HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2018, 09:54 AM   #3091
Arch-Supremacy Member

What evoucher?
When you update the transitlink app from android, it will appear as one of the feature in which you can buy prepaid credits for people to use. Not sure if this is updated for iOS app yet.
Old 29-04-2018, 11:06 AM   #3092

Will this evoucher thing be ABT’s solution to suica style virtual card on the iPhone? Where they’ll still allow Apple to introduce ez-link in iPhone while keeping transaction records entirely separate from CEPAS by using evouchers

Just noticed this eVoucher thing on the ABT site, has anyone tried it out yet?
fitzerspaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #3093
Arch-Supremacy Member

Will this evoucher thing be ABT’s solution to suica style virtual card on the iPhone? Where they’ll still allow Apple to introduce ez-link in iPhone while keeping transaction records entirely separate from CEPAS by using evouchers
No? this feature is entirely different from suica and i guess you're thinking too much into it.

eVoucher is like a prepaid credits which can be registered to your own CAN, or another recipient's CAN. It is not an automatic process, as a physical card is needed to top up from GTM, AVM or transitlink office.

This is more useful for school going children topping up their cepas card and even for elderly. You will also find this useful for tourists with local friends who can lend their own ezlink to their friends.

This eVoucher thingy has been in force since 2015 and its not a new system. This feature is new cos its just being incorporated into the app and is made available for public. Previously, this eVoucher feature was used by the government to issue transport credits for not-so-well-to-do households with school going children..
Mach3.2 likes this.

Last edited by renfred89; 29-04-2018 at 11:55 AM..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #3094
Great Supremacy Member

No? this feature is entirely different from suica and i guess you're thinking too much into it.

eVoucher is like a prepaid credits which can be registered to your own CAN, or another recipient's CAN. It is not an automatic process, as a physical card is needed to top up from GTM, AVM or transitlink office.

This is more useful for school going children topping up their cepas card and even for elderly. You will also find this useful for tourists with local friends who can lend their own ezlink to their friends.

This eVoucher thingy has been in force since 2015 and its not a new system. This feature is new cos its just being incorporated into the app and is made available for public. Previously, this eVoucher feature was used by the government to issue transport credits for not-so-well-to-do households with school going children..
Oh, so basically if I buy an eVoucher for my ezlink card, I'll still have to go to one of those machine to claim the credits, as if i'm topping up my ezlink card?
Old 29-04-2018, 01:38 PM   #3095

Ahhh I see I see..... my bad

Old 29-04-2018, 04:17 PM   #3096
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes. No one buys for their own use, must well top up yourself.. hahas

Oh, so basically if I buy an eVoucher for my ezlink card, I'll still have to go to one of those machine to claim the credits, as if i'm topping up my ezlink card?
Mach3.2 likes this.
Old 29-04-2018, 07:00 PM   #3097

Just saw CEPAS logo on ABT sia..... is it all transactions also use ABT to display liao?
Old 29-04-2018, 11:40 PM   #3098
Arch-Supremacy Member

ABT merely allows you to monitor your transaction of cepas cards provided you have already added the CAN into your wallet.

Cepas card still require topping up of funds either manual or automatically...

Just saw CEPAS logo on ABT sia..... is it all transactions also use ABT to display liao?
Old 30-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #3099

using OCBC TR with Pixel 2XL and Samsung Gear S3
both are working well so far

only complaint is the speed - wish it's a little faster
Hi do you need to unlock and start Google pay app, or is it more like the iPhone + Suica experience where you just tap the phone?
DarkTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 10:44 AM   #3100
Arch-Supremacy Member

Google pay requires user to unlock the screen and tap, provided the registered card is already the default card.

Gear s3 uses Samsung pay, which requires manual activation of card before tapping.

The suica experience only Samsung pay beta is supporting as of now, which I'm trialling this new app now.

Hi do you need to unlock and start Google pay app, or is it more like the iPhone + Suica experience where you just tap the phone?
Old 30-04-2018, 12:38 PM   #3101

The suica experience only Samsung pay beta is supporting as of now, which I'm trialling this new app now.

how's the result of your trial so far?
can the samsung pay transit card work when batt is flat? hk octopus card on samsung pay can work when batt flat, i wonder how they activate the nfc when no batt.
Old 30-04-2018, 12:46 PM   #3102

anyone found the best spot to tap iphone or watch on mrt readers?
the readers are not rectangular, is it the center (upper part) or center (lower part)?

Old 30-04-2018, 03:44 PM   #3103
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone found the best spot to tap iphone or watch on mrt readers?
the readers are not rectangular, is it the center (upper part) or center (lower part)?

Middle part around the card logo is the best location to place the phone.

Tried taking the bus earlier & none of the readers are able to read from phone / watch
Montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #3104
Arch-Supremacy Member

how's the result of your trial so far?
can the samsung pay transit card work when batt is flat? hk octopus card on samsung pay can work when batt flat, i wonder how they activate the nfc when no batt.
There are still a few percent of battery reserves. Probably thatís whatís keeping the nfc alive.
Montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 05:34 PM   #3105
Supremacy Member

...Tried taking the bus earlier & none of the readers are able to read from phone / watch
Just curious; were your phone able to work with bus readers before?
ralliart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.