HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2017, 07:03 PM   #2251

might not even be exclusive too. It might have some compatibility issues with citibank ?
I think Citibank haven’t jump into Apple Pay only. It’s sure work as other banks works just fine, compatibility wise cannot be, USA Citibank works on Apple Pay since the beginning.
Fellowes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2017, 07:08 PM   #2252

Looks like Apple Pay for Citibank is coming soon!

Check out @clarence_chng’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/clarence_chng/st...023486977?s=09
How true is this? We shall see, it’s Citibank loss not mine. 🤷🏻*♂️
Old 17-09-2017, 07:39 PM   #2253

I think Citibank havenít jump into Apple Pay only. Itís sure work as other banks works just fine, compatibility wise cannot be, USA Citibank works on Apple Pay since the beginning.
Not to mention that Apple Pay works on current Citibank contactless readers in retail stores. Thereís no way it wonít work.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2017, 07:56 PM   #2254
Supremacy Member

If USA ciitbsnk can do it why not in sg
Doubt it the issue it's the so call contrssct signed agreements maybe
Old 18-09-2017, 08:38 AM   #2255

Can the dbs visa debit card be use with apple pay? I cant seem to get it to work
sg_scouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 08:41 AM   #2256

Can the dbs visa debit card be use with apple pay? I cant seem to get it to work
All DBS visa and mastercards should work. Maybe call the bank to check?
Old 18-09-2017, 08:54 AM   #2257

Can. I am currently using the DBS Visa debit card for Apple Pay.
karenwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 01:04 PM   #2258
Supremacy Member

More News out

Singapore government to trial Apple Pay for public transport in 2018
http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/...nsport-in-2018
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #2259

Apple adds global FeliCa support to Apple Pay with iPhone 8, iPhone X & Apple Watch Series 3

The updated page was spotted by local blog Ata Distance, which notes global support for the FeliCa standard could open the door to multiple contactless payment platforms in Asia which only debut in Japan last year for its iPhone 7 series.

http://iphone.appleinsider.com/artic...watch-series-3

With recent announcement from LTA that trial for Apple Pay will start in early 2018, let’s wait for more info to see which model of Apple devices are included.

Lastly, the hope of slow ass Citibank to hop on Apple Pay in SG....the wait is forever.

Last edited by Fellowes; 23-09-2017 at 01:26 PM..
Old 23-09-2017, 01:32 PM   #2260

Apple adds global FeliCa support to Apple Pay with iPhone 8, iPhone X & Apple Watch Series 3

The updated page was spotted by local blog Ata Distance, which notes global support for the FeliCa standard could open the door to multiple contactless payment platforms in Asia which only debut in Japan last year for its iPhone 7 series.

With recent announcement from LTA that trial for Apple Pay will start in early 2018, let’s wait for more info to see which model of Apple devices are included.

Lastly, the hope of slow ass Citibank to hop on Apple Pay in SG....the wait is forever.
I think it will be the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X and Apple Watch Series 3 as mentioned in the articles.

https://atadistance.net/2017/09/12/i...global-felica/
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 02:28 PM   #2261
Supremacy Member

So felica NFC from japan iphone will support the normal global pay wave ?

Old 23-09-2017, 02:29 PM   #2262
Supremacy Member

So now it's possible we can hootba iphone from japan and Supprt global NFC and japan felica too
Old 23-09-2017, 04:17 PM   #2263

So now it's possible we can hootba iphone from japan and Supprt global NFC and japan felica too
Nope, it’s just that the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X and Series 3 that you bought outside of Japan, it will have FeliCa too. Whereas previously it’s only available when you buy an iPhone or Apple Watch from Japan.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 04:19 PM   #2264

From what I understand, all iPhone 8 and X now support FeliCa which means you can add a suica to a Singapore iPhone 8.
Old 23-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #2265

Apple adds global FeliCa support to Apple Pay with iPhone 8, iPhone X & Apple Watch Series 3 <snip>

With recent announcement from LTA that trial for Apple Pay will start in early 2018, letís wait for more info to see which model of Apple devices are included.
Doubt the addition of FeliCa support is relevant in Singapore's context; we have already moved off the FeliCa standard to CEPAS.

Alternatively, and more probable in fact, is that Apple Pay on public transport will likely ride on your existing credit cards (i.e. the PayWave/PayPass options by Visa/MC) using account based ticketing.

That likely means all phones that support Apple Pay will support ABT. Just my $0.02. Not sure if they'll allow more than 1 device though (i.e. iPhone + Apple Watch).
opt1m4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.