HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2018, 10:16 AM   #2611
Supremacy Member

I don't think anybody will be able to give you a confirmed answer here... Seems like most of us who have been commenting here have been using their mastercard as a transit payment option for almost a year, so you may be the guinea pig to test it out haha
Yah, may be my own mis-doings as well, i.e. when they launch ABT previously I didnít care much for it because to me itís still physically tapping a card(hence I didnít sign up). Iím only interested in this new one because it means I no longer need to bring my physical card anymore.
ralliart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:25 AM   #2612

Oh I think it was the right decision for most people not to switch yet. If you already have giro set up then using one card over another doesn't make sense, whereas for me not having to top up my flashpay was so convenient. Doesn't hurt for you to try registering now, although may have complications since it's still in a trial period.

Yah, may be my own mis-doings as well, i.e. when they launch ABT previously I didn’t care much for it because to me it’s still physically tapping a card(hence I didn’t sign up). I’m only interested in this new one because it means I no longer need to bring my physical card anymore.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:44 AM   #2613
Arch-Supremacy Member

From what I've gathered, the mode selection is only for the physical scanning. You can have the card registered on portal but you still can have the freedom to use cepas mode or bank card mode.

So practically speaking, withOUT my MasterCard being actually converted to “bank card usage”, I can actually head down to the TransitLink office to bind the same virtual MasterCard to my ABT account & succeed?
Old 09-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #2614

those registered ABT mobile on friday, when are u going to start tapping?
Old 09-04-2018, 12:01 PM   #2615

Friday I'll try. That would be considered like 5/6 working days since last week, and hopefully should be safe enough.

Previous poster tried after 5 days and had issue when transiting over to different mrt lines. I don't think my itchy finger is worth paying full mrt fare haha

Old 09-04-2018, 12:20 PM   #2616
Supremacy Member

Just activated at City Hall. Next week can sell my EZ Charm already!
ngsoonle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:33 PM   #2617
Supremacy Member

Just got my done at CityHall TransitLink office. Experience is extremely superior to BV office, i.e. I havenít say finish ďI want to register...Ē the staff take out the reader. I didnít show her the poster.
ralliart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:56 PM   #2618
Master Member

I registered on Fri. And I just tried tapping on a bus. The Ezlink reader indicated that my bank card is not supported. In Google Pay app, it shows "Public Transport" with the transaction in "pending" status.
kEvinErd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:06 PM   #2619

Registered on Fri too at BV using my x.

Will start trying on this friday as well.

Suay that my watch screen cracked on last Monday. Else, I will register with AW as well.

But one qns, those reg with AW, u wearing ur watch on left or right wrist?
VodkaPear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:07 PM   #2620

Left wrist. Which is going to make tapping in on mrt a bit troublesome, but still better than having to take out my wallet hah

Suay that my watch screen cracked on last monday. Else, i will register with AW as well.

But one qns, those reg with AW, u wearing ur watch on left or right wrist
Old 09-04-2018, 01:27 PM   #2621
Master Member

How does it work for commuters with concession? Like old folks or school kids?
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:30 PM   #2622

Suay that my watch screen cracked on last Monday. Else, I will register with AW as well.

But one qns, those reg with AW, u wearing ur watch on left or right wrist?
Left wrist for me too. I find I have to turn my left shoulder quite a bit to angle the watch face (series 2) towards the fare gate reader. Quite a few times misjudged the distance and ended up whacking the screen on the reader :-(
tanandy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:45 PM   #2623
Arch-Supremacy Member

do we need to double click home button to launch apple pay before tapping in?
KeYoKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:49 PM   #2624

Technically you don't need, but it'll be faster if you double click and authenticate your fingerprint first so you don't waste time waiting for your phone to be scanned.

Was using apple pay when I was in London and it was better to do this way.

do we need to double click home button to launch apple pay before tapping in?
Old 09-04-2018, 02:12 PM   #2625

Left wrist. Which is going to make tapping in on mrt a bit troublesome, but still better than having to take out my wallet hah
Left wrist for me too. I find I have to turn my left shoulder quite a bit to angle the watch face (series 2) towards the fare gate reader. Quite a few times misjudged the distance and ended up whacking the screen on the reader :-(
Ya I am wearing on left wrist too. Like the movement of tapping with watch not that smooth.

Miss wearing AW but feel that no point getting s3 as s4 is coming this sep.

No matter wat, taking out phone to tap is better than taking my wallet out from bag to tap. (sometime will crash with other cards too).
So, hopefully this fri try with phone will be smooth. Haha
VodkaPear is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.