HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2018, 02:16 PM   #3151
Master Member

Just tried to use citi Cashback on Apple Pay and tap for a bus ride, says bank card not supported. Anyone have successfully tap with citi on Apple Pay yet?
You are signed up with an ABT account for that card? Also registered your Apple Pay with the specified stations? And you have waited a week since registration at the stations?
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:33 PM   #3152
Arch-Supremacy Member

I registered the card before Citibank started Apple Pay.

I check my abt account the card is under my card section already.

Need to register Apple Pay at specific stations? Didn’t read that part in any guide. Help pls

You are signed up with an ABT account for that card? Also registered your Apple Pay with the specified stations? And you have waited a week since registration at the stations?
Old 05-05-2018, 04:01 PM   #3153
Supremacy Member

Need to register Apple Pay at specific stations? Didn’t read that part in any guide. Help pls
How about reading the very first post bro.
shawniiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:32 PM   #3154
Master Member

All details in the first post
Old 05-05-2018, 06:48 PM   #3155
Supremacy Member

I wonder too I’d add Citibank does it rewards points to Citibank card ? As I recall Citibank no more support rewards points when use on transport like mrt and bus

All details in the first post
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:30 PM   #3156

Tried for a few days, and gave up Apple Pay. really CMI. And for the record, I don't even have any casing on my iPhone7 - i use it naked.

Bus is the worst, managed to ApplePay in but failed to ApplePay out. Have to exit otherwise i will hold up the entire bus trying to be an idiot scanning phone @ the reader.

Is this even a trial... It's simply just plain stupid to use ApplePay right now.
dexboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:06 PM   #3157

Tried for a few days, and gave up Apple Pay. really CMI. And for the record, I don't even have any casing on my iPhone7 - i use it naked.

Bus is the worst, managed to ApplePay in but failed to ApplePay out. Have to exit otherwise i will hold up the entire bus trying to be an idiot scanning phone @ the reader.

Is this even a trial... It's simply just plain stupid to use ApplePay right now.
if you want to use Mobile Payment ABT as of now, you would need to find the sweet spot to tap, which is actually counter intuitive.

about this trial i think it's kinda a failed implementation....according to the FAQ, they were expecting no read to occur, yet i don't see they have a plan to try fix it on the fly during the trial
dexboi likes this.
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:36 AM   #3158
Master Member

It is mostly these terminals not really designed for these mobile antennas or something. They work flawlessly in Japan and in our country all those payment terminals. It sucks mostly on these transport terminals.
dexboi likes this.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:09 AM   #3159

I really wonder how different our terminals are from that of the UK. Like Singapore, their payment terminals for the tube also accepts apple pay and last year when I went there, I had no trouble whatsoever tapping in and out.

It is mostly these terminals not really designed for these mobile antennas or something. They work flawlessly in Japan and in our country all those payment terminals. It sucks mostly on these transport terminals.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #3160

Realised the hit rate on the bus is poor too and also depends on which card reader is on the bus. The newer ones (large screen) are better hit rates whereas the older ones (non coloured lcd) confirm will fail... at least for my case la. No issues with the mrt gantries.
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:58 PM   #3161

If i am on the phone, can i still activate apple pay ?
Old 07-05-2018, 10:58 AM   #3162

Realised the hit rate on the bus is poor too and also depends on which card reader is on the bus. The newer ones (large screen) are better hit rates whereas the older ones (non coloured lcd) confirm will fail... at least for my case la. No issues with the mrt gantries.
since u have no issue on mrt, would like to know how u tap your iphone on mrt?
tap at the reader center or just simply tap anyway? do u leave 1-2cm gap or just touch in contact with reader?
Old 07-05-2018, 02:33 PM   #3163

No gap.... jus aim for the center at the top of my iphone. I realised that if you aim the top and slowly “bua” downwards you might actually get a hit. Both on the mrt and bus.

since u have no issue on mrt, would like to know how u tap your iphone on mrt?
tap at the reader center or just simply tap anyway? do u leave 1-2cm gap or just touch in contact with reader?
Old 07-05-2018, 07:44 PM   #3164

Did any of you notice that, if a particular tap with earmarked $0.1.....the tap is much smoother, while the rest like whack-a-mole?

or am i just imagining
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:33 PM   #3165
Supremacy Member

Hahah 0.1c is service charge make u tap smoothtap? Hahahhah

Did any of you notice that, if a particular tap with earmarked $0.1.....the tap is much smoother, while the rest like whack-a-mole?

or am i just imagining
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.