HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2018, 06:17 PM   #2731
Arch-Supremacy Member

Assumingly you're tapping on the top of the phone but not the Apple logo side, then ideal you shouldn't go all the way to slap your phone against the reader. Maintain a short distance away will help with the handshake.

Just tried with my iPhone 7+, tap centre will kena error/won't read the phone. Offset the phone a little towards the sides of the pad should be ok. Tried 2-3 times during the entry, only 1 try for the exit.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:30 PM   #2732
Great Supremacy Member

Assumingly you're tapping on the top of the phone but not the Apple logo side, then ideal you shouldn't go all the way to slap your phone against the reader. Maintain a short distance away will help with the handshake.

Yup, I was tapping using the top of my phone. Will try to leave a bit of gap the next time, probably why my first few attempts failed.

Last edited by Mach3.2; 11-04-2018 at 06:32 PM..
Mach3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:39 PM   #2733

Registered on Friday and I’ve just tried it on my iPhone on a bus today. Works like a charm! Though I haven’t tried like a hybrid (MRT + bus) ride.

There wouldn’t be any transactions recorded in the Apple Pay wallet but just the usually tick that a transaction is successful.
The transaction with the Virtual Device logo.

tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:50 PM   #2734

I am still trying to find the best way to tap using the Apple watch. My entry today during peak hour failed at first, so paiseh.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #2735

Just boarded my bus ride with Apple Pay on my watch.
PetPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:24 PM   #2736
Supremacy Member

Hmm I try testing on the Top up machine it says bank card supported but when I tried on bus (remote control style) like nothing happened.
athenodorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:27 PM   #2737

Weird. Today evening board bus at Yishun, fail again.

Morning have no issue on lrt/mrt and another bus service.

LOL.
VodkaPear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:38 PM   #2738
Master Member

Registered Monday evening but today still cannot use. It writes “Bank Card not supported”
thenakedshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:38 PM   #2739

Hmm I try testing on the Top up machine it says bank card supported but when I tried on bus (remote control style) like nothing happened.
same happen to me but at exit....no error or whatsoever

entry no problem, but exit i tried twice at 1 terminal nothing happen, then i switch to another terminal....then success......some hiccup.....
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:43 PM   #2740
Supremacy Member

same happen to me but at exit....no error or whatsoever

entry no problem, but exit i tried twice at 1 terminal nothing happen, then i switch to another terminal....then success......some hiccup.....
Lol I didn’t try again after initial attempt cos behind got ppl. Paiseh to block them for this. Tmr no ppl den try again.
athenodorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:50 PM   #2741
Arch-Supremacy Member

Must get used to the usage. Cannot scare drag the queue behind then don't use.. lol

Lol I didn’t try again after initial attempt cos behind got ppl. Paiseh to block them for this. Tmr no ppl den try again.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:18 PM   #2742

i try before the bus stop but the terminal "open" for tap.....about 10-15s to try.....of course you have to be first at the terminal, or at least near enough to try.
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:09 PM   #2743
Great Supremacy Member

Must get used to the usage. Cannot scare drag the queue behind then don't use.. lol

That true, but if people have difficulty getting it right, that's a fail on LTA's part imo. People will just gravitate back to what works.

Also, does anyone know where can we submit feedback for this ABT trial?
Old 11-04-2018, 10:15 PM   #2744

That true, but if people have difficulty getting it right, that's a fail on LTA's part imo. People will just gravitate back to what works.

cannot like that say LTA's fail, so many devices, so many different casing on their devices. and so many patterns from users that dunno where their antenna bands are. how to control that? its like peeing, so many people peeing for decades, urinal basin area always got urine stains.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:15 PM   #2745

https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/eFeedback

It's the trial period, so things might be moving slightly slower.
Also, I noticed that they have been upgrading the MRT gantries in the recent weeks. I'm not sure if has improved hardware for these mobile devices.

cannot like that say LTA's fail, so many devices, so many different casing on their devices. and so many patterns from users that dunno where their antenna bands are. how to control that? its like peeing, so many people peeing for decades, urinal basin area always got urine stains.
Mach3.2 likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.