HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2019, 09:48 AM   #3676

Has anyone tried tapping unregistered mobile device and succeeded already?

Based on the experience when ABT pilot was launched two years ago, users could start using their mastercard several days prior to the official launch date.
I've been trying since the last week, MasterCard on Apple Pay, not possible yet.
chinnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 10:29 AM   #3677

oh ok thanks mod!
so many apps. 1 EZ Link, 1 ABT, 1 SimplyGo
ABT = SimplyGo!
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 08:42 PM   #3678
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes still need to.

do we still need to convert the card to bank mode if it has ezlink function?
Old 30-03-2019, 06:10 AM   #3679

Yes still need to.

Question. I got posb everyday card and it has Ezlink also. So on 4 April, I just go to mrt station ticket machine to convert it to bank mode? No need to do anything else like registration? I tried few week ago but got error at the ticket machine, unable to convert.
If I didn't convert the card to bank mode and I add it to Apple pay, can I still use apply pay to pay for the ride? If yes it will auto charge to bank?
Summary, do I need to convert posb everyday card to bank mode before I can use apple pay for ride. And anything need to be done before I can change the card to bank mode at mrt ticket machine... Thanks

Last edited by leongws; 30-03-2019 at 06:14 AM..
leongws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2019, 06:21 AM   #3680
Arch-Supremacy Member

Question. I got posb everyday card and it has Ezlink also. So on 4 April, I just go to mrt station ticket machine to convert it to bank mode? No need to do anything else like registration? I tried few week ago but got error at the ticket machine, unable to convert.
If I didn't convert the card to bank mode and I add it to Apple pay, can I still use apply pay to pay for the ride? If yes it will auto charge to bank?
Summary, do I need to convert posb everyday card to bank mode before I can use apple pay for ride. And anything need to be done before I can change the card to bank mode at mrt ticket machine... Thanks
You dont have to switch mode if u intend to use Apple Pay. If u want to use physical card, must switch mode..
Old 30-03-2019, 07:39 AM   #3681

You dont have to switch mode if u intend to use Apple Pay. If u want to use physical card, must switch mode..
So just use the ticket machine to change mode will do? No pre preparation needed? Cause few weeks ago I try switch but unable to
leongws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2019, 07:53 AM   #3682
Arch-Supremacy Member

Of cos cannot switch because the public access not started yet what..

So just use the ticket machine to change mode will do? No pre preparation needed? Cause few weeks ago I try switch but unable to
Old 30-03-2019, 09:50 AM   #3683
Supremacy Member

Can meh we add a master card on Apple Pay we can tap and go ? Doubt it hahahhah now is only registered the MasterCard teh physical card and use the physical card to tap rigth hahahhah
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:09 PM   #3684

Can meh we add a master card on Apple Pay we can tap and go ? Doubt it hahahhah now is only registered the MasterCard teh physical card and use the physical card to tap rigth hahahhah
From 4 april onwards u can. Registering only needed if you want to view your ride transactions from the app, if not they will just charge to the bank and you probably can't see how much the rides cost
Seederad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 03:02 PM   #3685

From 4 april onwards u can. Registering only needed if you want to view your ride transactions from the app, if not they will just charge to the bank and you probably can't see how much the rides cost
Has anyone tried to use Apple Pay today? Does it work?
noodless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 03:18 PM   #3686

yes it does. faster than last time during trial period.
sengkangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:44 PM   #3687

yes it does. faster than last time during trial period.
Great ! Thanks. So all those transfers will also be taken into account?
noodless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:48 PM   #3688

Great ! Thanks. So all those transfers will also be taken into account?
Yes, it will, I did a few trips using Samsung Pay and checked my SimplyGo account. It will function just like a normal ez-link in terms of fare transfer rules.
bryanzhi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:55 PM   #3689
Arch-Supremacy Member

i tried today as well with my galaxy S10+
after adding the travel card in samsung pay, i can even tap without turning on my phone.
and yes its faster than during the trial i ad with iPhone7+
xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:10 PM   #3690

Yes, it will, I did a few trips using Samsung Pay and checked my SimplyGo account. It will function just like a normal ez-link in terms of fare transfer rules.
Just to clarify this works like a EZ-Link card would for transit rebates unlike the trial(where it would display Bank Card Usage and not have rebates?)
i.Singaporean is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.