HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2017, 03:36 PM   #2356
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guys, currently i using posb everyday card to tap for ez link, can i add it to my wallet and use it by tapping my phone?
aztech44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 03:46 PM   #2357
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guys, currently i using posb everyday card to tap for ez link, can i add it to my wallet and use it by tapping my phone?
Our public transport doesn't support apple pay yet.
coloumbiaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 04:15 PM   #2358
Arch-Supremacy Member

I see, ok thanks.
aztech44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 09:51 PM   #2359

I guess not Apple Pay.. It's Apple's NFC not yet supporting the Public Transport...
Old 15-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #2360
Great Supremacy Member

I guess not Apple Pay.. It's Apple's NFC not yet supporting the Public Transport...
No, the fare readers only accept whitelisted contactless mastercards. Apple Pay follows the EMV standard, the same standard used for other contactless EMV cards.
Old 15-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #2361
Arch-Supremacy Member

No, the fare readers only accept whitelisted contactless mastercards. Apple Pay follows the EMV standard, the same standard used for other contactless EMV cards.
You cant tokenise EMV chips can you?

Apple Pay follows the EMV tokenisation specification framework which functions at backend level. However, its not this standard which affects the performance. In fact, the current closed door trial already started accepting virtual devices, including Apple/android/Samsung pay and wearables to onboard transit.

According to what I heard, unofficially they are gonna introduce this to the public next year or after next year which includes virtual devices.

In transitlink’s Account-based ticketing (ABT) portal, the legend includes virtual device, which also concurs the above information and is also conclusive that the infrastructure is gearing up for the mass trial in time to come.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 11:11 PM   #2362
Supremacy Member

I can't get my credit cards verified. Anyone knows why? That never happened on my 7+.
discoburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 11:16 PM   #2363
Arch-Supremacy Member

I can't get my credit cards verified. Anyone knows why? That never happened on my 7+.
yr phone seems to have lots of issues. I suggest a visit to e Apple Store genius bar appt.
discoburg likes this.
szeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 11:20 PM   #2364
Supremacy Member

Hahahahaha you must be my lucky star. After reading your post I went to verified my cards again and both activated liao.
yr phone seems to have lots of issues. I suggest a visit to e Apple Store genius bar appt.
Old 15-11-2017, 11:48 PM   #2365
Arch-Supremacy Member

What’s the error message?
discoburg likes this.
Old 16-11-2017, 12:11 AM   #2366
Great Supremacy Member

You cant tokenise EMV chips can you?
That's exactly what Apple Pay/Android Pay/Samsung Pay is doing.

Apple Pay follows the EMV tokenisation specification framework which functions at backend level.
Which is the EMV standard.

However, its not this standard which affects the performance. In fact, the current closed door trial already started accepting virtual devices, including Apple/android/Samsung pay and wearables to onboard transit.
Nobody is talking about performance. The topic is why isn't Apple Pay working in the ABT trial, and that's because the cards used have to be in a whitelist.

The reader doesn't care whether you're using your physical contactless mastercard or your phone/wearable, it'll work as long as your card is in the whitelist, for both uses the same contactless EMV standard. The only difference is Apple Pay/Android Pay/Samsung Pay utilises tokenisation in the backend, which you pointed out. The front end follows the same contactless EMV standard used by credit/debit cards.

According to what I heard, unofficially they are gonna introduce this to the public next year or after next year which includes virtual devices.

In transitlink’s Account-based ticketing (ABT) portal, the legend includes virtual device, which also concurs the above information and is also conclusive that the infrastructure is gearing up for the mass trial in time to come.
Yes, there's an article out there saying they will include phones in the trial next year.
Old 16-11-2017, 06:32 AM   #2367
Supremacy Member

The card can't be verified. Tried for many times but now ok.
What’s the error message?
Old 16-11-2017, 08:46 AM   #2368
Arch-Supremacy Member

The card can't be verified. Tried for many times but now ok.
Then problem solved.. hahas
Old 19-11-2017, 08:35 PM   #2369

Citibank Launches Challenge to Apple and Google With Citi Pay

No wonder they don’t want to launch with Apple Pay, because they want a slice of the pie with the ever growing and confusing contactless payment solution in Singapore.

Citi Pay won’t launch in the United States until early 2017, but it will roll out later this year to customers in Singapore, Australia, and Mexico.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/amp.ti...ibank-citi-pay
Fellowes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 09:01 PM   #2370
Supremacy Member

Ya messy crap another cashless option
If nfc its usually android and iOS maybe use Qr code ? Lol

Citibank Launches Challenge to Apple and Google With Citi Pay

No wonder they don’t want to launch with Apple Pay, because they want a slice of the pie with the ever growing and confusing contactless payment solution in Singapore.

Citi Pay won’t launch in the United States until early 2017, but it will roll out later this year to customers in Singapore, Australia, and Mexico.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/amp.ti...ibank-citi-pay
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.