HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2018, 05:45 PM   #3076
Arch-Supremacy Member

Because you aim wrongly lor. I'll be posting a s9 guide on Samsung forum.

A parent note 8 s8 series s9 series have special nfc wireless charging module. Nb, their engineering really special one sia..

Samsung pay on my s9 seems to be having a much harder time tapping on bus compared to Google Pay on my pixel 2.

Not sure why but it'll take like 2 seconds on the s9 and I have to try and find the sweet spot

Whereas pixel 2 I just hover the phone above the scanner and done.

Of course I can try using Google Pay on my s9. But samsung pay earns points and I don't wanna use more than one platform.
Old 28-04-2018, 06:12 PM   #3077

Saw this on SGAG and I think it truly represents us (or at least for me) when the terminal doesn't detect or work with our device.

Jirachi likes this.

Last edited by tec_geek; 28-04-2018 at 06:16 PM..
tec_geek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #3078

Hahaha so very true

Saw this on SGAG and I think it truly represents us (or at least for me) when the terminal doesn't detect or work with our device.

Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 08:22 PM   #3079

How did you position your device? I realise that the NFC chip on the iPhone X is just beside the camera module.
iphone's nfc antenna is at top, so best is pointing the top like remote control style.
i tried putting a finger at top to make a gap and tap the top of back cover, the response is slow. seems like cannot put finger there, it will block the nfc. also cannot tap the top back cover parallel with reader, have to point the tip of iphone at the reader.

after some tries, i feel that the best gesture is like the following 2 images.
but the 1st image the gap seems too large, some weaker readers cannot detect. then 2nd image the iphone touches the reader, some of us found that touching the reader also cannot detect.
so how much gap is the best?

Old 28-04-2018, 08:32 PM   #3080

iphone's nfc antenna is at top, so best is pointing the top like remote control style.
i tried putting a finger at top to make a gap and tap the top of back cover, the response is slow. seems like cannot put finger there, it will block the nfc. also cannot tap the top back cover parallel with reader, have to point the tip of iphone at the reader.

after some tries, i feel that the best gesture is like the following 2 images.
but the 1st image the gap seems too large, some weaker readers cannot detect. then 2nd image the iphone touches the reader, some of us found that touching the reader also cannot detect.
so how much gap is the best?

i don't know how you position your finger, but if i were to use finger as a gap,

when i grab my phone, palm on the screen, finger on the side, it's like a spider leg on the side of the phone, like that you can easily adjust a fixed gap

like the 1st picture, but palm at the screen instead of back

Last edited by Dingding6; 28-04-2018 at 08:34 PM..
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 08:51 PM   #3081
Master Member

Finally added Citibank into Apple Pay already. Can see my premier miles as default rather than the POSB Everyday card.
Tyrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 09:33 PM   #3082

i don't know how you position your finger, but if i were to use finger as a gap,

when i grab my phone, palm on the screen, finger on the side, it's like a spider leg on the side of the phone, like that you can easily adjust a fixed gap

like the 1st picture, but palm at the screen instead of back
your method means u r tapping the back cover? not pointing like remote control.
btw the 1st image is the correct way of using apple pay when paying at merchant. pointing the top at the reader
Old 28-04-2018, 09:52 PM   #3083

Finally added Citibank into Apple Pay already. Can see my premier miles as default rather than the POSB Everyday card.
but the citi apple pay promotion is only 4 miles (around 2.8% cashback) compared to 20x points and 5% cashback for other cards. seems like the promotion for miles card is not that attractive. other bank's card no promotion also can get 3% or 5% cashback for paywave.
Old 28-04-2018, 09:54 PM   #3084

your method means u r tapping the back cover? not pointing like remote control.
btw the 1st image is the correct way of using apple pay when paying at merchant. pointing the top at the reader
you just need to move your thumb and index finger up to the top, then you can tap the top of the phone with your finger as a gap

or if it look awkward, you can place your finger and the botom half of your phone, but the phone higher to your 2nd partition of your finger, while tilt the phone 45 degree or how many degree you prefer to look like pointing a remote control.

it's just how you position your finger

Last edited by Dingding6; 28-04-2018 at 10:02 PM..
Old 28-04-2018, 10:08 PM   #3085

you just need to move your thumb and index finger up to the top, then you can tap the top of the phone with your finger as a gap

or if it look awkward, you can place your finger and the botom half of your phone, but the phone higher to your 2nd partition of your finger, while tilt the phone 45 degree or how many degree you prefer to look like pointing a remote control.

it's just how you position your finger
sounds complicated. so u have tested that the finger gap works good? which is around 1cm?
Old 28-04-2018, 10:18 PM   #3086

sounds complicated. so u have tested that the finger gap works good? which is around 1cm?
not with iphone but with other device, yes if i want to keep a constant fixed distance at the NFC location.
Old 29-04-2018, 12:07 AM   #3087
High Supremacy Member

This is so me.
Old 29-04-2018, 12:31 AM   #3088
Master Member

but the citi apple pay promotion is only 4 miles (around 2.8% cashback) compared to 20x points and 5% cashback for other cards. seems like the promotion for miles card is not that attractive. other bank's card no promotion also can get 3% or 5% cashback for paywave.
Wow bro. Thanks for pointing out. Looks like will use rewards card as default for the time being until the promo is over.

Also what other bank card no promo also got 3% or 5%?
Tyrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 02:41 AM   #3089
Great Supremacy Member

Just noticed this eVoucher thing on the ABT site, has anyone tried it out yet?
Old 29-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #3090

What evoucher?

Just noticed this eVoucher thing on the ABT site, has anyone tried it out yet?
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.