HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2018, 07:46 AM   #2956
Supremacy Member

Facing very consistent failure from readers on buses (be it the unit near the driverís console/away). Also experiencing significant lag when tapping at MRT gantries. So am probably gonna switch back to physical card.

The strange thing is that it was working reliably for me at the same bus services & train lines for a good few days. Itís like the readers collectively receive new firmware/bulk data to validate my card & hence failing...
Siao liao...today I reverted to using physical card at bus & MRT readers...dunno whether psychological or what, there is lag in reading my real card as well. & furthermore Iím the sort that takes out the actual card from wallet & ensure the card is in full physical contact with the reader.

Iím now suspecting along the chain of detection, reading & validation, some new data component has been introduced that dramatically extends the process, be it physical or virtual card.
ralliart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 08:14 AM   #2957

Siao liao...today I reverted to using physical card at bus & MRT readers...dunno whether psychological or what, there is lag in reading my real card as well. & furthermore Iím the sort that takes out the actual card from wallet & ensure the card is in full physical contact with the reader.

Iím now suspecting along the chain of detection, reading & validation, some new data component has been introduced that dramatically extends the process, be it physical or virtual card.
You are using abt MasterCard? Maybe apply only to abt....I see people tap ezlink still smooth

How long is your lag? 2s++

Last edited by Dingding6; 20-04-2018 at 08:16 AM..
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 08:15 AM   #2958
Arch-Supremacy Member

can register for both samsung pay and apple pay for the same set of mastercard registered to ABT?
can. just need to use the same device for tap in/out
xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 08:16 AM   #2959
Master Member

So the casing of the phone plays a part with being detected on the reader.

Previously I was using synthesis case, no issue. Then I changed to solidsuit and had difficulties getting a read. Today changed back to Synthesis and the same bus reader can detect my phone almost instantly.
thenakedshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 08:18 AM   #2960
Arch-Supremacy Member

Registered at city hall this afternoon 4pm (met a couple bros there)

Worked when I tap in mrt at 6pm. My station has the "newer" gantry so I thought why not try.
Tap out boon Keng no issues.
Went dhoby for dinner also no issues.

COME BACK tap out mrt no problem.
Transfer to bus GG gone case.

So if your trips are purely mrt, go ahead and try. But I wasted money today playing around because I boarded the bus with my Ez link card.
i was there around 6ish.
the scanning was quite fast on the nfc reader during registration.
they sort of know the nfc location of iphone X and adjusted the top of my phone to the middle of the reader. i hear few successive beeps and the green light came on.

Then i went on to register my apple watch. i just lean it on the reader without touching it and could also hear the successive beeps and green light.

i did not try after that cos they told me need to wait 7 days

hahahaha
xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 08:47 AM   #2961

I registered mine on Monday evening after work. I ignore the waiting for 7 working days part, and have been trying to use my iphone ever since.
It is working since yesterday for both train and feeder bus, albeit a bit slower than physical card. Need to wait 2 - 3 seconds longer.
EroNasubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 08:51 AM   #2962
Supremacy Member

i registered my apple watch, iphone and note 8 at tampines last evening.
will try it out later.
have to say note 8 is harder to detect on the nfc reader at the transitlink office(need to try 2 times, 3rd times ok. maybe i didnt get the location right first two times). apple products are a breeze, one try!
Old 20-04-2018, 10:03 AM   #2963
Supremacy Member

You are using abt MasterCard? Maybe apply only to abt....I see people tap ezlink still smooth

How long is your lag? 2s++
Yes, youíre right: Iím using back the same MasterCard that Iíd registered for ABT. Its CEPAS function is already nullified.
ralliart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 11:19 AM   #2964

Yes, youíre right: Iím using back the same MasterCard that Iíd registered for ABT. Its CEPAS function is already nullified.
Is that card a cepas + mastercard card? Even if you enable ABT for that card, it'll still be slower as the reader will always read the CEPAS wallet, notice its set for ABT and than try again, selecting the EMV application this time.
matthew5025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 12:06 PM   #2965
Supremacy Member

i was there around 6ish.
the scanning was quite fast on the nfc reader during registration.
they sort of know the nfc location of iphone X and adjusted the top of my phone to the middle of the reader. i hear few successive beeps and the green light came on.

Then i went on to register my apple watch. i just lean it on the reader without touching it and could also hear the successive beeps and green light.

i did not try after that cos they told me need to wait 7 days

hahahaha
Yolo, don't be a conformist. LOL
shawniiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #2966

Mine works now. Less than 7 days. Tried on the mrt green line.
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #2967

Have been following this thread for the past 2 weeks, thanks to all for the info sharing.

I activate my iPhone last Friday at Tampines, just had my first trial today on bus. Boarding was smooth, but got to scan twice when alighting. Guess need to use more to find out the sweet spot...
thiamhui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 03:22 PM   #2968

Tried transit on Apple Pay with my iPhone X but not without hiccups,

1st on a bus, when the exit reader doesn't show bank card usage but the phone shows done. Had to repeat the process to get the exit reader to work.

2nd time was awkward, the reader simply refused to read the card and the phone showed "payment unsuccessful" or something like that.

Both buses were operated by SBS transit.

In addition, it seems like the bus fare readers takes quite a while to recognise the transaction. Relatively better on trains but buses seem to be problematic. Waited for 7 days before testing.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 04:38 PM   #2969

Bus really beh zai. Hit and miss. Entrance was ok. When i exited, 1st tap error, 2nd tap no response but phone shows done. 3rd tap error again. So has the payment gone thru ?

Last edited by manofsorrows; 20-04-2018 at 04:52 PM..
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 04:55 PM   #2970
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bus really beh zai. Hit and miss. Entrance was ok. When i exited, 1st tap error, 2nd tap no response but phone shows done. 3rd tap error again. So has the payment gone thru ?
Nope. Usually I will exit by the front if this happens.
coloumbiaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.