HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2018, 12:52 PM   #2941

Do a live test.
Unfortunately it shows bank card not supported.
lawzhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 02:04 PM   #2942
Arch-Supremacy Member

Besides using GTM to check the readiness of our iPhone and Apple Watch, any other methods?

I just went BV yesterday to register both my devices. I suppose meanwhile till 7 working days later, I canít tell if my devices are registered successfully into their system?
you need at least 2-3 days for them to update their backend systems. when i registered @ city hall their laptop wasn't connected to the network so it could be that they sync in all details come end of day.

yesterday evening had to scan 2 times before gates open. first tap phone registered the entry but gate screen flash red. 2nd tap is almost instantaneous.
Montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 02:14 PM   #2943
Arch-Supremacy Member

can i add the same ABT card to both Apple Pay and Android Pay and use them alternatively?
xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 02:19 PM   #2944
Arch-Supremacy Member

can i add the same ABT card to both Apple Pay and Android Pay and use them alternatively?
you can do that but need to tap in / out on the same device
Montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 02:20 PM   #2945

you need at least 2-3 days for them to update their backend systems. when i registered @ city hall their laptop wasn't connected to the network so it could be that they sync in all details come end of day.

yesterday evening had to scan 2 times before gates open. first tap phone registered the entry but gate screen flash red. 2nd tap is almost instantaneous.
Alright! I will monitor. Thanks for sharing your experience.
lawzhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 05:43 PM   #2946
Supremacy Member

https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/Download/Important%20Notice.pdf
can register for both samsung pay and apple pay for the same set of mastercard registered to ABT?
Old 19-04-2018, 08:24 PM   #2947

Was looking forward to using that Samsung Pay transport card function.

Let's wait and see how they reply on this.
Nope not able to. Have brought this up directly to Samsung for advice. Still waiting for the team to get back to me..

Otherwise, manual activation of Samsung pay works well for me. Seldom get error already using phone, using watch will still get error sometimes..

cheng34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 09:26 PM   #2948
Supremacy Member

Registered at city hall this afternoon 4pm (met a couple bros there)

Worked when I tap in mrt at 6pm. My station has the "newer" gantry so I thought why not try.
Tap out boon Keng no issues.
Went dhoby for dinner also no issues.

COME BACK tap out mrt no problem.
Transfer to bus GG gone case.

So if your trips are purely mrt, go ahead and try. But I wasted money today playing around because I boarded the bus with my Ez link card.
shawniiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 09:28 PM   #2949

Went down to register at Buona Vista.
The staff there couldn’t register me as they were having problems getting the NFC.
Then I remember a bro here who said that NFC is located at the TOP portion of the phone. Scan it at 45 degree pointing towards the NFC reader and it works
ksksksks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 09:42 PM   #2950
Supremacy Member

Facing very consistent failure from readers on buses (be it the unit near the driverís console/away). Also experiencing significant lag when tapping at MRT gantries. So am probably gonna switch back to physical card.

The strange thing is that it was working reliably for me at the same bus services & train lines for a good few days. Itís like the readers collectively receive new firmware/bulk data to validate my card & hence failing...
ralliart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 09:55 PM   #2951

Facing very consistent failure from readers on buses (be it the unit near the driver’s console/away). Also experiencing significant lag when tapping at MRT gantries. So am probably gonna switch back to physical card.

The strange thing is that it was working reliably for me at the same bus services & train lines for a good few days. It’s like the readers collectively receive new firmware/bulk data to validate my card & hence failing...

your consistent failure is watch or phone

same happen to me...it was working quite smooth for few days then havoc thereafter....no matter what kind of position i change, lag or multiple tap to succeed.

Last edited by Dingding6; 19-04-2018 at 10:01 PM..
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 10:22 PM   #2952

Do I have to activate my card at the GTM first before I register my Apple device at Transitlink Office?
xaHshenGx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 10:31 PM   #2953
Supremacy Member

your consistent failure is watch or phone

same happen to me...it was working quite smooth for few days then havoc thereafter....no matter what kind of position i change, lag or multiple tap to succeed.
Phone. I donít have an Apple Watch.
ralliart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 10:35 PM   #2954
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't know about iPhone, but I have been using s9+ on transit nowadays and all work just fine. Maybe my s9+ has a larger nfc surface area than iPhone and thus able to be compatible with the current readers.

I honestly think the current readers are not optimised for watches and iPhone cos both have similar surface area of nfc field. Hopefully can overcome by firmware limitation.

But if the failure is due to user problem, then firmware cannot help le..

Phone. I don’t have an Apple Watch.
Old 19-04-2018, 11:12 PM   #2955
Supremacy Member

Don't know about iPhone, but I have been using s9+ on transit nowadays and all work just fine. Maybe my s9+ has a larger nfc surface area than iPhone and thus able to be compatible with the current readers.

I honestly think the current readers are not optimised for watches and iPhone cos both have similar surface area of nfc field. Hopefully can overcome by firmware limitation.

But if the failure is due to user problem, then firmware cannot help le..

NFC is one chip size no? Correct me if I am wrong
shawniiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.