HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2017, 10:40 PM   #2146

To be fair ABT was mentioned to be a trial first, and if I'm not wrong July should be the third month since this trial started. I rather they take their time and make sure nothing cock up.

Already got one time both my registered mastercard didn't register and had to switch payment modes. Better they do everything one time good one and make it as seamless and issue free as ez link card.

singapore ABT payment launched so long already still no news of supporting apple pay or mobile payment
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:42 PM   #2147

I also thought my citibank was useless until I realised their overseas benefit not bad. Received 10% vouchers for use at a French outlet mall and even got a $20 rebate to use when I called to cancel them. Shall keep them as a spare until they don't want my business anymore.

this is so convenient for tourist, like it.

yes, when will singapore has it?

also, hey, citibank, wtf? still no apple pay? lately i use posb more, haha
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:18 AM   #2148
Supremacy Member

Doubt it. Icitibank loooos like bonded with sammy contract

~Dragonite~ likes this.
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:53 PM   #2149

Yup, let's do so. I've been using my UOB card where possible. Not gonna support them when they can't be bothered about customer needs.
the_gryffindor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:09 PM   #2150

If the restaurant have discount for certain bank, can we get it by showing the virtual card on our phone? Anyone tried?
PongRareRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:41 PM   #2151

If the restaurant have discount for certain bank, can we get it by showing the virtual card on our phone? Anyone tried?
No use. They need to swipe the physical card or pay with apple pay with that card. Unless u fast enough to switch to another card and pay with the apple pay lol. Show on screen is Bank A card but when come to payment is Bank B card. Im sometimes tempted to try it.
manofsorrows is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:58 PM   #2152

Depends on the merchant. Most that I have tried have no issues, but that is provided they have a paywave terminal to process your payment.
chins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:38 PM   #2153
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes you can..

Old 10-08-2017, 10:39 PM   #2154
Arch-Supremacy Member

One example is Cathays self service kiosk. You can choose the particular card for promo but you can still pay with something else.. I tried once and it went through.. Lol

No use. They need to swipe the physical card or pay with apple pay with that card. Unless u fast enough to switch to another card and pay with the apple pay lol. Show on screen is Bank A card but when come to payment is Bank B card. Im sometimes tempted to try it.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #2155

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...medium=twitter

"The Land Transport Authority (LTA) and TransitLink said in a joint press release that its Account-based Ticketing pilot, which has been in place since March this year, has seen participation grown steadily to more than 100,000 and "feedback has been encouraging".
Both parties are working to extend the ongoing pilot with Mastercard beyond its originally planned duration of six months, and are in discussions for other payment schemes to be included."

Trial started on March 20, and 6 months would be September. Hopefully they'll add apple pay by then!!!
Old 11-08-2017, 04:05 PM   #2156
Supremacy Member

Apple Pay now can pau for TOP up Lor but not for use on bus or mrt yet unlike Andriod

But even so those on concession card Csnt use yet I bet as even Andriod based also supprt normal mrt card

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...medium=twitter

"The Land Transport Authority (LTA) and TransitLink said in a joint press release that its Account-based Ticketing pilot, which has been in place since March this year, has seen participation grown steadily to more than 100,000 and "feedback has been encouraging".
Both parties are working to extend the ongoing pilot with Mastercard beyond its originally planned duration of six months, and are in discussions for other payment schemes to be included."

Trial started on March 20, and 6 months would be September. Hopefully they'll add apple pay by then!!!
Old 11-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #2157

Since when Android can use on bus/mrt? Unless you're referring to NFC sim card which isn't the same as Android/Apple pay

Apple Pay now can pau for TOP up Lor but not for use on bus or mrt yet unlike Andriod

But even so those on concession card Csnt use yet I bet as even Andriod based also supprt normal mrt card

Old 11-08-2017, 07:12 PM   #2158
Supremacy Member

Ya the NFC Sim

Since when Android can use on bus/mrt? Unless you're referring to NFC sim card which isn't the same as Android/Apple pay
Old 12-08-2017, 12:00 AM   #2159

NFC sim is a little different. Those phone that support nfc will be able to use it if they allows.

Last time, iphone i switch to Note as they have bigger screen, got a nfc sim for Note 3. With $5 in the sim. But when I switch back to iPh6 with nano sim, Singtel tell me they will have to re-issue me a new sim and that time no nfc sim for nano sim ( lost) anyway, that $5 stays with that micro sim..

If apple see this is a market, I am sure they will work on it so next time, they can incorporate something to the AW so as to be used on train/mrt.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:09 AM   #2160

NFC sim is a little different. Those phone that support nfc will be able to use it if they allows.

Last time, iphone i switch to Note as they have bigger screen, got a nfc sim for Note 3. With $5 in the sim. But when I switch back to iPh6 with nano sim, Singtel tell me they will have to re-issue me a new sim and that time no nfc sim for nano sim ( lost) anyway, that $5 stays with that micro sim..

If apple see this is a market, I am sure they will work on it so next time, they can incorporate something to the AW so as to be used on train/mrt.
with LTA adopting a more cashless system. Let hope that they will work with Apple. Technically Apple Pay is able to work with the current LTA system. Afterall Apple Pay is used in london transport.
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.