal she told me that I cannot use Apple Pay as instructed by her Manager.

The issue I am raising is whether anyone else have encountered being rejected for using Apple Pay at other stores.
Old 14-06-2016, 12:00 PM   #1538
Arch-Supremacy Member

I assume you are replying to my post although u did not quote the post. If you were not then ignore my following reply.

No one was acting atas by saying "Apple Pay"... anyways saying Apple Pay is being Atas meh??? It's just another mode of wireless payment.

Please re-read my post.

It has nothing to do with whether the staff understood what was Apple Pay or not and confused... the fact is, I did not say I was paying by Apple Pay, I told her I was gonna tap with paywave and as I was about to place my iPhone on the terminal she told me that I cannot use Apple Pay as instructed by her Manager.

The issue I am raising is whether anyone else have encountered being rejected for using Apple Pay at other stores.
actually Apple Pay is jus a virtual paywave/paypass/expresspay card. I dun see how e merchant can say not supported if they already support paywave/paypass/expresspay. maybe e cashier trying to smoke thru
szeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 12:40 PM   #1539

actually Apple Pay is jus a virtual paywave/paypass/expresspay card. I dun see how e merchant can say not supported if they already support paywave/paypass/expresspay. maybe e cashier trying to smoke thru
i have been rejected at popular bookstore before... they reject by seeing your "action of taking out your phone", not by any terms of Apple Pay or Samsung Pay.
told them i'm paying by paywave/paypass, when the cashier saw u holding apple/samsung, they will tell u if u r paying with phone, their management is rejecting phone payment until they work out with bank on something.
the cashiers are not clueless, they still can explain.
they also know that the transaction can go thru, but management's decision is to reject until they work out with bank on some solutions.

on the other hand, also got some shops the cashier purposely put the paywave/paypass reader deep inside the counter, and request u to give them the card, they will tap for u instead of allowing u to tap freely on the reader. this kind normally it's difficult to pay by phone.

in Samsung Pay thread, some beta testers reported that they recv a notification from samsung to respect merchants that reject phone payment. this shows that it's official that some shops are rejecting phone payment.
tunge80 likes this.
Old 14-06-2016, 01:10 PM   #1540

i have been rejected at popular bookstore before... they reject by seeing your "action of taking out your phone", not by any terms of Apple Pay or Samsung Pay.
told them i'm paying by paywave/paypass, when the cashier saw u holding apple/samsung, they will tell u if u r paying with phone, their management is rejecting phone payment until they work out with bank on something.
the cashiers are not clueless, they still can explain.
they also know that the transaction can go thru, but management's decision is to reject until they work out with bank on some solutions.

on the other hand, also got some shops the cashier purposely put the paywave/paypass reader deep inside the counter, and request u to give them the card, they will tap for u instead of allowing u to tap freely on the reader. this kind normally it's difficult to pay by phone.

in Samsung Pay thread, some beta testers reported that they recv a notification from samsung to respect merchants that reject phone payment. this shows that it's official that some shops are rejecting phone payment.
i think we can troll them by pretending that we are going to tap with card but suddenly tap with the phone? afterall tapping with the phone isn't significantly slower than the card. furthermore the transaction will still go thru.
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 01:36 PM   #1541

i think we can troll them by pretending that we are going to tap with card but suddenly tap with the phone? afterall tapping with the phone isn't significantly slower than the card. furthermore the transaction will still go thru.
If not using transparent casing, just tell cashier cc is inside casing.
Kekeke.

Bhg @ century square cashier also tried to stop me from using Apple Pay. Said they are not ready. I told her, you just select pay wave.

When payment went thru, she says maybe cannot print out receipt. She said, earlier got one customer encounter that.

When receipt got printed out, she LL.

Another encounter is @ gurney drive (T3),
Customer service staff told me they haven't change 'machine' for HP payment, I request to let me try using pay wave, told her I can get 6+3%, she agreed and voila, payment got thru. Another cs asked me, you not using Amex right? Me using visa.

So, some merchants don't accept Amex but accept pay pass n pay wave. As such, Apple Pay users with Amex will not go thru. So, I presume, those that tried to stop us from using Apple Pay are non Amex acceptance retailers. Might be wrong but I think, most cases ba.
IamBeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 01:41 PM   #1542

If not using transparent casing, just tell cashier cc is inside casing.
Kekeke.

Bhg @ century square cashier also tried to stop me from using Apple Pay. Said they are not ready. I told her, you just select pay wave.

When payment went thru, she says maybe cannot print out receipt. She said, earlier got one customer encounter that.

When receipt got printed out, she LL.

Another encounter is @ gurney drive (T3),
Customer service staff told me they haven't change 'machine' for HP payment, I request to let me try using pay wave, told her I can get 6+3%, she agreed and voila, payment got thru. Another cs asked me, you not using Amex right? Me using visa.

So, some merchants don't accept Amex but accept pay pass n pay wave. As such, Apple Pay users with Amex will not go thru. So, I presume, those that tried to stop us from using Apple Pay are non Amex acceptance retailers. Might be wrong but I think, most cases ba.
yes, pretend cc is inside the casing. afterall many people put their card in the casing. i used to do it until recently (i tried to put it between the casing and the phone, the spigen casing too thick . )

the amex thing i can understand because not a lot of retailer accept it and for that case, the transaction will definitely not be able to go thru.
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #1543

Wanted to use Apple Pay at Old Town White Coffee Big Splash. There was a paywave terminal but the staff told me that her manager says that they cannot accept Apple Pay... Huh??? Is admin the fees higher for Apply Pay vs Credit Cards?
Huh??? I use it at their Jcube branch on Sunday... Double standard???
thiamhui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 01:53 PM   #1544

Actually it's not a issue of whether they think the terminal will be able to accept Apple Pay or not, the cashier knows that Apple Pay will work it's just that they chose not to accept this mode of payment.

As some has pointed out above, I believe that certain merchants have not sorted out or are unsure of any additional surcharges/admin fees that will be incurred when accepting Apple Pay which they need to sort out with the banks.
Old 14-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #1545

yes, pretend cc is inside the casing. afterall many people put their card in the casing. i used to do it until recently (i tried to put it between the casing and the phone, the spigen casing too thick . )

the amex thing i can understand because not a lot of retailer accept it and for that case, the transaction will definitely not be able to go thru.
For me, 100% ok with Apple Pay so far. It's still new. Not every cashiers or POS attendants are aware of it. Give some time.

I really salute Ntuc aunties. So many types of 'pay'. Counter got at least 3 gadgets for payments. 👍👍👍👍👍
ashhong likes this.
IamBeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.