HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2018, 08:15 PM   #3031

Don't have leh... Did you receive money from someone via apple pay cash?

I got an Apple Pay Cash card in my wallet, and options to pay people in contacts and iMessage. Anyone else the same?

Region has always been set to Singapore btw.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 08:31 PM   #3032

nope just you
I don't see it.
Yeah, when I tried to set it up it states that I have to verify my identity in accordance to US financial regulations. Weird.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 08:39 PM   #3033

Don't think they'll set up in Singapore anytime soon. Unlike US, our banks have settled on a common standard (I.e. FAST), so having apple pay is a bit redundant.

Yeah, when I tried to set it up it states that I have to verify my identity in accordance to US financial regulations. Weird.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 09:46 PM   #3034

Don't think they'll set up in Singapore anytime soon. Unlike US, our banks have settled on a common standard (I.e. FAST), so having apple pay is a bit redundant.
Really surprised to see it in my wallet. Did a restore with Apple Support cos my iPhone was having a bit of issues, then when I wanted to add my cc to Apple Pay I saw the cash card inside. Region is still Singapore.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 10:46 PM   #3035
High Supremacy Member

Battery saving mode means cannot use apple pay...

Anyway I misjudged it, it lasted that one hour 😂
Oh, I did not know the watch power saving mode cannot use Apple Pay.
Old 24-04-2018, 10:47 PM   #3036
High Supremacy Member

I got an Apple Pay Cash card in my wallet, and options to pay people in contacts and iMessage. Anyone else the same?

Region has always been set to Singapore btw.
I do not see it.
Old 24-04-2018, 11:10 PM   #3037

I saw it in my Wallet, iOS 11.4 btw....
But I seriously don’t see any use for it unless can convert to iTunes Store credit

I do not see it.
fitzerspaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 11:33 PM   #3038
High Supremacy Member

I saw it in my Wallet, iOS 11.4 btw....
But I seriously don’t see any use for it unless can convert to iTunes Store credit
I am on iOS 11.4 too, but I don't think this has got to do with iOS versions.

Did you have to press the "+" or it just appears as a card there?
Old 25-04-2018, 02:49 AM   #3039

I think if we have set the region to US before, the Apple Pay Cash option will appear and would still remain there even after switching the region to Singapore.

That was what I did and the Apple Pay Cash toggle is still there.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 04:22 AM   #3040
High Supremacy Member

I think if we have set the region to US before, the Apple Pay Cash option will appear and would still remain there even after switching the region to Singapore.

That was what I did and the Apple Pay Cash toggle is still there.
Will switching regions cause me to lose any data? As in, like iTunes Store would be reset, Apple Music library have to redownload and stuff like that.
Old 25-04-2018, 10:00 AM   #3041
High Supremacy Member

Does anyone have random missing entries and exits on your ABT accounts?
Jirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 11:00 AM   #3042
Arch-Supremacy Member

Does anyone have random missing entries and exits on your ABT accounts?
yes its common to have missing exits for me, but not missing entry.

You have either of those is because you tapped too fast after the person before you and that the machine did not capture the details yet, despite showing bank card usage. You can avoid this by waiting for the machine to go back to its default page first before tapping, which i find it helpful to reduce the chances of such failed capture.

informed ABT support already since last year, and that their response is they noted of the situation but unlikely will have a change overnight..
Old 25-04-2018, 12:14 PM   #3043

Will switching regions cause me to lose any data? As in, like iTunes Store would be reset, Apple Music library have to redownload and stuff like that.
No issues. Apple Music downloads and settings are still intact or on my iPhone. No changes to the iTunes Store media and settings as the country is still set for Singapore.

Itís just on the iPhone itís US region and no conflict of content from iTunes.

The US region setting allows for Apple News, Apple Pay Cash, the Maps are in Miles and example Safari or Google Searches are based on results from the US instead of Singapore. Vice Versa for the other regions that you set to.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 12:25 PM   #3044

How to change region? As in for Apple ID?

No issues. Apple Music downloads and settings are still intact or on my iPhone. No changes to the iTunes Store media and settings as the country is still set for Singapore.

It’s just on the iPhone it’s US region and no conflict of content from iTunes.

The US region setting allows for Apple News, Apple Pay Cash, the Maps are in Miles and example Safari or Google Searches are based on results from the US instead of Singapore. Vice Versa for the other regions that you set to.
Old 25-04-2018, 04:25 PM   #3045
High Supremacy Member

yes its common to have missing exits for me, but not missing entry.

You have either of those is because you tapped too fast after the person before you and that the machine did not capture the details yet, despite showing bank card usage. You can avoid this by waiting for the machine to go back to its default page first before tapping, which i find it helpful to reduce the chances of such failed capture.

informed ABT support already since last year, and that their response is they noted of the situation but unlikely will have a change overnight..
Okay. Thank you for this information.
Jirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.