HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2018, 02:41 AM   #3136

Sorry i meant to say parallel, such that the 2 surfaces are fully in contact...
Oh thanks for clarifying. Iím doing that too. A bit awkward for my wrist. But longest time to activate it is like 5s until I get a tone. Sometimes 3s.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:37 PM   #3137

If the iPhone shows a tick, but the gantry shows error, will we still be charged? This trial is annoying me so much so Iím reverting to physical card.
won't be charged. iphone shows tick just means that the card info is transmitted successfully.
just like paying at merchant, after tap card, remove card, then u still need to wait for approval and receipt.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:45 PM   #3138

Oh thanks for clarifying. Iím doing that too. A bit awkward for my wrist. But longest time to activate it is like 5s until I get a tone. Sometimes 3s.
when i used apple watch also around 2-4sec processing time. that's very long esp in a queue. i assume 3-5s waiting means the watch is far away from the reader's focus point.
when u tap mrt reader, are u tapping at card logo area? how long is the waiting time when tap at card logo area?
Old 04-05-2018, 01:14 PM   #3139

won't be charged. iphone shows tick just means that the card info is transmitted successfully.
just like paying at merchant, after tap card, remove card, then u still need to wait for approval and receipt.
Oh thatís right. Thanks!
datalock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:31 PM   #3140
Supremacy Member

...Cannot apply for refund or else they will block the cepas card forever and you won't be able to use it anymore...
Anybody knows if Iíd applied for a refund, is there absolutely any way for me to return my physical MasterCard to a normal CEPAS card?
ralliart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:58 PM   #3141
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you applied for a refund, transitlink will disabled the cepas purse permanently and your physical card will no longer carry cepas feature.

The above isn't the same as applying for trip refund. Trip refund is for u if you never tap or you tapped but no response..

Anybody knows if I’d applied for a refund, is there absolutely any way for me to return my physical MasterCard to a normal CEPAS card?
Old 04-05-2018, 02:28 PM   #3142
Supremacy Member

If you applied for a refund, transitlink will disabled the cepas purse permanently and your physical card will no longer carry cepas feature.

The above isn't the same as applying for trip refund. Trip refund is for u if you never tap or you tapped but no response..

Hmm...what if I apply for a new MasterCard?
Old 04-05-2018, 02:59 PM   #3143

Then you can use the new card as your cepas card
datalock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:32 PM   #3144
High Supremacy Member

When my old Everyday card expired, I continue using it as a Ezlink card, with EzReload to the then new Everyday card. Until the CEPAS function somehow failed, then I started using the then new Everyday card as a bank card.
chengsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:37 PM   #3145
Arch-Supremacy Member

Maybe your cepas card expired.. only 5yrs validity..

When my old Everyday card expired, I continue using it as a Ezlink card, with EzReload to the then new Everyday card. Until the CEPAS function somehow failed, then I started using the then new Everyday card as a bank card.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:17 PM   #3146

when i used apple watch also around 2-4sec processing time. that's very long esp in a queue. i assume 3-5s waiting means the watch is far away from the reader's focus point.
when u tap mrt reader, are u tapping at card logo area? how long is the waiting time when tap at card logo area?
wow 3s....3s way to long for me....most of the time i tap with my Gear S3, max 2s, min below 1s

that day i was playing with my mastercard, i kept about 3 inch distance away from the reader, and reader still can read my card, but of course slower than normal.

Last edited by Dingding6; 04-05-2018 at 10:21 PM..
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:56 PM   #3147
Supremacy Member

If you applied for a refund, transitlink will disabled the cepas purse permanently and your physical card will no longer carry cepas feature...
I tried my luck, messaged Transitlink on FaceBook & they told me I could & I tried my luck at the GTM (as advised by TransitLink).

So first-up, my physical mastercard's current payment mode is correctly detected as "Bank card mode":

When I click on "Check transit payment mode", it gives me the option to toggle to the alternative mode, i.e. CEPAS:

Of course, I'm eager to go ahead:

After it is done, when I re-place my card on the GTM reader, it still presents me the option to toggle back to "Bank card mode" again:

& just for good measure, I used the iOS EZLink app to activate EZReload. Turns out nowadays, perhaps it is because I did it via the app & not the EZReload website, they issue the ARN to activate the capability instantaneously:

Got the handshake done fuss-free at the GTM again:

& I checked via the iOS app again, the feature is live. I'm almost too impressed that this can be done within less than half an hour while the ABT registration takes 7 days to incubate:

Old 04-05-2018, 11:56 PM   #3148
Supremacy Member

& for the timeline, do observe I really did manage to get a refund before (al beit via an OCBC ATM), I managed to get my first EZReload auto-top-up today, I also managed to pass through a gantry with it:

Now when I tap through gantries, back to the usual lag-free, stress-free gantry transit moments...
Old 05-05-2018, 04:21 AM   #3149

bro I meant bus reader up to 5s. My watch face even kissing the readerís centre surface. As for MRT gantry is about 2s max. Sorry didnít specify clearly.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:28 PM   #3150
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just tried to use citi Cashback on Apple Pay and tap for a bus ride, says bank card not supported. Anyone have successfully tap with citi on Apple Pay yet?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.