HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2018, 10:25 AM   #2431
Supremacy Member

Ya lor so I will be getting others and using others banks for my Apple Pay like uob ocbc Hsbc

Too bad Citibank reward is better but 2nd in line is Hsbc revolution card will be getting t next for ng apply pay

But I use uob for my japan suica top up it’s quite good on the exchange rates as I recall someone in hwz did mention uob use in japan is quite good rates

our govt usually take the wait and see approach, slowly do things...look at how convenient it is when using Sucia with Apple Pay for transport, simply tap and go, no need to even unlock (there is a setting to allow security if the user want)

I give up on Citibank Singapore already, inequality of treatment compare to USA customers, global brand but lack behind when come to support iOS users, missing out one huge pie locally. You don't support, i use other bank cards.
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #2432

If i'm not wrong, its apple store online, where you use your apple devices for apple pay purchases. I made my iPhone purchase using mac and authenticated with apple pay. Has anyone tried to pay physically at apple store orchard with >100 dollars purchase?

for physical store purchase, the 100 dollars limit should still apply according to MAS policy on contactless payment. Samsung pay is excluded in this due to MST technology. Of cos, with contactless tap, it still apply..
Actually there are restaurants that have higher restrictions. Can just ask when paying. Till this date, I know 2. The Nara Thai at vivo and one korean bbq restaurant at jem. Both accept more den $100 contactless
PongRareRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 10:55 AM   #2433

If i'm not wrong, its apple store online, where you use your apple devices for apple pay purchases. I made my iPhone purchase using mac and authenticated with apple pay. Has anyone tried to pay physically at apple store orchard with >100 dollars purchase?

for physical store purchase, the 100 dollars limit should still apply according to MAS policy on contactless payment. Samsung pay is excluded in this due to MST technology. Of cos, with contactless tap, it still apply..
It's the physical apple store. That is what the Apple staff told me.
leongws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 12:11 PM   #2434
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually there are restaurants that have higher restrictions. Can just ask when paying. Till this date, I know 2. The Nara Thai at vivo and one korean bbq restaurant at jem. Both accept more den $100 contactless
Maybe the retailers have applied for limit removal through contactless and such, not too sure too.

According to UOB released statement, contactless purchases made through UOB Mighty app / Apple Pay have limits removed from some of the terminals. This suggests a software update to their terminals, which would progressively change over time to include all the terminals. The statement also mentioned that the limit is only lifted through their UOB terminals, while did not specify if OCBC/Citibank/Amex terminals are included as well.

However even with these exclusions, UOB included a small footnote that the current limit for paywave/paypass/amex are still capped at $100 by default, unless excluded from the limit above.

https://www.uobgroup.com/assets/pdfs...ransaction.pdf

Nevertheless, 100 limit or no payment limit, just ask lor.

Later i go try apple store for >100 dollars purchase, see can make it or break it.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 01:33 PM   #2435

In the Apple Store, you can make payments above 100$ with Apple Pay.

Maybe the retailers have applied for limit removal through contactless and such, not too sure too.

According to UOB released statement, contactless purchases made through UOB Mighty app / Apple Pay have limits removed from some of the terminals. This suggests a software update to their terminals, which would progressively change over time to include all the terminals. The statement also mentioned that the limit is only lifted through their UOB terminals, while did not specify if OCBC/Citibank/Amex terminals are included as well.
With regards to the UOB $100 terminal thing, it’s not some. It’s all of their UOB terminals. (which is a quite rare Pokémon in the wild).

Last edited by PetPet; 31-03-2018 at 01:36 PM..
PetPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 04:06 PM   #2436

Definitely depends on merchants now. I have paid for dinners above $100 with my OCBC card, and I just paid $360 worth of IKEA stuff using my standchart card via apple pay lol.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:20 AM   #2437
Great Supremacy Member

Yup, bought an Apple Watch($498) at Apple Orchard using Apple Pay.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:02 PM   #2438

Remember to update tomorrow please 😂

LTA is currently doing trials. I will let you guys know how it all goes after April 4th
Old 03-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #2439
Supremacy Member

No applecsre price included I bet hahha

Yup, bought an Apple Watch($498) at Apple Orchard using Apple Pay.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:31 PM   #2440

Definitely depends on merchants now. I have paid for dinners above $100 with my OCBC card, and I just paid $360 worth of IKEA stuff using my standchart card via apple pay lol.
it depends on which bank's terminal. so far mostly are UOB readers with updated firmware. sometimes even the cashier didn't know. u have to try.
for apple/samsung/google/android pay >100, mostly no signature required.
for paywave/paypass >100, need signature.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:32 PM   #2441

Remember to update tomorrow please 😂
yes... i'm also waiting for tmr updates on ABT.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:20 PM   #2442
Master Member

LTA is currently doing trials. I will let you guys know how it all goes after April 4th
can't wait for good news
squid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:30 PM   #2443
Supremacy Member

I won’t put the news grearty hahahhah see sg soo slow
Old 04-04-2018, 08:14 AM   #2444

I have participated in the mobile payments trial for ABT using Apple Pay. The Device Account Number must be registered by TransitLink before you can use the relevant credit or debit card in Apple Pay for payment of Bus/Mrt.
atleeyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:38 AM   #2445

Cool cool. Any indication on how long is the closed door trial going to be?

And how come you so lucky hahaha

I have participated in the mobile payments trial for ABT using Apple Pay. The Device Account Number must be registered by TransitLink before you can use the relevant credit or debit card in Apple Pay for payment of Bus/Mrt.

Last edited by Slavor; 04-04-2018 at 09:29 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.