HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2018, 04:56 PM   #2971

Remember to claim on ABT portal if you miss your exit. I filed two claims so far...

Bus really beh zai. Hit and miss. Entrance was ok. When i exited, 1st tap error, 2nd tap no response but phone shows done. 3rd tap error again. So has the payment gone thru ?
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 05:37 PM   #2972
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have posted a small update on the Samsung pay for transit supporting tap and go in Samsung section forum.

I shall not mix with Apple pay section so that it won't confuse the users..
deathst likes this.
Old 20-04-2018, 06:07 PM   #2973
Supremacy Member

Decided to YOLO again today.

Also because no one else was hoarding the bus.

Tapped my pixel 2 registered just yesterday and succeeded.
Tap out also no problems.

I guess 7 days is truly playing it safe. Hahaha.
The bus tapping machine did look 'newer' though. Not sure how to explain it. When I saw it, i just felt like trying. LOL.
wilflare likes this.
shawniiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 09:29 AM   #2974

just sharing some of my experience.....

if you ever encounter no respond when tapping, card error very high chances the reader not able to read your phone/wearable nfc properly, either you pull out too fast before the reader can finish read....your device is too far/close .....you beam at the wrong spot, their nfc receiver coil is not very wide??......

conclusion is, it will show you something, wont be no respond.....even if your card is not fully/not registered....it will show you Bank card not supported.....yes, even show up in Bus card reader (my little mistake of using wrong card), not the MRT topup machine only...
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 11:39 AM   #2975

If there's contact with the reader but there's no response on the reader
Your  Pay will say that there's an error, telling you try again later.
Old 21-04-2018, 11:56 AM   #2976
Master Member

just sharing some of my experience.....

if you ever encounter no respond when tapping, card error very high chances the reader not able to read your phone/wearable nfc properly, either you pull out too fast before the reader can finish read....your device is too far/close .....you beam at the wrong spot, their nfc receiver coil is not very wide??......

conclusion is, it will show you something, wont be no respond.....even if your card is not fully/not registered....it will show you Bank card not supported.....yes, even show up in Bus card reader (my little mistake of using wrong card), not the MRT topup machine only...
Correct, there is a gap you need to maintain for Apple devices roughly 2-4 cm away from the reader. The top of the device for iPhones and the Watch at the sides. You cannot full contact the watch glass or iPhone against the reader it seems to not work properly.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 12:33 PM   #2977
Arch-Supremacy Member

Correct, there is a gap you need to maintain for Apple devices roughly 2-4 cm away from the reader. The top of the device for iPhones and the Watch at the sides. You cannot full contact the watch glass or iPhone against the reader it seems to not work properly.
yeah central touch to the reader doesn't help. if user decides to continue to kiss the reader, kiss the sides of the reader where the antenna of the reader is, centre part is hollow..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 01:23 PM   #2978

yeah central touch to the reader doesn't help. if user decides to continue to kiss the reader, kiss the sides of the reader where the antenna of the reader is, centre part is hollow..
does this apply to both train and bus??

i seems still have issue with train....bus on the reader side seems able to tap at a much faster rate....and higher success rate.....still have some payment completed but no respond.....especially when i am right hand wearer then exit on left reader.............need to try longer to know......

haiz...if only they make their reader like the topup machine in MRT....i float high in air also they can read....
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 02:13 PM   #2979

Haha the opposite is for me, train is okay but bus is very problematic...

does this apply to both train and bus??

i seems still have issue with train....bus on the reader side seems able to tap at a much faster rate....and higher success rate.....still have some payment completed but no respond.....especially when i am right hand wearer then exit on left reader.............need to try longer to know......

haiz...if only they make their reader like the topup machine in MRT....i float high in air also they can read....
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 05:16 PM   #2980

I think antenna for apple watch is also at the top part just like iPhone. According to ifixit

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 05:31 PM   #2981
Master Member

This is turning out to be a very irreliable service. Even upon Day 7 itís still hit and miss, not because the card canít be detected, but it gives a card error. And this experience varies by reader to reader.

You probably need to wait for more than 7 days for your card to be registered across the transport network.
SNAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #2982

Is it really registration problem or the reader problem ?

This is turning out to be a very irreliable service. Even upon Day 7 it’s still hit and miss, not because the card can’t be detected, but it gives a card error. And this experience varies by reader to reader.

You probably need to wait for more than 7 days for your card to be registered across the transport network.
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 07:48 PM   #2983

For Android mainly ? Never see listed for Iphone model ?
Windowlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 07:51 PM   #2984
Arch-Supremacy Member

IPhone is supported..

For Android mainly ? Never see listed for Iphone model ?
Old 21-04-2018, 08:13 PM   #2985

Newbie 😀
It is this link as below:
https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/
Windowlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.