Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2018, 04:09 PM   #2836

Wrong thread lol

Hi everyone,

I need help on my macbook air.
I had windows installed previously and now the c: is always full affecting my work.
Can any kind soul assist?
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 04:22 PM   #2837

I agree with your method, I've just tried this and I think it'll be the most reliable way to scan the phone and yet protecting your phone. It feels as fast as using the physical card.

i have to tap my gear on the reader, floating/hovering is not consistent.....fail/no respond more frequent.

tap on the reader give me more smooth and consistent tap/read....the way i do it is, find the peak signal point, for my case is 11 o clock to 12 clock position, i tap my Gear S3 corner at 11 o clock, then lift the rest about 30-45 degree up from the reader....that way you have range of no gap to gap of 3-4cm tapping on the reader

phone should be very easy, just grab your phone while few finger behind the phone, that finger would serve as a stop gap for you to tap on the reader, you would then have consistent gap of your desire....
Old 15-04-2018, 04:37 PM   #2838

On the other hand, Citi Pay with Points on Samsung Pay available in Southeast Asia and Oceania.

Despite Citibank USA supporting Apple Pay, over here for SEA region, they refuse until today.

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech...ia-and-oceania
Fellowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 05:21 PM   #2839
Greater Supremacy Member

On the other hand, Citi Pay with Points on Samsung Pay available in Southeast Asia and Oceania.

Despite Citibank USA supporting Apple Pay, over here for SEA region, they refuse until today.

strings are being pulled behind the scenes. i guess.

so glad i moved on from Citibank.
Old 15-04-2018, 07:22 PM   #2840
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tried tapping with my Apple Watch today at MRT gantry, no respond.
Old 15-04-2018, 07:47 PM   #2841

Tried tapping with my Apple Watch today at MRT gantry, no respond.
hahaha... apple watch ABT is really giving us very bad user experience.
don't dare to use anymore...

the apple pay ABT backend is working well. just that the frontend i.e. the readers... failed. maybe they should just mount a credit card terminal on top of the mrt gantry like the GTM machine. the GTM's cc terminal can tap apple watch fast and easily, and with arm rest.
Snoweagle and Mach3.2 like this.
Old 15-04-2018, 08:40 PM   #2842

Got my X registered last Monday at City Hall without much hassle. Out of curiosity and tried it ytd while boarding bus on two seperate occasion, and it works flawlessly!
converse2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 08:44 PM   #2843
Arch-Supremacy Member

hahaha... apple watch ABT is really giving us very bad user experience.
don't dare to use anymore...

the apple pay ABT backend is working well. just that the frontend i.e. the readers... failed. maybe they should just mount a credit card terminal on top of the mrt gantry like the GTM machine. the GTM's cc terminal can tap apple watch fast and easily, and with arm rest.
Is there any way to check if the Apple Watch ABT is active or working via the GTM? Just place on top of reader?
Old 15-04-2018, 08:55 PM   #2844
Supremacy Member

Not surprised
Look At others cards offer much better deal too now a days and support apple pay

strings are being pulled behind the scenes. i guess.

so glad i moved on from Citibank.

Citi support android pay lor beside samsung pay lor

TrueBeliever_jh likes this.

Last edited by PetPet; 15-04-2018 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: double post
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 09:03 PM   #2845
Great Supremacy Member

Is there any way to check if the Apple Watch ABT is active or working via the GTM? Just place on top of reader?
To know if your card is supported on the transit system (trains). Iím not sure about buses if youíre going to try out your  Pay before the 7 business days.

Go to the General Ticketing Machine, open up Apple Pay with the registered Card.

Once you have authenticated your card. Place it on the Card reader.

If itís activated itíll say Bank card supported.

Otherwise itíll say Bank Card not supported.
Old 15-04-2018, 09:28 PM   #2846

Tried with Apple Watch today and travelled two times on the train with 4x gantries access, so far no issue and its pretty fast.
cloudwane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 11:01 PM   #2847

Left hand Apple & Samsung watch wearers, any awkward issues tapping in on the right side at the MRT gantries?

Is Apple Watch faster to tap in than iPhone with Touch ID?

Apple Watch success or failures: Please share if your watch is Series 0, 1, 2 or 3. Maybe there's a difference!
dean_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 11:05 PM   #2848

Series 3, no issues with MRT Gantries.
For bus, so far. 1 Bus ride has failed me.
Old 15-04-2018, 11:22 PM   #2849

Apple watch series 0 on my left wrist, tomorrow officially is my 7th working day after registered last week Friday, so I'll give it a proper report after that.

But so far apple watch doesn't feel very smooth, could be the watch NFC not very strong and it really doesn't help that tapping right gantry on the left hand is very awkward.

Left hand Apple & Samsung watch wearers, any awkward issues tapping in on the right side at the MRT gantries?

Apple Watch success or failures: Please share if your watch is Series 0, 1, 2 or 3. Maybe there's a difference!
Old 15-04-2018, 11:34 PM   #2850

Just tried today with the Apple Watch Series 3, no issues so far except for the slower or unable to recognise the Apple Watch during certain attempts.

Kind of awkward putting your left wrist on the right to scan. Would definitely prefer using my iPhone whilst holding it on the right unless needed to use the Apple Watch to tap in/out.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.