HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2017, 01:40 PM   #2281

It should be coming soon. I tried adding a Citibank card and saw the user agreement between Citibank Singapore and Apple Pay. Of course, it didn’t go through. I guess they are waiting for the official launch date.
Yup, it show the agreement but fail to contact card provider, should be coming soon just don’t know when.
Fellowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:20 PM   #2282

If you put your phone near the reader on buses or trains, the Apple Pay screen will be activated but not able to go through yet. Just need someone to unlock it lol.
put iphone near *any* nfc reader will activate the apple pay screen.
last time mrt gantry readers can only read CEPAS card, also will wake up iphone but can't read it.
now with ABT the mrt readers can read cepas/paywave/paypass, so apple pay info is actually sent to the reader, but ABT cannot process mobile/virtual card yet, so it will display invalid card.
need to wait until 1st quarter of 2018.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:04 PM   #2283

Interesting article about iOS 11 Apple Pay in Japan and global FeliCa in iPhone 8/8+/X/Watch Series 3

One seamless NFC world standard
Even though Apple is not advertising it, putting FeliCa into every iPhone 8, iPhone X and Apple Watch Series 3 makes FeliCa a NFC world standard on a level unimaginable, and unattainable up to now.

Put another way, there are lots of global standards which FeliCa was. There are also global standards that really matter. Thanks to Apple, FeliCa just became the latter.

Just like wireless charging, it’s there for many years on Android but not moving until Apple is onboard pushing the whole industry forward.

https://atadistance.net/2017/09/25/a...global-felica/

Upcoming LTA trial for transport with Apple Pay, not sure will older devices like iPhone7 and below works properly since it don’t come with global NFC FeliCa standard, we shall wait for more info from LTA.

Last edited by Fellowes; 02-10-2017 at 04:14 PM..
Fellowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #2284

Interesting article about iOS 11 Apple Pay in Japan and global FeliCa in iPhone 8/8+/X/Watch Series 3

One seamless NFC world standard
Even though Apple is not advertising it, putting FeliCa into every iPhone 8, iPhone X and Apple Watch Series 3 makes FeliCa a NFC world standard on a level unimaginable, and unattainable up to now.

Put another way, there are lots of global standards which FeliCa was. There are also global standards that really matter. Thanks to Apple, FeliCa just became the latter.

Just like wireless charging, itís there for many years on Android but not moving until Apple is onboard pushing the whole industry forward.

https://atadistance.net/2017/09/25/a...global-felica/

Upcoming LTA trial for transport with Apple Pay, not sure will older devices like iPhone7 and below works properly since it donít come with global NFC FeliCa standard, we shall wait for more info from LTA.

Apple Pay trials here will be based on MasterCard's system which is Type A/B NFC. It will work fine on older devices. (Similar to TfL's implementation. Authenticate before entry)

Unless they also want to integrate CEPAS cards with the iPhone 8, then that'll be exclusive but I doubt that will happen.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:36 PM   #2285

Upcoming LTA trial for transport with Apple Pay, not sure will older devices like iPhone7 and below works properly since it donít come with global NFC FeliCa standard, we shall wait for more info from LTA.
we have already discussed quite a lot here that the ABT is based on credit/debit card, not CEPAS prepaid card. so no need to wait for FeliCa or CEPAS support. the normal apple pay (credit/debit card) is ready for ABT.
just that the ABT backend cannot process the credit/debit card on apple/samsung/android pay yet.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:45 PM   #2286

we have already discussed quite a lot here that the ABT is based on credit/debit card, not CEPAS prepaid card. so no need to wait for FeliCa or CEPAS support. the normal apple pay (credit/debit card) is ready for ABT.
just that the ABT backend cannot process the credit/debit card on apple/samsung/android pay yet.
Yeah. I think it is slightly complex as each of the cards in the Wallet app has a dynamic code and device tokens that authenticates the transaction.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:12 AM   #2287
Supremacy Member

Guess the Apple Pay trial for mrt only can use for normal adults pay scheme & not the work fare or monthly or kids card types
Old 03-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #2288
Arch-Supremacy Member

Noticed I always have a hard time trying to get Apple Pay to work with my Amex card. The terminal won't recognize my phone if amex is selected, but once switched to Visa straight way transaction complete.

Not sure if u guys are encountering this too.
ceecookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #2289
Arch-Supremacy Member

Noticed I always have a hard time trying to get Apple Pay to work with my Amex card. The terminal won't recognize my phone if amex is selected, but once switched to Visa straight way transaction complete.

have u tried deleting then adding e card again?
szeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:21 PM   #2290

Not all merchants accept AMEX, see you using at one that does accept AMEX?

Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #2291
Supremacy Member

Agreed visa is the most accepted compare to diner master or last Amex

kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #2292
Arch-Supremacy Member

have u tried deleting then adding e card again?
Yup, tried at those merchants that accept Amex. Pastamania, Old Town white coffee and Itacho Sushi.

The cashier at Itacho sushi somemore tell me Amex cannot use their paywave terminal, must insert card into their machine

Will re-add the Amex card into Wallet and try again another time
Old 03-10-2017, 11:20 PM   #2293
Supremacy Member

It's not new lor I saw NFC booth say support Psy wave & Master pass but in the end the staff say only visas accepted so I guess they cut cost to go with the most accepted visa then others

Yup, tried at those merchants that accept Amex. Pastamania, Old Town white coffee and Itacho Sushi.

The cashier at Itacho sushi somemore tell me Amex cannot use their paywave terminal, must insert card into their machine

Will re-add the Amex card into Wallet and try again another time
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:35 AM   #2294
Supremacy Member

BOC no apple pay is a sad thing.
swathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:29 PM   #2295
High Supremacy Member

I think very little retailers in Singapore supports AMEX paywave.

Jirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.