HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2018, 11:43 PM   #3196
Master Member

Now can use Apple Pay for bus and mrt ride ?

Any card tied to the Apple Pay can use as ez link card? Mine is ocbc 365
Read the first post.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 02:17 PM   #3197

I’ve been using it since early April. There’s hit and miss and I’m still using it.
i think that's it for me as well....it's not fun anymore.

if the reader read normally and statement missing entry, overstay....etc which is the real issue of ABT, i am still ok with that.

until the reader can read mobile device normally without having to crack my head where to tap then only i continue use, else i would just stick to my mastercard abt.
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 02:36 PM   #3198

I went back to cepas and have since boarded and alighted stress free. Funny how it was taken for granted in the past that I board and alighted without the stress from the death stares and tsks of the other passengers. Now on tsr scheme and waiting for circles life to launch the rewards program on cepas.
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #3199

Not 2 bad

Surprisingly it went well on the weekend.
On Iphone X. i have a gap in between the sensor and my phone

Tested is from bukit batok - jurong point

Alijunied - Tamp
jianhui1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 09:58 AM   #3200
High Supremacy Member

i think that's it for me as well....it's not fun anymore.

if the reader read normally and statement missing entry, overstay....etc which is the real issue of ABT, i am still ok with that.

until the reader can read mobile device normally without having to crack my head where to tap then only i continue use, else i would just stick to my mastercard abt.
Try tapping face down. I tested it over the weekends and it seemed much much more stable.
Jirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #3201
Great Supremacy Member

Can anyone just go over to TL office and sign up for this?
tamago_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #3202

i'm also waiting for them to upgrade the reader firmware/hardware then only use apple pay abt again.
nowadays use GTM machine topup cepas card via apple pay is very fast... 2-3 sec can get approved, almost same processing time as mobile abt.
Old 14-05-2018, 10:45 AM   #3203

Read the first post.

Can anyone just go over to TL office and sign up for this?
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 11:31 AM   #3204
Great Supremacy Member

Didn't bring my wallet yesterday and used my iphone 7+ for a bus trip, it took a good 1-2 second to scan and register, and meanwhile you don't even know whether you are holding it right or not.

I guess it's still not ready for prime time, considering how fuss free CEPAS and mastercards are.
Mach3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #3205
Great Supremacy Member

Read the first post.
Can, thought got life hack.
tamago_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 10:10 PM   #3206

Try tapping face down. I tested it over the weekends and it seemed much much more stable.
Do you have continuous streak of at least 2 weeks of easy no issue tap?

because just like you, i do have successful streak of few days no issue, then after that like whack a mole again...

i was using smart watch to tap by the way............i tried mobile phone before, the performance is worst than my watch, maybe because i was testing with my watch for so long that i know estimate where to tap, but still cannot get consistent result with my watch
Old 14-05-2018, 10:15 PM   #3207

i'm also waiting for them to upgrade the reader firmware/hardware then only use apple pay abt again.
nowadays use GTM machine topup cepas card via apple pay is very fast... 2-3 sec can get approved, almost same processing time as mobile abt.
when i was using my watch to tap, if i hit the correct spot, the processing time is like less than a sec, faster than my mastercard abt

for topup/retail, 2-3s is normal because they need to verify the credit card + token at who knows where.......

but ABT, they just need the credit card info which is processed by Transitlink itself, the fact that i am able to tap at less than a sec speed at about 70% of the time means it is capable of that speed, only problem is the inconsistent crappy reader.

Last edited by Dingding6; 14-05-2018 at 10:24 PM..
Old 15-05-2018, 08:15 AM   #3208
Arch-Supremacy Member

i have also gone back to good old cepas card.
was trying day in and out on watch and phone. hit and miss.
i only use them when i'm travelling during non peak hours.
during peak hours, the amount of death stares and "tsk" from other people is scary.
MRT still ok. for buses i find that the new buses scan well compared to older buses.

what is this reward program by circles life by the way??
xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 08:19 AM   #3209

Here is the link about the circles life rewards with ezlink

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech...blic-transport

i have also gone back to good old cepas card.
was trying day in and out on watch and phone. hit and miss.
i only use them when i'm travelling during non peak hours.
during peak hours, the amount of death stares and "tsk" from other people is scary.
MRT still ok. for buses i find that the new buses scan well compared to older buses.

what is this reward program by circles life by the way??
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #3210

when i was using my watch to tap, if i hit the correct spot, the processing time is like less than a sec, faster than my mastercard abt

for topup/retail, 2-3s is normal because they need to verify the credit card + token at who knows where.......

but ABT, they just need the credit card info which is processed by Transitlink itself, the fact that i am able to tap at less than a sec speed at about 70% of the time means it is capable of that speed, only problem is the inconsistent crappy reader.
u r using samsung devices right? seems like samsung devices faster.
older models of apple watch and iphone are slower in nfc, so cannot achieve half a sec speed compared to latest models.
for ABT, they need to check the card/virtual number whether it's registered for trial. sometimes they also charge 10 cent which may go thru mastercard network. not sure what happen in the backend but the processing/approval time is around half a sec (based on physical mastercard).

btw now i think for iphone and apple watch, the mrt reader card logo area is not the correct spot. ever since i aim my iphone at that area, always get card failed red light. today i tried tapping my apple watch at card logo area (after stop using mobile abt for some time), also get red light.
last time i just simply tap apple watch anywhere without aiming, successful rate is higher.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.