HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2018, 01:13 PM   #2491

If you have an existing account with an active card, go to one of the three transitlink office with the poster to register. Don't need to sign up again for an account.
Thanks. I tot need sign up account again.
Been using abt since it launch, so quite excited for mobile payment.

Just nice I heading to bouna Vista for meeting.
So long as I using apple pay, the card is already inside, I just head over there show the poster n my phone jiu done right?

Last edited by VodkaPear; 06-04-2018 at 01:22 PM..
VodkaPear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #2492

You need to activate apple pay on your phone and make sure the card being scanned is the same card registered on your ABT account.

Thanks. I tot need sign up account again.
Been using abt since it launch, so quite excited for mobile payment.

Just nice I heading to bouna Vista for meeting.
So long as I using apple pay, the card is already inside, I just head over there show the poster n my phone jiu done right?

Last edited by Slavor; 06-04-2018 at 01:30 PM..
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:18 PM   #2493
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah. One must be an existing MasterCard contactless payment trial user first. The digital card number is tied to the physical card number..

I just completed my sign up with transitlink office, will only be activated at the end of 7 days. Not strictly 7 days I suppose cos they say bus and train transit are on separate platform.. can use train but doesn't mean can use on bus too. So 7 days is a safe timeline.

They pointed out to me from the terms and conditions too. Stated there.

I can only whine about the staff speaking in Malay, like as if I hinder them for lunch. Lol..

You need to activate apple pay on your phone and make sure the card being scanned is the same card registered on your ABT account.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:31 PM   #2494

but sian, my apple watch dropped on the floor n cracked.

only can use mobile phone.

apple watch to tap on ezlink reader is more smooth than using phone.
VodkaPear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:35 PM   #2495

Ooo were you one of the people invited officially?
Nope I wasn’t invited. I just printed the page and brought it to one of the service centers. They will ask you to place your mobile device on a pad to register.

Have been using Apple Watch to pay for bus and MRT for a week now. Generally quite smooth though the reader takes awhile, about 2 secs, to recognize the watch. And sometimes doesn’t recognize Seems slower than using a fare card. If at a busy fare gate with a lot of people, stressful haha.
tanandy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:39 PM   #2496
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hahas the current nfc ezlink also the same. Will get card error sometimes.. then people will kiss my back and tsk.

Anyway what's the process after being registered? Wait for 7 days then?

Nope I wasn’t invited. I just printed the page and brought it to one of the service centers. They will ask you to place your mobile device on a pad to register.

Have been using Apple Watch to pay for bus and MRT for a week now. Generally quite smooth though the reader takes awhile, about 2 secs, to recognize the watch. And sometimes doesn’t recognize Seems slower than using a fare card. If at a busy fare gate with a lot of people, stressful haha.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:49 PM   #2497

Yea but the fact that they need 7 working days to process it could mean that they are vetting those who signed up for it? Would be sian if after 7 days it doesn't work :S
Actually, even if it does not work, i won't really care too much in using iphone for public transport.

Using the phone seems so troublesome, especially when i have my visa as my default card in apple pay. now it seems like i need to make my mastercard the default card and use my right thumb to unlock when i prefer to use my left thumb to unlock and hold the phone.

Last edited by Meatfactory; 06-04-2018 at 03:05 PM..
Meatfactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:01 PM   #2498

Hahas the current nfc ezlink also the same. Will get card error sometimes.. then people will kiss my back and tsk.

Anyway what's the process after being registered? Wait for 7 days then?

Yups can just start using after 7 days. I actually tried tapping my watch on the first itself but got an error message on the fare gate while my watch said “payment done”. So best to wait before starting to use.
tanandy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:08 PM   #2499
Arch-Supremacy Member

I see. Yours is Apple pay so a bit different from my Samsung pay.

Samsung pay got additional steps of adding transport card via Samsung pay before authentication is not required..

Yups can just start using after 7 days. I actually tried tapping my watch on the first itself but got an error message on the fare gate while my watch said “payment done”. So best to wait before starting to use.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:17 PM   #2500

i received an email to say i can go to the nearest GTM machine to register. Anybody went to other stations other than the 3 listed in the pdf file?
sellwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:18 PM   #2501
Arch-Supremacy Member

For MasterCard registration you mean? Mobile payment is different from card payment..

i received an email to say i can go to the nearest GTM machine to register. Anybody went to other stations other than the 3 listed in the pdf file?
Old 06-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #2502

For MasterCard registration you mean? Mobile payment is different from card payment..

yes mastercard registration. Its the same card i have on my apple pay.
sellwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #2503
Arch-Supremacy Member

MasterCard registration is different. You can activate your physical card on GTMs but Apple pay must be done over counter..

yes mastercard registration. Its the same card i have on my apple pay.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:01 PM   #2504

Nice. So how many days after you register did it take to work?

Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:36 PM   #2505

Moderator's Note
Updated titled.
Updated first post
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.