HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #2791

I got this experience tapping out on the bus. The exact same reader which I used to tap in couldn't detect my card for the tap out. After 10 seconds of trying I just went out without tapping anything. Too paiseh haha

Finally the bus service that unable to detect, works today.

However, while tapping out from mrt. The gantry can't detect and it failed me twice.
Starting to sweat as I realised I jam up the whole Q (Peak hr).
So decided to step away, re-activate  pay and try again.

If u guys kena the same situation, what will u do?
I noticed a fast way to re-enable the apple pay is to touch the bottom where ur other cards combined tgt and select back the card again.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:04 PM   #2792

You tapped face down towards the reader hor?

Apple watch is designed to have all cellular signal, including Bluetooth Wi-Fi and nfc antenna emitting out from watch glass screen. The chassis itself is an insulator for radio signal.
i rmb u said u tap your watch with a circular motion. seems like tally with my findings. need to move the mobile device around.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:04 PM   #2793

Will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

Although I'm still trying to find out the least awkward way of tapping the gantry on the right with my left wrist...

i rmb u said u tap your watch with a circular motion. seems like tally with my findings. need to move the mobile device around.

Last edited by Slavor; 12-04-2018 at 10:07 PM..
Old 12-04-2018, 10:05 PM   #2794

yeah i also found that u can't tap at one fixed position. need to move around.
after u tap at point 1, no or slow response, then move to point 2, immediately get a tick.

i do notice i moved around abit...not by me or much....moved by the bus coz the bus still moving hahaha...

but at last moment when i give up i move my watch to different exit terminal, i do get, failed error on the first, error like not tap long enough....

i will try your method......regardless i get a beep or not...
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:59 PM   #2795
Supremacy Member

Oh so the tap and go trial on android not in the beta ? Thought android already can use the nfc sim

So it’s not only applies to Samsung pay only ?

Suica is a prepaid card system on Sony felica I believe. But I don't mean that prepaid card can be added.

Currently on mobile payment platform, only nfc ezlink card and MasterCard are supported.

There are methods to prevent both from clashing, refer to faq for details.

Unlike Apple pay, Samsung pay is said to be easier once transport card is set, cos it doesn't require authentication and should work like nfc ezlink. Haven't test out this feature yet but was already documented on faq since March 2018 update.

Since this is an apple pay thread, I won't be sharing much on Samsung pay but will share it in Samsung forums once trial is open to public..

kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:00 PM   #2796
Master Member

That's good for you..

Btw train services are a bit tricky. Cos downtown and circle lines are operating on different level of software interfaces. So it works on NSL/EWL, might not work for CCL/DTL..

Just tried tapping in at Stadium and exit at Dakota. Works flawlessly!
thenakedshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:10 PM   #2797

Just to check, after I register at the counter, do I still need to do anything on the abt website?
xKeithx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:10 PM   #2798
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh so the tap and go trial on android not in the beta ? Thought android already can use the nfc sim

So it’s not only applies to Samsung pay only ?

nfc sim is a whole different thing from mobile payment for transit.

lets not go into that here, later confuse more people..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:11 PM   #2799

Just to check, after I register at the counter, do I still need to do anything on the abt website?
None. Just wait 7 business days
PetPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:18 PM   #2800

Just to check, does the pre-authorisation fee apply separately for bus and mrt network? Cuz I got earmarked $0.10 twice and both times corresponding to my first Apple Pay use on bus and mrt on separate days
fitzerspaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:43 PM   #2801
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just to check, does the pre-authorisation fee apply separately for bus and mrt network? Cuz I got earmarked $0.10 twice and both times corresponding to my first Apple Pay use on bus and mrt on separate days
from my usage, it was only earmarked once on each device. Example, watch once, phone once and thats it.

the money will not be billed to you but will be released...
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 02:01 AM   #2802

None. Just wait 7 business days
ok, thanks
xKeithx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 07:02 AM   #2803

Just tried, When tap on bus, my Apple Pay read on bus and wallet show the transaction, but the bus reader never say bank card usage. I am not sure so I tap with my physical card again on bus entry reader then use card to tap for alight.

Walk to MRT Station, tap using iPhone X with mobile ABT, gantry open, show “Bank Card Usage”, works on train, not sure on SBS/SMRT public bus because it never say anything.

Last edited by Fellowes; 13-04-2018 at 08:52 AM..
Fellowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 08:27 AM   #2804

Tried on a bus today and it didn't detect on both the readers at all, not even bank card not supported. To be fair it hasn't been 7 working days yet but I really hope it's due to the system not updated yet rather than it being hard to detect my watch.
Old 13-04-2018, 08:31 AM   #2805

Tried on a bus today and it didn't detect on both the readers at all, not even bank card not supported. To be fair it hasn't been 7 working days yet but I really hope it's due to the system not updated yet rather than it being hard to detect my watch.
Same thing happen to me.... Do circular motion on the watch, not working, cannot switch reader because got a metal thing separating me

Tried my original abt MasterCard 3 times all failed.

Regardless of whether it is 7 days or not.... My original abt MasterCard should work
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.