HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2019, 04:44 PM   #3721

Did you tap your phone correctly?
Authenticate -> Tap top of the phone on the reader.

Be sure not to have any other cards with your phone
Thanks! I have been tapping the middle and bottom of the phone on the reader...my fault haha
Shawny88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:52 PM   #3722

For Apple Pay to work, Iíd have to go to the ticket office to activate?
Nope. It'll just work

Thanks! I have been tapping the middle and bottom of the phone on the reader...my fault haha
No worries.
Old 13-04-2019, 12:16 PM   #3723

Thanks and wow, it is seamless. Anyone knows when would Visa be available?

Nope. It'll just work
mcwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 02:03 PM   #3724

Seems like no plans for Malaysian bank cards like maybank cimb to on board apple pay yet?
sansanjikikut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2019, 03:33 AM   #3725

Anyone can help..? I have 1 DBS Visa Debit Card and 1 POSB Passion debit(master) card that want to use for mrt/bus using Apple Pay, both cannot add to Apple Pay. The DBS visa donít give me the option to verify through text msg, call them they say will do something but still cannot. Then the POSB one I choose verify by text msg but never receive any msg, deleted and add back card many time already. Call DBS so many time still cannot solve. My OCBC cards no issue. Anyone got same experience before?
IceWater_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2019, 10:09 AM   #3726

Anyone can help..? I have 1 DBS Visa Debit Card and 1 POSB Passion debit(master) card that want to use for mrt/bus using Apple Pay, both cannot add to Apple Pay. The DBS visa donít give me the option to verify through text msg, call them they say will do something but still cannot. Then the POSB one I choose verify by text msg but never receive any msg, deleted and add back card many time already. Call DBS so many time still cannot solve. My OCBC cards no issue. Anyone got same experience before?
Have you confirm with bank that the your personal information like address and contact number is correct?
maxheadroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2019, 12:12 PM   #3727

Have you confirm with bank that the your personal information like address and contact number is correct?
Yes I receive all other sms otp from them including otp for online purchase and ibanking stuff
Old 18-04-2019, 03:18 PM   #3728

Guys I tried this! No need die die scan with the back of your phone facing the reader pad. Screen facing the pad also can!
fitzerspaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2019, 06:31 PM   #3729

I kena this before from scb.... called them a and the technical team got back to me saying my cards have been tagged to too many historical devices (mobiles, ipads etc....) something like our corporate webmails where it can be tagged to 10 devices. SCB say they will clear all the cards for me to start again.... which works eventually.

Not sure if its the same for dbs case.

Anyone can help..? I have 1 DBS Visa Debit Card and 1 POSB Passion debit(master) card that want to use for mrt/bus using Apple Pay, both cannot add to Apple Pay. The DBS visa don’t give me the option to verify through text msg, call them they say will do something but still cannot. Then the POSB one I choose verify by text msg but never receive any msg, deleted and add back card many time already. Call DBS so many time still cannot solve. My OCBC cards no issue. Anyone got same experience before?
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2019, 06:55 PM   #3730

I kena this before from scb.... called them a and the technical team got back to me saying my cards have been tagged to too many historical devices (mobiles, ipads etc....) something like our corporate webmails where it can be tagged to 10 devices. SCB say they will clear all the cards for me to start again.... which works eventually.

Not sure if its the same for dbs case.
Hmm I just got my cards less than 1 month. But I did add and remove a lot of times due to can not verify and try all over again.
Old 20-04-2019, 04:14 AM   #3731

Guys I tried this! No need die die scan with the back of your phone facing the reader pad. Screen facing the pad also can!
Don't really see a point for this as it is always better to verify if transaction went through (Done shows up on screen)
sansanjikikut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 08:56 AM   #3732

Don't really see a point for this as it is always better to verify if transaction went through (Done shows up on screen)
And must make sure the blue reader got beep. I got once my google pay got the done transaction but reader didn't beep, in the end never register
ianene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #3733

When is Visa available?
mcwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 06:18 PM   #3734
Supremacy Member

When is Visa available?
When it is, you'll see it on advertisements everywhere
shawniiex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:08 PM   #3735

Talking Yesh!

Compared to pilot test, it's pretty obvious there is less error. I believe there was an update on their software and hardware.

Out of 100 tries, I will still get one or two errors boarding or alighting buses. For MRT gantries, so far it's 100 out of 100, it will read accurately. Seems like buses readers still need some small minor tweaks.

I still hope they will tweak further to be something similar to Suica (Japan EZ Link card)which I use when I am in Japan. It's one step less without authentication. All I need to do is tap on my Apple Watch or iPhone on the gantry reader or bus reader. Plus if I want to top up my Suica, I can do it directly on my Apple Watch or top up at any 711 shop or top up machine which is available at any train station.

does it improve a lot compared to the mobile pilot test?
no more error and red lights?
tricolours is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.