HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2018, 09:51 AM   #2551

LTA didn't implement the way of adding cards like Sucia, so troublesome still need to go down transit office to set it up. It also stated when phone got new software update, the virtual card might not work...WTF.

Secondly once again we need to authenticate everything while Japan got the easy method of just tap and go "express transit" option on iphone
Fellowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:53 AM   #2552

LTA didn't implement the way of adding cards like Sucia, so troublesome still need to go down transit office to set it up. It also stated when phone got new software update, the virtual card might not work...WTF.

Secondly once again we need to authenticate everything while Japan got the easy method of just tap and go "express transit" option on iphone
Calm down.
This is just for the trial period, hence the requirement of going down to register to enrol your cards into the trial.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:08 AM   #2553

Calm down.
This is just for the trial period, hence the requirement of going down to register to enrol your cards into the trial.
Going to transit office later and try. Understand it’s a trial but when fully release to public hope LTA allow users to add virtual devices on ABT Portal and even with express transit options plus allowing users to see how much the fare is inside Apple Pay app (like Sucia Style)

If they go with current method, it’s really a mess when whole SG going into it. Since now is like “manual adding virtual card for it work”

Old 07-04-2018, 10:58 AM   #2554

Went to the Tampines office, staff tried to enroll it with the Apple Pay POSB Passion card that I authenticated and which was also my current ABT physical card on their NFC reader still shown as red instead of green therefore fail to enroll my virtual card into their system.

Anyone tested with iOS 11.4 B1, can you add your virtual card into the ABT trial for mobile at the ticketing office?

I am not sure whether is it due to iOS 11.4 Beta firmware or the staff there don’t know the step or their NFC reader issue

Last edited by Fellowes; 07-04-2018 at 11:33 AM..
Old 07-04-2018, 11:20 AM   #2555

Asking a stupid question, when bringing the iPhone to the ticket office to register the virtual MasterCard number, just tap the iPhone on their nfc pad will do, or need to fingerprint on home button as in making payment.
Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:28 AM   #2556
Master Member

Anyone tested with iOS 11.4 B1, can you add your virtual card into the ABT trial for mobile at the ticketing office?

Went to the Tampines office, staff tried to enroll it with the Apple Pay POSB Passion card that I authenticated and which was also my current ABT physical card on their NFC reader still shown as red instead of green therefore fail to enroll my virtual card into their system.

I was at the Tampines station too yest. It was flashing red most of the time, with some lime green flashing intermittently. There was also only once where I saw a solid bright green flash. Kept trying for like 5 mins then suddenly the officer there said registration is done. I was like "Huh, really?". I just took their words for it. Will wait for 7 days and see.

I was trying to register my Google Pixel 2 btw. Have yet to try registering the iPhone.
kEvinErd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #2557

I was at the Tampines station too yest. It was flashing red most of the time, with some lime green flashing intermittently. There was also only once where I saw a solid bright green flash. Kept trying for like 5 mins then suddenly the officer there said registration is done. I was like "Huh, really?". I just took their words for it. Will wait for 7 days and see.

I was trying to register my Google Pixel 2 btw. Have yet to try registering the iPhone.
The NFC reader keep showing red despite my iPhone X was in payment mode and the aunty staff speak so soft that I barely can hear what is she trying to say, like for 3 min and the queue getting longer, so I said nevermind.

Not sure whether is due to iOS 11.4 Beta, or the SMRT aunty staff don’t know the steps or that NFC reader cock up.

Last edited by Fellowes; 07-04-2018 at 11:34 AM..
Old 07-04-2018, 12:00 PM   #2558
Master Member

The NFC reader keep showing red despite my iPhone X was in payment mode and the aunty staff speak so soft that I barely can hear what is she trying to say, like for 3 min and the queue getting longer, so I said nevermind.

Not sure whether is due to iOS 11.4 Beta, or the SMRT aunty staff donít know the steps or that NFC reader cock up.

Ya the staff there gave me the impression that they themselves also not sure which "page" the phone must be at in order to register properly. Like is it just tap the phone, or must the Mobile Wallet (be it Apple Pay or Google Pay or Samsung Pay) be triggered first, etc.

I just buay paiseh kept trying to register my phone there for like 5 mins. Hahaha
Old 07-04-2018, 12:17 PM   #2559

Wow, didnít check in lately and now lta is going to trial on iphon nfc? Sound good and also show that apple wants to come into this little country and cut a pie of it.

Great to have all this on mobile and save the hassel of taking the wallet and cards.. one thing have to take note for all, phoneís battery cannot go flat... maybe thatís why buses start to implement USB charging ports onboard...
Old 07-04-2018, 12:19 PM   #2560

It's LTA that is responsible for rolling out mobile payments to our public transport, nothing to do with apple.

Wow, didn’t check in lately and now lta is going to trial on iphon nfc? Sound good and also show that apple wants to come into this little country and cut a pie of it.

Great to have all this on mobile and save the hassel of taking the wallet and cards.. one thing have to take note for all, phone’s battery cannot go flat... maybe that’s why buses start to implement USB charging ports onboard...
Mach3.2 likes this.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:22 PM   #2561

I also had some issues with the iphone x, although I managed to eventually enroll it (according to the Aunty). I think it's a combination of the cheap nfc pad they are using and iphone x's weird nfc placement for me at least. I've had some issues paying for stuff at a particular toast box using my iPhone x.

Luckily I registered my apple watch too, which I'll be using mainly anyway.

Not sure whether is due to iOS 11.4 Beta, or the SMRT aunty staff don’t know the steps or that NFC reader cock up.

Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:27 PM   #2562
Master Member

I also had some issues with the iphone x, although I managed to eventually enroll it (according to the Aunty). I think it's a combination of the cheap nfc pad they are using and iphone x's weird nfc placement for me at least. I've had some issues paying for stuff at a particular toast box using my iPhone x.

Luckily I registered my apple watch too, which I'll be using mainly anyway.
Where's the NFC chip situated at on the iPhone X huh?
Old 07-04-2018, 12:47 PM   #2563
Arch-Supremacy Member

How to register your Apple Watch for this ABT??
Old 07-04-2018, 01:19 PM   #2564
Supremacy Member

I tap o the top edge no issue when in japan using su ica or locally in SG
Think same a Iphone 7 And ip6 and SE it on the top not the middle part

kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:28 PM   #2565

It's at the top of the phone

How to register your Apple Watch for this ABT??
Read the first post.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.