HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #1951

Maybe I'm a bit slow, but the top up machines at MRT station accepts paypass/paywave from any bank now, so can use Apple Pay/Android Pay to top up your ezlink card. Just tried nia.

It's not what I think a lot of us want which is the ability to just tap the phone to pay for transit... but it's a start. 😂
Still can't use credit card to pay for monthly concession.

and the top up machines at the LRT station aren't updated to accept paypass/paywave.
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 08:13 AM   #1952

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/pay...oon-be-reality

I can foresee this "Nets Pay" will not work with Apple Pay, since they also let you use QR codes (lol) for non-NFC devices.

But if it does, it could mean using your phone on nets to pay for public transport.

Last edited by chris888222; 18-02-2017 at 08:15 AM..
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 06:22 PM   #1953

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/pay...oon-be-reality

I can foresee this "Nets Pay" will not work with Apple Pay, since they also let you use QR codes (lol) for non-NFC devices.

But if it does, it could mean using your phone on nets to pay for public transport.
the pilot test for mastercard account-based ticketing should be coming soon... by then, no need to wait for NETS contactless liao.
btw... NETS contactless is directly deduct from bank acc... not much security.

anyone got any news on the credit/debit card fare payment pilot that was scheduled by end 2016?
still unsure whether the pilot test is limited to mastercard paypass physical card or can use on mobile? if limited to paypass physical card then no use one. i'm hoping to be able to tap Apple Watch to pass thru the fare gates
Old 28-02-2017, 01:16 PM   #1954

We now have our answer, from 20th March. Doesn't say about mobile payments though!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...html?cid=fbcna

https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/home/index

the pilot test for mastercard account-based ticketing should be coming soon... by then, no need to wait for NETS contactless liao.
btw... NETS contactless is directly deduct from bank acc... not much security.

anyone got any news on the credit/debit card fare payment pilot that was scheduled by end 2016?
still unsure whether the pilot test is limited to mastercard paypass physical card or can use on mobile? if limited to paypass physical card then no use one. i'm hoping to be able to tap Apple Watch to pass thru the fare gates
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 01:46 PM   #1955

We now have our answer, from 20th March. Doesn't say about mobile payments though!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...html?cid=fbcna

https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/home/index
Still never say anything about mobile payment. Still wondering when can we be like Korea (Samsung Pay) since transport like 3 years ago plus they have Samsung Pay ATM withdraw feature too.

Japan iphone 7 got FeliCa NFC chip exclusive by Apple to use their NFC payment with Apple Pay and their mass transport system.

U.K. London Tube can use Apple Pay to pay too. Our LTA are still trying so many pattern but still cannot use one smartphone to pay, no need ezlink or the retarded NFC SIM, I think they invest too much on the out-dated CEPAS NFC platform.

If we can use any debit or credit card added into the 3 main mobile soulutin of Apple Pay/Samsung Pay and Android Pay, just take out our phone and tap, that call world first.
ashhong likes this.

Last edited by Fellowes; 28-02-2017 at 01:49 PM..
Fellowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #1956

Might be an issue of cost eh. Don't forget apple takes a cut out of every transaction.

Still never say anything about mobile payment. Still wondering when can we be like Korea (Samsung Pay) since transport like 3 years ago plus they have Samsung Pay ATM withdraw feature too.

Japan iphone 7 got FeliCa NFC chip exclusive by Apple to use their NFC payment with Apple Pay and their mass transport system.

U.K. London Tube can use Apple Pay to pay too. Our LTA are still trying so many pattern but still cannot use one smartphone to pay, no need ezlink or the retarded NFC SIM, I think they invest too much on the out-dated CEPAS NFC platform.

If we can use any debit or credit card added into the 3 main mobile soulutin of Apple Pay/Samsung Pay and Android Pay, just take out our phone and tap, that call world first.
Old 28-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #1957

Really just hope we can use Apple Pay for public transports. After which, enabling cash withdrawal at ATMs.

There will be almost no need to bring your wallet out the next time, and just a phone will do, but at the same time it's putting all the eggs in one basket.
ashhong likes this.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 03:07 PM   #1958
Great Supremacy Member

Might be an issue of cost eh. Don't forget apple takes a cut out of every transaction.
Apple's cut is settled with the bank itself, the bank's cut from the merchant is still the same, merchants don't get charged by apple for accepting apple pay.

Thing about the trial is you'll have to register the card used for the trial with translink, which might be a bit of a problem for Apple Pay/Android Pay/Samsung Pay, so I can see why it's not in the trial as of now. But once the trial is concluded, it should be available as the same EMV standard is being used for contactless transactions made using the physical card or Apple Pay.
TrueBeliever_jh likes this.

Last edited by Mach3.2; 28-02-2017 at 03:10 PM..
Mach3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 04:02 PM   #1959

UOB has just given more insight on how it is used. However there isn't any indicate on whether Apple Pay will work or not. Trying to check with them on their fb post.

http://uob.com.sg/personal/cards/acc...ticketing.html

ABT FAQ
Old 28-02-2017, 05:36 PM   #1960

UOB has just given more insight on how it is used. However there isn't any indicate on whether Apple Pay will work or not. Trying to check with them on their fb post.

http://uob.com.sg/personal/cards/acc...ticketing.html

ABT FAQ
Woah finally more info on the ABT system!

Is UOB the exclusive bank launch partner again? All my UOB cards are Visa :/
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 05:42 PM   #1961

Woah finally more info on the ABT system!

Is UOB the exclusive bank launch partner again? All my UOB cards are Visa :/
I am not sure, so far I only saw info from UOB. I think UOB only have 2 mastercard out of all their available cards.
Old 28-02-2017, 05:53 PM   #1962

Cool, thanks for sharing!
Glad to be on UOB
Old 28-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #1963
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am not sure, so far I only saw info from UOB. I think UOB only have 2 mastercard out of all their available cards.
according to the news, master cards in general are accepted, don't think is exclusive to UOB only.

however i guess the promotion is exclusive to UOB clients only?
Old 28-02-2017, 06:59 PM   #1964

They changed their Debit to a Mastercard.
Old 28-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #1965

https://admin.todayonline.com/sites/...ographic_2.jpg

This graphic confirms that mobile payment will be added later.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.