HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2017, 10:20 PM   #2371
Master Member

Citibank Launches Challenge to Apple and Google With Citi Pay

No wonder they donít want to launch with Apple Pay, because they want a slice of the pie with the ever growing and confusing contactless payment solution in Singapore.

Citi Pay wonít launch in the United States until early 2017, but it will roll out later this year to customers in Singapore, Australia, and Mexico.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/amp.ti...ibank-citi-pay
Bro this one old story leh. Citi Pay already exist since late last year. Not kicking off as expected.
*adiBOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 01:51 PM   #2372

In fact, the current closed door trial already started accepting virtual devices, including Apple/android/Samsung pay and wearables to onboard transit.
how to join the closed door trial? are u in the trial too?

According to what I heard, unofficially they are gonna introduce this to the public next year or after next year which includes virtual devices.
news already annnounced 1st quarter next yr supports mobiles/wearables, 3rd quarter supports visa and netspay.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:04 PM   #2373

Does it mean that if i use apple pay with a Amex card, the merchant terminal must be able to accept Amex. Apple pay is just another method of payment, same with android pay and Samsung pay?
ashhong likes this.
Tyrhung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 09:17 PM   #2374

Does it mean that if i use apple pay with a Amex card, the merchant terminal must be able to accept Amex. Apple pay is just another method of payment, same with android pay and Samsung pay?
Yes. I donít use Amex so I dunno the term. For Apple Pay, any Visa card = paywave and any Mastercard = paypass
Same thing just naming
PongRareRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #2375
Arch-Supremacy Member

how to join the closed door trial? are u in the trial too?

news already annnounced 1st quarter next yr supports mobiles/wearables, 3rd quarter supports visa and netspay.
Thatís the projected time line mah.. not confirmed until published again.. Hahas.

I was in the closed door nfc ezlink for retail and transit, MasterCard for transit, and now Iím waiting for them to open up next phase of public testing of wearables.. heheee
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #2376

Yes. I donít use Amex so I dunno the term. For Apple Pay, any Visa card = paywave and any Mastercard = paypass
Same thing just naming
What about android pay or Samsung pay? Same as apple pay visa = paywave and mc = paypass?
Tyrhung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #2377

Thatís the projected time line mah.. not confirmed until published again.. Hahas.

I was in the closed door nfc ezlink for retail and transit, MasterCard for transit, and now Iím waiting for them to open up next phase of public testing of wearables.. heheee
how did u join closed door mastercard for transit?
and how's the result of closed door trial for mobile/wearable?
Old 21-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #2378
Master Member

Yes for Amex with Apple Pay, the nfc terminal should have a Amex sticker on it next to visa and MasterCard.
crystalnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:59 AM   #2379

it's the 1st quarter of 2018 already.
as announced in news previously, apple/samsung/android pay for ABT should be launching this quarter. any updates?
Old 06-01-2018, 09:54 AM   #2380

yes, the merchant terminal must accept Amex because on the merchant side, their terminal will know if it is mastercard, visa, etc.

sometime the worst problem is that they have multiple terminal and one is specific for Amex.

it's the 1st quarter of 2018 already.
as announced in news previously, apple/samsung/android pay for ABT should be launching this quarter. any updates?
still waiting for news
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 02:32 PM   #2381
Supremacy Member

since ABT now only accept mastercard paypass, if i have already added mastercard to my apple watch, can i use it on bus and train?
Old 17-01-2018, 03:04 PM   #2382
Arch-Supremacy Member

since ABT now only accept mastercard paypass, if i have already added mastercard to my apple watch, can i use it on bus and train?
No. Not yet.
ashhong likes this.
coloumbiaGames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 04:16 PM   #2383

Tried using, but nope, it says that my (virtual) card on Apple Pay isn’t ‘registered’ for Bank Usage.
tec_geek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #2384
Supremacy Member

hope LTA faster bring in APPLE / GOOGLE pay... so no need to use my EZLINK NFC SIM liao
Old 17-01-2018, 06:11 PM   #2385
Arch-Supremacy Member

hope LTA faster bring in APPLE / GOOGLE pay... so no need to use my EZLINK NFC SIM liao
google pay? new one huh?
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.