HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #3256

Below EWL station but near entrance to CCL. Remember to show this on your phone screen so they know what you want.
actually even don't need to show that......just mention want to register phone for mobile payment trial......they won't even bother to look or ask for it.
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 11:10 AM   #3257
Master Member

Thanks all.

Will try it out. Haha.
xsoldix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 12:47 PM   #3258
Arch-Supremacy Member

Cepas no need account to begin with. Its just an initiative by transit link to show you the trips only..

oooo...i thought they say nets with visa on june meant CEPAS ....

but the CEPAS for the portal only transaction logging? not really an account base ticketing?
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 08:21 AM   #3259
Arch-Supremacy Member

how long were you trying to attract those glare and "tsk" sound lol~

it's funny how i never encounter those when i tried.....maybe i am deaf to the surrounding
how long?
1st try unsuccessful, the fellow behind me already bump into me
by then the 1st stare was from the guy.
and while i reach into my pocket for the physical card, those behind were already impatient and i could hear some one "tsk"

xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 08:30 AM   #3260

how long?
1st try unsuccessful, the fellow behind me already bump into me
by then the 1st stare was from the guy.
and while i reach into my pocket for the physical card, those behind were already impatient and i could hear some one "tsk"

Oo, what I mean how long were you standing there trying?

You probably standing there like 5-6s?

Last time what I would do is, within 2s no respond, either I move Abit let behind queue tap first, then try again later or I switch to card straight away

To me anything slower than card is consider failed

Last edited by Dingding6; 21-05-2018 at 08:33 AM..
Old 21-05-2018, 04:36 PM   #3261

in another thread about ABT for physical mastercard "Mastercard tap in TransitLink", some forumers reported that their paypass function spoiled after a year of ABT usage and need replacement. not sure what's the reason. is it the card antenna cannot support too frequent usage, or there is a max limit of taps, or bus/mrt readers spoiled it?
Old 21-05-2018, 05:05 PM   #3262

in another thread about ABT for physical mastercard "Mastercard tap in TransitLink", some forumers reported that their paypass function spoiled after a year of ABT usage and need replacement. not sure what's the reason. is it the card antenna cannot support too frequent usage, or there is a max limit of taps, or bus/mrt readers spoiled it?
maybe due to wear and tear? nowadays i just put my card in my pocket and after a while, the layering will be tore, etc.
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 05:44 PM   #3263

maybe due to wear and tear? nowadays i just put my card in my pocket and after a while, the layering will be tore, etc.
but ezlink/flashpay can last for 5 yrs until card expiry without prob.
if this is true then physical credit card is not suitable for everyday transit use.
Old 21-05-2018, 06:54 PM   #3264

the nfc chip inside the card .......they are powered by the reader itself via magnetic inductance.....

if the reader output power is alot higher than the chip requirement.........the nfc chip will be powered at max.....it's like your mobile phone display screen....you turn the brightness to maximum ....sooner or later the display will burnout, you will see something like burn in image or ghost image on the diplay.
Old 21-05-2018, 08:58 PM   #3265
Arch-Supremacy Member

The NFC chip in cards has limited read/write cycles depending on which standard and which chip in concern. usually the read write cycles are quite a lot and should last the entire card lifetime, but sometimes it can spoil prematurely also..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 11:49 PM   #3266

Video got cut but detection was fast with AW3 on a Go-Ahead S’pore bus. Given that this is a newly registered card, their ops are downloading the list of allowed cards nicely (have encountered hit-and-miss on buses before using physical MasterCard under ABT).

Atleast you are daring enough to test out. I have register one of the POSB everyday card for a week plus but yet to test out. Took a bus, but too paiseh to use it as quite a few people behind me.. lolx

I tried to register Maybank cc, but at the station machine to ‘activate’, it came back with card not suitable.

One question, if payment is using those cc, does those rebates still in? E.g, pay cask is $0.8 if use Nets or EZ is $0.6 or something.
Old 22-05-2018, 08:01 AM   #3267
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oo, what I mean how long were you standing there trying?

You probably standing there like 5-6s?

Last time what I would do is, within 2s no respond, either I move Abit let behind queue tap first, then try again later or I switch to card straight away

To me anything slower than card is consider failed
yeah probably ard that timing.
moving to the side, (i.e standing between 2 gantries) is also a bad idea during peak hours.

anyhow, back to physical card during peak hours.
will try only when its less crowded
xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 08:56 AM   #3268
Great Supremacy Member

Atleast you are daring enough to test out. I have register one of the POSB everyday card for a week plus but yet to test out. Took a bus, but too paiseh to use it as quite a few people behind me.. lolx

I tried to register Maybank cc, but at the station machine to ‘activate’, it came back with card not suitable.

One question, if payment is using those cc, does those rebates still in? E.g, pay cask is $0.8 if use Nets or EZ is $0.6 or something.
Haha. Test test only to catch up with the times. Transfer rebates will be the same if you use the same card.
tamago_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 09:34 AM   #3269
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually if make more sense with the Touch ID iphone then Face ID. Face ID need to open apple pay 1st and with fave verified compare to just holding the phone with thumb on the Touch ID and bringing the phone to the reader
theory_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #3270
Master Member

Actually if make more sense with the Touch ID iphone then Face ID. Face ID need to open apple pay 1st and with fave verified compare to just holding the phone with thumb on the Touch ID and bringing the phone to the reader
You know just double press the power button on the iPhone X and look at it and pay away. You can't be that lazy.
renfred89 likes this.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.