HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 06:42 PM   #2776
Arch-Supremacy Member

That's good for you..

Btw train services are a bit tricky. Cos downtown and circle lines are operating on different level of software interfaces. So it works on NSL/EWL, might not work for CCL/DTL..

Registered on Sunday and started using today. Seems to work fine for the buses and train I took.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:18 PM   #2777
Supremacy Member

Ya no express transit like Suica is not user friendly yet those can’t accept it just wait till it’s official

I for one rather wait as I used Suica version can’t really accept this beta test yet I was on the beta test on the EZ-Link Card before it works ok but this one I bet EZ-Link or train and bus operator neee much more time if only they start much early and adopt a much easy to implement system like the japan Suica version but well time will tell how Long they wil take to push for this

Plus the so call cashsless system still zzzzz and I still see diff company pushing for their own system in the WOrk in process mode or coming soon like the star pay

I dropped a feedback to ABT mobile section, they clarified that they need time to update their system during the trial period.

What happens is that once your virtual cards are registered, they will need to input into the system which in terms spread to bus/mrt. both are running differently to cepas cards.

so only after 7 working days, then can successfully use the virtual cards on mrt/bus. some people can use on mrt but not buses yet cos of this.

also regarding samsung pay, though i know this is an apple forum, will also be able to add into the wallet only after 7 working days.

For apple pay, there is no express transit like suica until further notice..
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:26 PM   #2778

Huh. Sorry I catch no ball.

Ya no express transit like Suica is not user friendly yet those can’t accept it just wait till it’s official

I for one rather wait as I used Suica version can’t really accept this beta test yet I was on the beta test on the EZ-Link Card before it works ok but this one I bet EZ-Link or train and bus operator neee much more time if only they start much early and adopt a much easy to implement system like the japan Suica version but well time will tell how Long they wil take to push for this

Plus the so call cashsless system still zzzzz and I still see diff company pushing for their own system in the WOrk in process mode or coming soon like the star pay

Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:53 PM   #2779
Arch-Supremacy Member

On the contrary, Samsung pay will have suica style, tap and go. I'm waiting for my mobile wallet to fully setup and ull update on this..

Old 12-04-2018, 09:00 PM   #2780

Finally the bus service that unable to detect, works today.

However, while tapping out from mrt. The gantry can't detect and it failed me twice.
Starting to sweat as I realised I jam up the whole Q (Peak hr).
So decided to step away, re-activate  pay and try again.

If u guys kena the same situation, what will u do?
I noticed a fast way to re-enable the apple pay is to touch the bottom where ur other cards combined tgt and select back the card again.
VodkaPear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:13 PM   #2781

Ya.. everything Japan and suica the best la.
chinnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:21 PM   #2782

On the contrary, Samsung pay will have suica style, tap and go. I'm waiting for my mobile wallet to fully setup and ull update on this..
but suica style also means it's a prepaid transit card (ezlink/flashpay) with top ups, without touch/face id.
so samsung pay can add both prepaid and credit cards as transit cards? what if u accidentally tap transit credit card at merchant?
Old 12-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #2783

However, while tapping out from mrt. The gantry can't detect and it failed me twice.

I noticed a fast way to re-enable the apple pay is to touch the bottom where ur other cards combined tgt and select back the card again.
same happen to me, but at the bus....i position my watch at the most optimum position(for most of my payment), yet nothing happen, no error message or anything......then i switch to different exit terminal, odd hand position higher success rate - -"

2nd day trial....both also got some hiccup.
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:35 PM   #2784
Master Member

but suica style also means it's a prepaid transit card (ezlink/flashpay) with top ups, without touch/face id.
so samsung pay can add both prepaid and credit cards as transit cards? what if u accidentally tap transit credit card at merchant?
I'm just curious - if you can charge directly to a credit card, why would you still want to top-up a prepaid card in fixed denominations like EzLink/NETS Flashpay cards do? The need to regularly top up a prepaid card, and in fixed denominations no less, makes it very inconvenient, when compared to charging directly to the credit card, isn't it?
kEvinErd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:40 PM   #2785

You can double press the side button to also ‘re-activate’ the Apple Pay mode.

But your method there is good too.

Just in case if it fails, I would usually try at the most corner or side of the gantries. Cause usually you can straightaway shift and wait at the side to ‘configure’ again before trying to tap again.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:43 PM   #2786

tap the current (top) card also can. this is same as using non-default card for apple pay.
for apple watch, just swipe left right like selecting other cards.

jamming up q during peak hrs is the most worrying thing using mobile abt.
i find that if u tap the phone/watch on the reader without moving, there is a high chance the reader can't detect, need to move the device a bit.
most of the time when i first tap, wait 1-2 sec no response, then when i'm thinking of re-tap and move the phone/watch a bit, immediately got tick.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:51 PM   #2787

I'm just curious - if you can charge directly to a credit card, why would you still want to top-up a prepaid card in fixed denominations like EzLink/NETS Flashpay cards do? The need to regularly top up a prepaid card, and in fixed denominations no less, makes it very inconvenient, when compared to charging directly to the credit card, isn't it?
yes i prefer cc for apple pay.
dunno why kenchi keep wanting suica and prepaid cards and top ups.

i'm quite happy with the current apple watch implementation. (assume after the closed trial, GTM machine can be used for the registration)
just need to find out how to tap the watch efficiently with high successful rate, most importantly without jamming up the queue.
because during peak hrs, ppl using physical cards can clear the gate as fast as 3p/sec. that's what i saw during the 1st day using mobile abt. lol.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:54 PM   #2788
Arch-Supremacy Member

Suica is a prepaid card system on Sony felica I believe. But I don't mean that prepaid card can be added.

Currently on mobile payment platform, only nfc ezlink card and MasterCard are supported.

There are methods to prevent both from clashing, refer to faq for details.

Unlike Apple pay, Samsung pay is said to be easier once transport card is set, cos it doesn't require authentication and should work like nfc ezlink. Haven't test out this feature yet but was already documented on faq since March 2018 update.

Since this is an apple pay thread, I won't be sharing much on Samsung pay but will share it in Samsung forums once trial is open to public..

Old 12-04-2018, 09:56 PM   #2789
Arch-Supremacy Member

You tapped face down towards the reader hor?

Apple watch is designed to have all cellular signal, including Bluetooth Wi-Fi and nfc antenna emitting out from watch glass screen. The chassis itself is an insulator for radio signal.

yes i prefer cc for apple pay.
dunno why kenchi keep wanting suica and prepaid cards and top ups.

i'm quite happy with the current apple watch implementation. (assume after the closed trial, GTM machine can be used for the registration)
just need to find out how to tap the watch efficiently with high successful rate, most importantly without jamming up the queue.
because during peak hrs, ppl using physical cards can clear the gate as fast as 3p/sec. that's what i saw during the 1st day using mobile abt. lol.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:58 PM   #2790

same happen to me, but at the bus....i position my watch at the most optimum position(for most of my payment), yet nothing happen, no error message or anything......then i switch to different exit terminal, odd hand position higher success rate - -"

2nd day trial....both also got some hiccup.
yeah i also found that u can't tap at one fixed position. need to move around.
after u tap at point 1, no or slow response, then move to point 2, immediately get a tick.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.