 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2017, 12:14 AM   #2161
Supremacy Member

Like ris work on japan felicia too
Iphone for japan got a specific NFC on japan iphone

Time will tell Lor

with LTA adopting a more cashless system. Let hope that they will work with Apple. Technically Apple Pay is able to work with the current LTA system. Afterall Apple Pay is used in london transport.
ashhong likes this.
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:21 AM   #2162

Like ris work on japan felicia too
Iphone for japan got a specific NFC on japan iphone

Time will tell Lor

yeah, time will tell.

right now i will just stick to using ABT for credit cards so I get billed at the end of the month.
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:26 AM   #2163

Going Japan end of the month, anyone try using Apple pay in hotel ?
Windowlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:33 AM   #2164

Still waiting for Citibank SG to join Apple Pay and of course LTA to start trial for Apple Pay to be use in our transport system.
Fellowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:37 AM   #2165
Supremacy Member

Nope not supported
If u mean I japan iphone with Apple Pay is using s special made iphone for jp market so our iphone won't work even its supported

But any way japan still mainly on Cash and cc card mainly
Only in airport I saw Andriod pay
And ailpay

Going Japan end of the month, anyone try using Apple pay in hotel ?
Old 12-08-2017, 11:39 AM   #2166
Supremacy Member

Ya lTA WITH Apple Pay might be possible
But Citibank to Apple Pay seem remote
It's being o Long Lao no Rumour or news too

Still waiting for Citibank SG to join Apple Pay and of course LTA to start trial for Apple Pay to be use in our transport system.
Old 13-08-2017, 02:27 PM   #2167

If Apple wants expand it's product sales. I am sure they will be the ones to approach lta instead... well, I don't work there.. so only time will tell.
Old 13-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #2168
Supremacy Member

If Apple wants expand it's product sales. I am sure they will be the ones to approach lta instead... well, I don't work there.. so only time will tell.
highly doubt it
if they want they will do it long ago
look at japan
apple even make a specifc nfc phone for japan market too
as japan using a diff nfc type from sony felica is on all their keitai phone

anyway i m fine with use card to tap too
as use phone to tap wait oops drop and GG
but apple watch to tap is much better more faster
Old 13-08-2017, 09:44 PM   #2169

True lah...

I am sure Apple's plan is to spread Apple Pay to as many places as possible. As it is probably another source of income. And to make Apple Watch to tap on MRT, I guess that depends on how much $ they can bring in this little Red Dot.

With the Apple Store right here in Singapore, I am sure there will be more development or opportunity in Singapore which Apple is looking at.
Old 14-08-2017, 11:11 AM   #2170

True lah...

I am sure Apple's plan is to spread Apple Pay to as many places as possible. As it is probably another source of income. And to make Apple Watch to tap on MRT, I guess that depends on how much $ they can bring in this little Red Dot.

With the Apple Store right here in Singapore, I am sure there will be more development or opportunity in Singapore which Apple is looking at.
Yup just hope that LTA will look into mobile payment via Smartphones and Smart watches from Apple Pay to Samsung Pay. Like someone said before Apple Pay for London Tube (iPhones and Apple Watch) and Samsung Pay already works in Korea for 2-3 years for their transport tapping (galaxy phones and Gear S watches), Korean can even do ATM withdraw with Samsung Pay as their ATM machines have NFC reader.

Imagine the future of Singapore transport with all these convenient, one smartphone/smart watch to pay for virtually anything in Singapore from Transport to Food at hawker centre, major supermarkets, restaurants, all shops in shopping malls and even HDB street shops and website implements Apple Pay and Samsung Pay payment framework and we will have the true 100% cashless society.

Do away the need for extra Ezlink card (use only for standalone trip ticket for tourists only) and do away the outdated NFC SIM way which some of them are using on their android phones plus the add for additional ezlink charm accessories for Gear S watches for transport.

Last edited by Fellowes; 14-08-2017 at 11:19 AM..
Old 14-08-2017, 12:18 PM   #2171

Yup just hope that LTA will look into mobile payment via Smartphones and Smart watches from Apple Pay to Samsung Pay. Like someone said before Apple Pay for London Tube (iPhones and Apple Watch) and Samsung Pay already works in Korea for 2-3 years for their transport tapping (galaxy phones and Gear S watches), Korean can even do ATM withdraw with Samsung Pay as their ATM machines have NFC reader.

Imagine the future of Singapore transport with all these convenient, one smartphone/smart watch to pay for virtually anything in Singapore from Transport to Food at hawker centre, major supermarkets, restaurants, all shops in shopping malls and even HDB street shops and website implements Apple Pay and Samsung Pay payment framework and we will have the true 100% cashless society.

Do away the need for extra Ezlink card (use only for standalone trip ticket for tourists only) and do away the outdated NFC SIM way which some of them are using on their android phones plus the add for additional ezlink charm accessories for Gear S watches for transport.
People from other countries could also use Apple Pay if they take the transport here! (If they wouldn’t mind the bad exchange rates)
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #2172

People from other countries could also use Apple Pay if they take the transport here! (If they wouldn’t mind the bad exchange rates)
Huh? It’s not possible for us, what make you think other people (tourists) can use Apple Pay for transport in SG.

Old 14-08-2017, 10:23 PM   #2173

Huh? It’s not possible for us, what make you think other people (tourists) can use Apple Pay for transport in SG.
Oh what I meant was when in future if Apple Pay works with our transport, tourists can use the transport with their own Apple Pay as well.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 10:31 PM   #2174
Master Member

Oh what I meant was when in future if Apple Pay works with our transport, tourists can use the transport with their own Apple Pay as well.
Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay operate around Visa PayWave and Mastercard PayPass. As long as the terminals can accept these, it will work. So it is more of if companies are open to the idea of adopting contactless cards it will work. No need to go deep into Android Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung pay software or that HORRIBLE NFC SIM CARD THAT TELCO uses to make bucks out of you.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 11:59 PM   #2175
Supremacy Member

Apple Pay Misses Opportunity with Beijing Transit by Locking out Third Party Developers
http://www.patentlyapple.com/patentl...evelopers.html
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.