 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Slavor

Reaction score
Haha then I can conclusively say that’s not the case. I’ve had this card thing happened to me twice and I definitely do not use the same gantry everyday.

Another saying goes that it is 1,024 taps on a single unique reader, which might be possible if you enter or exit from the same MRT/LRT fare gate, or take the same bus trip and use the same reader everyday (most SBST and SMRT buses use the same bus for the same trips on the weekdays). We shall see.

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Haha then I can conclusively say that’s not the case. I’ve had this card thing happened to me twice and I definitely do not use the same gantry everyday.
Then we are in for trouble :s13:

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh? Short of any announcement that EZ link is changing their standards, I don’t see why Apple Pay would accept ez link?

LOL Wtf dude? You don't understand the whole point of the last week of discussions?

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Hihi, can I ask a quick question on this ABT or SimpleGO. From readup, it seem to be payment of MRT/Buses using mobile devices.

How's it different from NFC sim payment introduce since 2016/2017? Both tap with mobile phone and with its underlying card correct?

SimplyGo is to use Apple Pay (credit/debit cards) to pay for bus/mrt. fares are charged to your credit card bill.
EZLINK NFC SIM is to have ezlink function on your SIM card. u put ur special ezlink sim card on android phone, then use phone's nfc to send signal. it is still ezlink prepaid card so u need to top up.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
anyone using visa card ABT trial now?
so visa trial is only for physical card, not available for apple pay yet rite? lol.

Slavor

Reaction score
Lol. I think you are the one that doesn’t understand the whole point of last week’s discussion.

The SimplyGo announcement is regarding the usage of bank cards like credit and debit cards on public transport. It also happens that we can also use Apple Pay (with the appropriate bank cards loaded on it) for public transport too.

Since when did Apple announce that they are allowing ez link to be added in Apple Pay?

LOL Wtf dude? You don't understand the whole point of the last week of discussions?

Fallenstar3d

Reaction score
Lol. I think you are the one that doesn’t understand the whole point of last week’s discussion.

The SimplyGo announcement is regarding the usage of bank cards like credit and debit cards on public transport. It also happens that we can also use Apple Pay (with the appropriate bank cards loaded on it) for public transport too.

Since when did Apple announce that they are allowing ez link to be added in Apple Pay?

Chill bro, that’s what I meant. I wanna use the credit card on my Apple Pay to pay for my EZ-Link usage. Hope it’s clear enough. Lol

Slavor

Reaction score
Not blaming you eh, I thought you might have come across some news saying Apple is adding ez link to Apple wallet.

Chill bro, that’s what I meant. I wanna use the credit card on my Apple Pay to pay for my EZ-Link usage. Hope it’s clear enough. Lol

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
I am hoping all devices can be recognised as one, and can be used interchangeably. This way, my physical card will be on standby in my wallet. By default will tap using Apple Watch. If got error, then immediately pull out wallet to tap before other “friendly” commuters behind me start to make noise.

i remember from our previous discussion and feedback in this thread during mobile ABT trial, if u r not able to tap out with apple pay, u can still tap out with ur physical mastercard. just that u will get "missing entry/exit" for the transaction. then u can click "file claim" at the portal to get refund.
this is unlike ezlink/flashpay/cepas where in and out must tally, else u will get red light.

so actually linking all mobile devices with same physical card can be done at the backend. they just need to link up all "missing entry/exit" and merged the transaction. i have commented about this last time, not sure if they have implemented this or not.

EroNasubi

Reaction score
Let’s hope that they really enhance the backend to detect this.

i remember from our previous discussion and feedback in this thread during mobile ABT trial, if u r not able to tap out with apple pay, u can still tap out with ur physical mastercard. just that u will get "missing entry/exit" for the transaction. then u can click "file claim" at the portal to get refund.
this is unlike ezlink/flashpay/cepas where in and out must tally, else u will get red light.

so actually linking all mobile devices with same physical card can be done at the backend. they just need to link up all "missing entry/exit" and merged the transaction. i have commented about this last time, not sure if they have implemented this or not.

shadilol

Reaction score
Got invited to the VISA trial using my ntuc plus debit. Let see if Apple Pay works. And when is linkpoint going to support Apple Pay...

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score

I kena 1 time liao. jus recently replace my posb everyday.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.