HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2018, 10:53 AM   #3211

u r using samsung devices right? seems like samsung devices faster.
older models of apple watch and iphone are slower in nfc, so cannot achieve half a sec speed compared to latest models.
for ABT, they need to check the card/virtual number whether it's registered for trial. sometimes they also charge 10 cent which may go thru mastercard network. not sure what happen in the backend but the processing/approval time is around half a sec (based on physical mastercard).

btw now i think for iphone and apple watch, the mrt reader card logo area is not the correct spot. ever since i aim my iphone at that area, always get card failed red light. today i tried tapping my apple watch at card logo area (after stop using mobile abt for some time), also get red light.
last time i just simply tap apple watch anywhere without aiming, successful rate is higher.
Yeah, I am using Samsung device, but rather than saying Samsung device faster, I would rather say I have done enough testing on my device to know where is my device signal peak point and magnetic field pattern.

I don't enjoy the same success rate with phone tho....

Not the case for me if I simply tap anywhere without aiming, failure rate sky high.... Well .....for within certain time I set for my self for each tap
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 01:40 PM   #3212

Looks like I'm not the only one with the MRT gantry reader not registering Apple Pay.

I've been using for about 1 month now. There will be days where everything works flawlessly. Then all of a sudden it would not register my iphone taps and I end up having to try multiple times. I have tried to be as consistent as possible in positioning the phone vs reader surface but it's getting frustrating, especially if I hold up the queue during peak hours.

I love the convenience but the implementation really needs to be improved.
Ted100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 02:14 PM   #3213
Master Member

From my own experience, Google Pay on my Pixel 2 XL is far more reliable than Apple Pay on my iPhone X... Not sure why this is so though.
kEvinErd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 03:48 PM   #3214

FAQ

Using  Pay on Singapore's Transportation Network
You'll need to sign up for an ABT account here — https://www.transitlink.com.sg/abtmobile/

If you've already got an ABT account. All you need to do is to simply register the same card you've added onto your  Pay with ABT.
Then head down to any three of the transit link ticket office to get your virtual cards registered during this trial period. You'll need to flash this poster to be eligible. If you have an Apple Watch and an iPhone, you'll need to tell the Staff at the transit link office to enrol you twice

For more information please read the following — https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/Downl...t%20Notice.pdf

Official FAQ can be found here!
https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/Downl...0Questions.pdf

Can I board the bus/train with  Pay on my iPhone and then alight using another device/physical card? (or vice versa)
No.

How to get your rewards points (NTUC link points etc)
Earning Link points with Apple Pay

UOB Trial starts this March!
http://uob.com.sg/personal/cards/acc...ticketing.html

Set up and Usage

Supported banks
  • UOB
  • DBS
  • POSB
  • Stan Chart
  • OCBC
  • American Express

Is Apple Pay Secure?
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203027

How to set up
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204506

How to use
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201239

Supported Devices
  • iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE
  • Apple Watch paired with iPhone 5 or later
  • iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 (In App only)

I can't add my card, help
  1. Check if your bank is supported
  2. Check if your card is supported, as of now (25/5) corporate cards are not supported
  3. Check if your device is supported
  4. Remove and add your card again
  5. Still not working? You'll have to contact your card issuer
Is this still only open to invited trial ppl? or its open to public to try?
Old 16-05-2018, 03:50 PM   #3215

Is this still only open to invited trial ppl? or its open to public to try?
Supposedly still invited, just say you want register, no question ask
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 04:53 PM   #3216

Now pay me I also don't want to use. I am using back my old CEPAS card. Stress free.
EroNasubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #3217

Stress free, stares free, kan free.....
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 05:52 PM   #3218
Great Supremacy Member

Supposedly still invited, just say you want register, no question ask
Just went to register my iPhone X and AW3, no issues, took only a minute.

Buona Vista and Tampines offices close at 6pm, City Hall office closes at 9pm.
tamago_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 06:52 PM   #3219

Lol wait till you start the trial and let us know your success rate.

Just went to register my iPhone X and AW3, no issues, took only a minute.

Buona Vista and Tampines offices close at 6pm, City Hall office closes at 9pm.
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 07:09 PM   #3220
Great Supremacy Member

Lol wait till you start the trial and let us know your success rate.
Yes, cos I'm also involved with a consultancy company dealing with transit payments and we are interested in the progress of LTA and TL. TfL is doing it well, but their fare rules are much simpler.
Old 17-05-2018, 12:27 PM   #3221

TfL's system appears better at detecting the phone too. Had a chance last year to use it and I never had an issue during the week I was there.

Yes, cos I'm also involved with a consultancy company dealing with transit payments and we are interested in the progress of LTA and TL. TfL is doing it well, but their fare rules are much simpler.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 12:58 PM   #3222
Great Supremacy Member

TfL's system appears better at detecting the phone too. Had a chance last year to use it and I never had an issue during the week I was there.
My company gave me an Oyster Card then. Would try it the next time I’m there! The Japanese NFC-F implementation still feels like the gold standard, pity that Octopus (and the entire HK) is not taking contactless payments seriously cos of their concerns over wireless payment security.
tamago_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #3223

it is a normal credit card payment rite? no need to register an account.
Old 17-05-2018, 05:51 PM   #3224

My company gave me an Oyster Card then. Would try it the next time I’m there! The Japanese NFC-F implementation still feels like the gold standard, pity that Octopus (and the entire HK) is not taking contactless payments seriously cos of their concerns over wireless payment security.
i thought octopus card is widely used in hk? when apple pay just released in hk, there were reports comparing apple pay and octopus. more ppl prefer to use octopus because it can be used everywhere and tapping wallet is fast. apple pay needs to find a credit card terminal.
btw, octopus card is already on samsung pay.
Old 17-05-2018, 06:19 PM   #3225

Normal credit card, like how SG is doing it too. I think SG only need an account just for the trial, and when it rolls out properly I doubt you need an account.

Even TfL you can link your apple pay card to your account to track your transactions, but it's not mandatory.

it is a normal credit card payment rite? no need to register an account.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.