Old 16-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #2176
Supremacy Member

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...7520?cid=FBcna

Looks like Apple Watch
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 10:57 AM   #2177
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haahs it's not..

It's a smart watch made for just this posb smart buddy programme which basically works on nets flashpay backbone..

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...7520?cid=FBcna

Looks like Apple Watch
Old 17-08-2017, 09:23 PM   #2178
Supremacy Member

Actually look at China wechat & alipay
Ya if only can be as good as China method

Even its not using China alipay or whatever maybe pay now can be one
With easy to pay no need to login just Touch ID scan and inpremme to all business like nets exsmple

If not pay now only pay to one to one seem hard to push for it

Sg got too much system to follow

Like dash and pay now and pay wave
Actually paywave system is quite good s its close to most major store accept it only small shops and f&b

F&b using its own system like kopitam but food republic at least they got paywave system now

At least paywave should push for it a its much easy vs pay now need login
Old 17-08-2017, 09:24 PM   #2179
Supremacy Member

Ya looks so look alike to Apple Watch but look closer is looks plastic

But its s good start for kids for the smart city scheme

Haahs it's not..

It's a smart watch made for just this posb smart buddy programme which basically works on nets flashpay backbone..

Old 17-08-2017, 10:41 PM   #2180

At least paywave should push for it a its much easy vs pay now need login
It's coming
iOS 11
Sending money via Apple Pay

Edit : Soon™, hopefully

Last edited by PetPet; 18-08-2017 at 07:03 PM..
PetPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 12:17 AM   #2181

It's coming
iOS 11
Seems there is a fine print stating this only works in Message and only in US.
Old 18-08-2017, 01:10 AM   #2182

Actually for Kopitam and other businesses, they can follow like Starbucks.

Having an online account and card number, we can top up to the card via online payments or even via Apple Pay.

To use the card, we can create a unique QR code of the card and load them to the Wallet app. So whenever we are buying a meal, we can pull out our phone and proceed to the Wallet app and scan the QR code.

This allow us to still enjoy the 10% discount and able to see our past transactions or history.

Also, retail businesses can follow suit with the unique QR code to the Wallet app from their online account to replace membership cards.

** As from my understanding that they would have to pay for transaction fees, which I don’t think large businesses could not afford.

ashhong likes this.

Last edited by tec_geek; 18-08-2017 at 01:14 AM..
tec_geek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 03:19 AM   #2183
Supremacy Member

The concept btw alipay and Apple Pay is different .
In sg all the cashless paymen are directly from banks and alipay is third party payment. Money goes to alipay and not banks.

All cards payment in sg banks need to charge 2% of the total bill which small retails and small market or stall owner don't like it. And all the setup fees networks fees or whatever which have higher cost . That is tr stopping point for most stall owner to adopt cashless payment .
chenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 06:58 PM   #2184
Arch-Supremacy Member

Also, if I'm not wrong MAS also doesn't like any company to hold any funds for mobile payment or card payment, unless it's those reloadable cards for kopitiam. Because kopitiam does not involve mobile payment in which a company can rope out millions of funds from stored wallet. Kopitiam in fact is one of the rare kinds which can hold funds, similar to Starbucks.

If I'm not wrong also, that is also the reason for why weChat payment is also not approved.

The concept btw alipay and Apple Pay is different .
In sg all the cashless paymen are directly from banks and alipay is third party payment. Money goes to alipay and not banks.

All cards payment in sg banks need to charge 2% of the total bill which small retails and small market or stall owner don't like it. And all the setup fees networks fees or whatever which have higher cost . That is tr stopping point for most stall owner to adopt cashless payment .
Old 18-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #2185

Seems there is a fine print stating this only works in Message and only in US.
oh
I just saw it as well.

Soon™ I guess... and hope
Old 18-08-2017, 08:08 PM   #2186

With all the “smart” nation stuff going on and the push for cashless, I really hope I can finally use my phone to pay for bus or train rides soon.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 10:07 PM   #2187

It's coming
iOS 11

Edit : Soon™, hopefully

Yah, initially I also very happen to see all this coming to Singapore so User like us benefit as when there is competition, Vendor tends to compete and offer better price.
BTW, I like ur "TM".. first time see people posted it.. so I guess I cannot use the same word...haha

unless it's those reloadable cards for kopitiam. Because kopitiam does not involve mobile payment in which a company can rope out millions of funds from stored wallet. Kopitiam in fact is one of the rare kinds which can hold funds, similar to Starbucks.
Sometimes, I don't really like those "Reloadable cards". We tends to put money here and there and end up, when card lost, the money gone with it and Kopitiam's card need to "renew" every 2 years and need to pay another $2 for that. Though using the card gave us 10% discount.
Prefer those direct debit from cc.
Old 19-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #2188

Trial for mastercard payment on public transport is supposed to last till September, I have a feeling they'll renew it with the inclusion of mobile payments like apple pay and Android pay.

With all the “smart” nation stuff going on and the push for cashless, I really hope I can finally use my phone to pay for bus or train rides soon.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 01:18 PM   #2189
Supremacy Member

If this is so chance is low for Apple Pay unless apple open its NFC as andriod is but its might've not as safe if too open
Pro and cons
Old 19-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #2190

If this is so chance is low for Apple Pay unless apple open its NFC as andriod is but its might've not as safe if too open
Pro and cons
Look at London Tube, is possible to do it, is how will LTA implement it for their backend system to work with Apple Pay for iphone and Apple Watch. For Android, a good example will be Samsung Pay in South Korea for transport and ATM withdraw.

As for Japan it's completely different because Japan have a standardised nationwide contactless system by Sony Felicia and Apple have a special iphone 7 SKU with Felicia compatible NFC chip for them to use for transport so inside their Apple wallet, their "Suica" card which is equivalent to our Ezlink card can be added into Apple Wallet and use tap their iphone/watch to the reader as well as display amount.
ashhong likes this.

Last edited by Fellowes; 19-08-2017 at 06:33 PM..
Fellowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.