HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2018, 12:34 PM   #2716

Hahaha people behind you sure pekchek if the watch is like that. I think I'll use my iPhone then...
u haven't used apple watch?
Old 11-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #2717

Oh no i have already. Just that if apple watch is so troublesome I might just use my phone instead then.

u haven't used apple watch?
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:42 PM   #2718

Tried using ytd on bus with my iPhone, first time didn’t work cuz didn’t turn off battery-saving mode, second time turn off alr worked like a charm.

I’d say the scan timing is the same as ez-link, if not abit faster cuz sometimes you need to wave the card around abit when the reader can’t detect the ez-link card whereas phone will always get picked up so long it’s in contact with the reader
fitzerspaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:45 PM   #2719
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tried using ytd on bus with my iPhone, first time didnít work cuz didnít turn off battery-saving mode, second time turn off alr worked like a charm.

Iíd say the scan timing is the same as ez-link, if not abit faster cuz sometimes you need to wave the card around abit when the reader canít detect the ez-link card whereas phone will always get picked up so long itís in contact with the reader
need to launch apple pay before u can pay right? cannot do so by just tapping the phone right?
KeYoKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:03 PM   #2720

Use iphone x to tap in. Fail to tap out using phone. but i can use physical card to tap out! So i think is workable if it the same card, whether you use phone or the physcial card
JustHaveALittleFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:10 PM   #2721

Happen to previous poster already, but you might end up with missing exit reflected on your ABT history and with extra charges. Better to to and check have it highlighted.

Use iphone x to tap in. Fail to tap out using phone. but i can use physical card to tap out! So i think is workable if it the same card, whether you use phone or the physcial card
Old 11-04-2018, 01:12 PM   #2722

You can just tap, but the phone will take a second to authenticate your fingerprint or face. This extra time may annoy people so better to adjust press in advance.

need to launch apple pay before u can pay right? cannot do so by just tapping the phone right?
Old 11-04-2018, 01:15 PM   #2723

Yeah for me I open up Apple Pay and authenticate first before scanning, so I don’t have to suffer delay issues

You can just tap, but the phone will take a second to authenticate your fingerprint or face. This extra time may annoy people so better to adjust press in advance.
fitzerspaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:42 PM   #2724

Alright! Will check the statement tml and update

Happen to previous poster already, but you might end up with missing exit reflected on your ABT history and with extra charges. Better to to and check have it highlighted.
JustHaveALittleFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:49 PM   #2725

yeah... i also found that watch is quite difficult. i think the watch face needs to touch the reader as the nfc is weak.
maybe use phone is easier.
ya same experience. I use watch I got a missing exit cos the watch showed done but the reader didn't react but phone wise so far so good speed is about the same as the physical card tapping
Chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:59 PM   #2726

ya same experience. I use watch I got a missing exit cos the watch showed done but the reader didn't react but phone wise so far so good speed is about the same as the physical card tapping
use watch confirm will jam the queue... cannot everyday use watch.
u can still see the status on the watch? i can't see the watch screen and can't feel the vibration too... lol. can only depend on the gantry screen.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:14 PM   #2727

Issue for me is that my mastercard is not my main card, so I rather use apple watch for transport and phone for purchases and I can set the default card accordingly.

Hopefully when Visa cards are accepted for ABT in June it is also extended to visa cards on apple pay.

use watch confirm will jam the queue... cannot everyday use watch.
u can still see the status on the watch? i can't see the watch screen and can't feel the vibration too... lol. can only depend on the gantry screen.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:33 PM   #2728
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not literally do the slow mo guys.. lol. I see if I can take a video of it soon..
Old 11-04-2018, 02:34 PM   #2729
Arch-Supremacy Member

You will incur charges on 2 different cards..

Abt faq has mentioned that the backend calculation is not done immediately like cepas card. So any paypass card can tap in and tap out, but will incur missing entry or exit..

Alright! Will check the statement tml and update
Old 11-04-2018, 05:59 PM   #2730
Great Supremacy Member

Just tried with my iPhone 7+, tap centre will kena error/won't read the phone. Offset the phone a little towards the sides of the pad should be ok. Tried 2-3 times during the entry, only 1 try for the exit.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.