HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2017, 01:35 PM   #2011

Just went Simei MRT and the GTM don't have the option to switch payment option. I ask the smrt staff, they say don't know. Only got check card and add value, anyone encounter this issue? Cannot even test today.
Suggest u email or PM transitlink on fb. They should know how to assist.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 01:55 PM   #2012

Just registered for the TransitLink Account Based Ticketing. Card will be activated 3 days after receiving the confirmation email for card registration. Since the card is also added to my phone, will try to see if Apple Pay can be used for tap in and tap out.
ok. pls try for us
anyone tried to use mobile payment today can tell us the result?

today tap the mastercard physical card... the response is slower than ezlink/flashpay... need to wait around 2 secs to get green light.
account based ticketing works better with mobile payment...
now they keep educating the pilot testers to take out card to tap, to avoid card clash... lol... no such thing if can use apple pay or mobile payment.
Old 20-03-2017, 02:22 PM   #2013

Tried physical card today, same response time as my EZ Link card for me.

Hopefully the trial can wrap up quickly so I can start to use apple pay 👍

ok. pls try for us

today tap the mastercard physical card... the response is slower than ezlink/flashpay... need to wait around 2 secs to get green light.
now they keep educating the pilot testers to take out card to tap, to avoid card clash... lol... no such thing if can use apple pay or mobile payment.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 02:25 PM   #2014

ok. pls try for us

Less cards to carry around = no card clash, no worry about losing cards, just need to carry phone around.

Hopefully the pilot will support mobile payments asap!
Old 20-03-2017, 02:59 PM   #2015

just curious nowadays really got ppl take out card from wallet then tap then put back into wallet?
Old 20-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #2016

Tried physical card today, same response time as my EZ Link card for me.

Hopefully the trial can wrap up quickly so I can start to use apple pay 👍
Apple Pay by using Apple Watch. No need to fumble for cards or taking it out from pockets or bags.

But of course, remembering to double press on the side button before scanning at the gantries.
tec_geek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #2017

Apple Pay by using Apple Watch. No need to fumble for cards or taking it out from pockets or bags.

But of course, remembering to double press on the side button before scanning at the gantries.
Yes, in Korea they can already use Samsung Pay for transport using the galaxy phones or gear S2/S3 watch to tap like 2 years ago + ATM withdraw as their ATM got NFC reader, their ATM card is inside the Samsung Pay app.
Fellowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #2018

Suggest u email or PM transitlink on fb. They should know how to assist.
I have check with them, no issue with my card registered or the ABT account as they have check with their IT support. They also don't know why the third menu of "check transit payment mode" don't show up.

They ask me to try on other GTM machines on a different MRT station and update them again. So far tested with GTM at Changi Airport and Simei MRT station, all 4 GTM never show the menu option to "check transit payment mode".

Last edited by Fellowes; 20-03-2017 at 05:40 PM..
Old 20-03-2017, 05:38 PM   #2019

just curious nowadays really got ppl take out card from wallet then tap then put back into wallet?
Me. Coz my wallet inside got some many different credit/debit cards and 5 of them got Ez-link CEPAS features, if just tap with wallet 100% got error.

Make use of Mobile Payment Solution with Apple Pay/ Samsung Pay or Android Pay, no more trouble! Waiting for the day to come!

Last edited by Fellowes; 20-03-2017 at 05:42 PM..
Old 20-03-2017, 05:45 PM   #2020

Yes, in Korea they can already use Samsung Pay for transport using the galaxy phones or gear S2/S3 watch to tap like 2 years ago + ATM withdraw as their ATM got NFC reader, their ATM card is inside the Samsung Pay app.
I hope Singapore is going towards this direction as well. I know for UOB, I can already use Apple Pay to withdraw money from ATM. Once paywave/paypass becomes even more common, and Android/Apple Pay can be used for public transport, maybe that will be the day where I can leave the wallet at home.
lexmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 05:48 PM   #2021

There is a slight delay using MasterCard vs ezlink from my end. Hopefully it's just a launch day glitch or bug. Using DBS Safra.
Old 20-03-2017, 08:36 PM   #2022

There is a slight delay using MasterCard vs ezlink from my end. Hopefully it's just a launch day glitch or bug. Using DBS Safra.
Same here and I just got a text message from them informing me that I can now activate the mode at the GTM machines.

"You may now activate your POSB/DBS Mastercard Card ending XXXX at any General Ticketing Machine (located in train stations). Once activated, you can tap and go on buses/trains with Mastercard contactless! Get 100% cashback on the first 3 rides from 20 Mar - 20 Apr 2017. T&Cs apply. Visit posb.com.sg/transit for details."
tec_geek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 08:59 PM   #2023

Me. Coz my wallet inside got some many different credit/debit cards and 5 of them got Ez-link CEPAS features, if just tap with wallet 100% got error.

Make use of Mobile Payment Solution with Apple Pay/ Samsung Pay or Android Pay, no more trouble! Waiting for the day to come!
i saw some ppl open the wallet then tap left side or right side of wallet.
u can try that
Old 20-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #2024

Same here and I just got a text message from them informing me that I can now activate the mode at the GTM machines.

"You may now activate your POSB/DBS Mastercard Card ending XXXX at any General Ticketing Machine (located in train stations). Once activated, you can tap and go on buses/trains with Mastercard contactless! Get 100% cashback on the first 3 rides from 20 Mar - 20 Apr 2017. T&Cs apply. Visit posb.com.sg/transit for details."
Managed to activate mine before 20th, so I didn't get the same text

Waiting for them to update any transaction records.
Old 20-03-2017, 09:06 PM   #2025

yes. using credit card needs around 1 sec processing time. just now used a few times, confirmed slower than ezlink/flashpay.
ezlink/flashpay just tap immediately green light.
credit card need to verify card number etc... 1 sec is already very fast.

but next time more ppl are using credit card... dunno the processing time will be longer or not.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.