 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

shamuslee

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think eventually Citibank will accept both Samsung Pay and Apple Pay bah.

maybe they got some exclusive deal liked AMEX for 1 month or something.

i dun see much difference in the backend system they have to install to use such services. then again what do i know.
can't wait can't wait. :crazy:

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried it with their iPad yet?:crazy:

ahaha ipad tap on the device soo big ahah

to me iphone tap stil ok watch tap ahha unless i am ok wearoing a watch aha with a smartphone now a days wearing a watch is extra
i only wear a watch when on my offday whch is once per week only

othrd days damm busy 12hrs shift

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha. watch more discreet.

my 6s+ so big. conscious of ppl around me. HAHA

be more man ahah take out phone ahah
and say high noon ahha and pewpew and tap tap and beep and receipt came out n be proud ahha

manualvin

Reaction score
Purchase ntuc finest hahha slower but still get passed

Apply pay ftw
At water front mall

Make purchase & make another purchase hahahs

Waiting for Citibank to join Apple Pay

Apply pay addicted like to see the Apple Pay pop up & scan Touch ID hahahs design UI make it looks so chio

I have both apple pay and samsungpay, i do like how the card looks much better on my samsung than iphone and overall UI i think on samsung it looks better. I do like the trans history listing on apple pay in terms of the description which i think was quite well done.

Payment experience no diff just before and after in terms of fingerprint authentication. I do think the consumer choice on android phone is much better due to the ezlink service enabled on my nfc sim card as well which basically means carry 1 phone can go literally card less.

Oh and the cashier face when mst on samsungpay works, priceless

:)

melvinchen

Master Member
Reaction score
I have both apple pay and samsungpay, i do like how the card looks much better on my samsung than iphone and overall UI i think on samsung it looks better. I do like the trans history listing on apple pay in terms of the description which i think was quite well done.

Payment experience no diff just before and after in terms of fingerprint authentication. I do think the consumer choice on android phone is much better due to the ezlink service enabled on my nfc sim card as well which basically means carry 1 phone can go literally card less.

That means you have a US issued credit card?

AnDyLe0

Reaction score

i like samsung pay for it's completeness - nfc, mst and ezlink nfc.
but i think samsung pay u need to wake up phone, swipe up to activate cards, then fingerprint then tap phone. (i saw from demo videos, not sure though.)
it would be better if can auto wake up when placed near reader.

another thing is the nfc antenna, iphone's design seems better. for apple pay u just need to point the top of iphone to the reader. this seems easier.
for samsung u need to tap the back cover which is more difficult.

as for UI, i saw the google pay ad, i like it's UI and animations.
and google pay ends with a loud beautiful tone.
but google pay does not have fingerprint verification, not as secure as others.

manualvin

Reaction score
i like samsung pay for it's completeness - nfc, mst and ezlink nfc.
but i think samsung pay u need to wake up phone, swipe up to activate cards, then fingerprint then tap phone. (i saw from demo videos, not sure though.)
it would be better if can auto wake up when placed near reader.

another thing is the nfc antenna, iphone's design seems better. for apple pay u just need to point the top of iphone to the reader. this seems easier.
for samsung u need to tap the back cover which is more difficult.

as for UI, i saw the google pay ad, i like it's UI and animations.
and google pay ends with a loud beautiful tone.
but google pay does not have fingerprint verification, not as secure as others.
Thats correct, samsungpay you have to wake up the phone with a swipe up action but in applepay you have to do that anyway to toggle and select another card to pay, i find myself choosing another card which i have 4 cards in applepay now so i dont see the big difference here.

I didnt realize applepay sweet spot is top of phone though most of the time i place the same location no difference, im using iphone 6 which is smaller than my samsung phone. Shouldnt a bigger phone have more space to put the antenna so that its more sensitive?

PetPet

Reaction score
Ergonomics.
It's a one handed operation.
Place finger on Touch ID.
Move tip of phone near NFC reader.
Done

karenwoods

Reaction score
Used the Apple Watch to pay at the Swiss Butchery. The outlet does not even say Apple Pay but Paywave worked for the Apple Watch. Hooray!

Fattyboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am slow but I just saw on today's straits times advert using Apple pay with uob cards, there is no $100 limt.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's for contactless payment mode. If u use the physical card for visa paywave example, the $100 limit remain. But if you use apple pay, no $100 limit.

Huh??!! There is a limit of $100 unless the respective banks remove the restriction for Apple Pay. Apple Pay is just a platform that make your card into digital format and follow the respective country banking rules and regulations, just that we do not need to carry a physical card and comes with a lot of possibilities. In future we can even add driving license, our NRIC, transport card, our rewards cards etc if government and respective companies support it.

So many people still confuse with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Android Pay, Nets FlashPay, Paywave and Paypass. Really lol.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.