HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2019, 06:21 PM   #3736

Compared to pilot test, it's pretty obvious there is less error. I believe there was an update on their software and hardware.

Out of 100 tries, I will still get one or two errors boarding or alighting buses. For MRT gantries, so far it's 100 out of 100, it will read accurately. Seems like buses readers still need some small minor tweaks.
yes. i have also resumed using iphone and watch recently after public launch.
confirmed no more bad experiences like the mobile pilot test.
now i can just anyhow tap on the mrt readers and get green light 100% successful rate.

I still hope they will tweak further to be something similar to Suica (Japan EZ Link card)which I use when I am in Japan. It's one step less without authentication. All I need to do is tap on my Apple Watch or iPhone on the gantry reader or bus reader. Plus if I want to top up my Suica, I can do it directly on my Apple Watch or top up at any 711 shop or top up machine which is available at any train station.
this suica implementation is at apple, not simplygo.
apple needs to add support for CEPAS then only we can use ezlink/flashpay like suica.
or follow samsung pay to have "transit card" option then we can tap credit card without authentication.
https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/05/...-mass-transit/
outer92 likes this.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:20 PM   #3737

Talking

Thanks for the enlightenment. Whoever it is, just hope we can just use this cashless payment as simplified as possible. I know it's not a simple process as it caters to the masses (which needs loads of time to consider all aspects) before deploying.

We are already at the 21st century and I do hope all these technology can help us (not to be more lazy.....HAHAHA) but more efficient and convenient.

apple needs to add support for CEPAS then only we can use ezlink/flashpay like suica.
or follow samsung pay to have "transit card" option then we can tap credit card without authentication.
tricolours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:14 PM   #3738

Ez-link would need to work on adopting the right standards first.
Before working with Apple to add it to their platforms.

Apple doesn't control the cards issued by Ez-link

To quote Tamago.

To do that, CEPAS needs to transform from an offline stored value system to an online one, with balances updated and retrievable from the cloud. After that, Apple and CEPAS can work together to emulate the CEPAS card into the Express Transit framework.

Last edited by PetPet; 06-05-2019 at 08:18 PM..
PetPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:28 PM   #3739

To do that, CEPAS needs to transform from an offline stored value system to an online one, with balances updated and retrievable from the cloud. After that, Apple and CEPAS can work together to emulate the CEPAS card into the Express Transit framework.
Forget about CEPAS le bah..

Only hope now is the Mastercard/Visa EMV method
i.Singaporean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:17 PM   #3740

Forget about CEPAS le bah..

Only hope now is the Mastercard/Visa EMV method
We shouldn’t. Students still leverage on these physical cards to have concessions etc. CEPAS improving benefits everyone.

The smart watch issued to kids in schools could probably hold a virtualised CEPAS card.

One can imagine that CEPAS and their campus access card get merged into one. This way they can easily badge in and out of campus without the need of a physical card.
PetPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.