HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2018, 01:10 AM   #3511
Master Member

Cards within Apple Pay are tied to iCloud account leh...
In Apple Ecosystem there are 2 Payment methods, your iCloud Account Payment which uses one default payment method to pay for your apps and subscriptions.

The other is Apple Pay, which is for Physical store NFC terminals, Web Payment, In-App purchases, Reward cards, Suica.

You can have any CC or DC in your iCloud account it does not matter that one only interfaces to buy your Apps, App subscriptions and or purchase iCloud storage. (Settings->iCloud->Payment & Shipping)

Apple Pay is where you have to add cards (Wallet App or Settings->Wallet&Apple Pay) and get a SMS confirmation code to comfirm it. This is the interface to ABT not via iCloud.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:40 AM   #3512
Great Supremacy Member

Jialat, you don’t understand what I am saying. When you lose your phone, you can remove cards from devices by signing into iCloud. Similarly, when setting up a new phone, all your card details are pushed to your phone after you sign into iCloud and you just need to reauthenticate with the new SE in your phone to generate the DAN. Also, I didn’t say the interface to ABT is iCloud, but rather that when cards are added to Apple Pay, it is added to the wallet function of your iCloud account and card details stored on Apple’s server without CVV (it is secure due to lack of CVV2 or SE, same as storing your CC/DC at iTunes and pending CVV before checking out).

What you are saying is the layman stuffs.
tamago_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:39 AM   #3513
Arch-Supremacy Member

Jialat, you don’t understand what I am saying. When you lose your phone, you can remove cards from devices by signing into iCloud. Similarly, when setting up a new phone, all your card details are pushed to your phone after you sign into iCloud and you just need to reauthenticate with the new SE in your phone to generate the DAN. Also, I didn’t say the interface to ABT is iCloud, but rather that when cards are added to Apple Pay, it is added to the wallet function of your iCloud account and card details stored on Apple’s server without CVV (it is secure due to lack of CVV2 or SE, same as storing your CC/DC at iTunes and pending CVV before checking out).

well, apple pay is the right terminology is this aspect although you have the right understanding. you're arguing on the basis of apple watch = iwatch, iPod touch = itouch.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:42 AM   #3514
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi guys need some help here with regards to using ez link card for public transport via iPhone X.

I have the ABT portal account, I have added my CEPAS card into the account, is this good enough for me to start using my iPhone X for MRT/BUS? Or is it not possible at all? I tried to read up but am still pretty lost with regards to this.
ezlink card cannot be used on apple pay or iPhone for transit, ever since inception. During the trial, we used master cards added to apple pay for transit, and the experience was hit and miss.

you added your cepas card on abt portal is for you to monitor the usage and trips, nothing to do with abt payment.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:19 AM   #3515
Master Member

Sure you can get all technical as well but it is simply you were using outright wrong terminology all together. You can try hard but even Apple support pages does not say add card to iCloud and use the term add card to Apple Pay. You can even check with the banks and the ABT PDF.

There is a HUGE difference in using the proper term and using other terminology just for technicalities. One is more consumer friendly and the other is for technical understanding.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:00 PM   #3516
Great Supremacy Member

Sure you can get all technical as well but it is simply you were using outright wrong terminology all together. You can try hard but even Apple support pages does not say add card to iCloud and use the term add card to Apple Pay. You can even check with the banks and the ABT PDF.

There is a HUGE difference in using the proper term and using other terminology just for technicalities. One is more consumer friendly and the other is for technical understanding.
Interestingly there is no difference at layman level between the two and saying that you can add your cards to either “Apple Pay” or “Apple Pay via iCloud wallet” leads to the same result, just that one is more specific than the other. Not sure why there is a need to say one is wrong when trying to follow the instructions either way would not lead to a right or wrong outcome, but the same right outcome. I am technical cos I have been on this field for quite a while, arguing things about pros and cons of open and closed transit fare systems and such, that such interchangeable terms that doesn’t harm anyone is not of concern other than about who is being more righteous rather than practicality.

Last edited by tamago_; 15-12-2018 at 04:39 PM..
tamago_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #3517
High Supremacy Member

My VISA still have no option to convert to bank account. Weird. It’s like my card is not even registered at TransLink backend.
Jirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2018, 04:08 PM   #3518
Arch-Supremacy Member

How many days has it been?

My VISA still have no option to convert to bank account. Weird. It’s like my card is not even registered at TransLink backend.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2018, 06:12 PM   #3519
High Supremacy Member

Since 4th Dec, so 9 days now.
Old 13-12-2018, 06:33 PM   #3520

There's no need to convert the card if your card does not contain EZ-Link functionality.
jaloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2018, 09:48 PM   #3521

Yep there's no need to convert the card.
Just place your card on the GTM, then check card.
See if it says it's valid. You're set.

Last edited by PetPet; 13-12-2018 at 11:31 PM..
PetPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2018, 09:37 AM   #3522
High Supremacy Member

There's no need to convert the card if your card does not contain EZ-Link functionality.
Yep there's no need to convert the card.
Just place your card on the GTM, then check card.
See if it says it's valid. You're set.

Replying to the both of you. I am using my MasterCard (I needed to switch this from CEPAS mode to Bank mode), so I am seeing two different screens while placing the VISA and MasterCard on the GTM machines. The VISA is still in CEPAS mode.
Old 14-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #3523

Just tap your Visa card at the gate. When I tried to activate it at the GTM, I got an error message. But apparently, it still worked.
the_gryffindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2018, 06:00 PM   #3524

My email from TransitLink told me to switch the payment mode today for visa and it works.

Tried at the gantry at my card it is ok, but the reader shows “bank card not supported” when I use Apple Pay with the same card.

Any advice?
lazy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2018, 06:48 PM   #3525
Arch-Supremacy Member

Apple Pay is not supported with your recent visa registration. Both are different altogether. If you have missed the previous mobile device registration, then Apple Pay will not work.

My email from TransitLink told me to switch the payment mode today for visa and it works.

Tried at the gantry at my card it is ok, but the reader shows “bank card not supported” when I use Apple Pay with the same card.

Any advice?
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.