Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2016, 11:54 PM   #1201
Greater Supremacy Member

another way is buy a SE ahaha
as small as a CC card size aha
SE a bit too small. bought it to try few weeks back and returned it after awhile.
kenchi likes this.
Old 29-05-2016, 01:01 AM   #1202

Anyone knows how do we test if the NFC chip in the iphone is faulty ar?

Apple Pay doesn't work on my iphone somehow.... It keeps showing "Hold Near Reader to Pay"... Seems like the phone cant connect to the reader..

My apple watch works very well with Apple Pay though...
benlau1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 02:15 AM   #1203

Tried at a restaurant and at Starbucks yesterday, Apple Pay using Apple Watch & OCBC 365 CC - worked flawlessly.
bluegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 03:29 AM   #1204
Greater Supremacy Member

Anyone knows how do we test if the NFC chip in the iphone is faulty ar?

Apple Pay doesn't work on my iphone somehow.... It keeps showing "Hold Near Reader to Pay"... Seems like the phone cant connect to the reader..

My apple watch works very well with Apple Pay though...
think have to send in for service if it is a recurring problem. let the engineers test and confirm.
kenchi likes this.
Old 29-05-2016, 03:43 AM   #1205
Supremacy Member

now need to wiat for others banks to join in the apple pay gang

agreed it get addcited wnant find a reason to spend n look for paywave device to pay ahah when pay
Old 29-05-2016, 08:00 AM   #1206
Master Member

if u don't have a preferred card, u can always use double-click method to change card.
actually there are 2 ways to use apple pay, some ppl may find 2nd method easier.

1st method is to tap your phone to wake it up, then proceed with touch id.
or u can also prepare your finger on home button first, then tap your phone and wait for it to wake up.

2nd method u can double-click the home button with your touchid finger. when the screen wakes up, touch id is already verified (because u use the registered finger to double-click). u will see it display "hold near reader to pay"... then just proceed to tap the phone.
if u wanna change card, just tap and tap another card until u see "pay with touch id", then proceed with touch id and tap phone.

for those who have big phone and small hand, or when u carry lots of bags, 2nd method may be easier because u can complete the touch id first, then slowly tap phone.
We need to tap the phone to wake it first for both methods?

Think someone mentioned it will wake by itself when you place the phone near the terminal.

Can anyone confirmed this?

Last edited by lightningflash; 29-05-2016 at 09:34 AM..
lightningflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 08:48 AM   #1207

We need to tape the phone to wake it first for both methods?

Think someone mentioned it will wake by itself when you place the phone near the terminal.

Can anyone confirmed this?
I believe you can set it to "double press home button" at lock screen to show Apple Pay, then authenticate first before bringing it to the terminal.

I prefer the other method. Yes, the phone will auto change to Apple Pay mode when it's near the contactless terminal, then you authenticate with Touch ID to make payment.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 09:35 AM   #1208
Master Member

I believe you can set it to "double press home button" at lock screen to show Apple Pay, then authenticate first before bringing it to the terminal.

I prefer the other method. Yes, the phone will auto change to Apple Pay mode when it's near the contactless terminal, then you authenticate with Touch ID to make payment.
Thanks for the clarification
lightningflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 12:00 PM   #1209
Master Member

Ytd tried 3 places (mac, 7-11, giant) with apple watch n failed. But no problem with phone.
Today went to del the card from my watch n re-add.
No problem at mac paying with watch liao.
hahahahaha
Bro you need to make sure your Apple Watch is unlocked otherwise it will not work. Secondly slow down sometimes the NFC reader takes slightly longer to read the information on the watch.
Old 29-05-2016, 12:13 PM   #1210

Tried Apple Pay for the last few days Liao. Every time I tell the cashier pay wave without showing any credit card in my hand except my phone they looked very skeptical.

Then when the transaction go through they will be like did we just get scam? What did he scan?
spidercyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 12:15 PM   #1211
Greater Supremacy Member

now need to wiat for others banks to join in the apple pay gang

agreed it get addcited wnant find a reason to spend n look for paywave device to pay ahah when pay
citibank!

yea, i always go supermarket buy rubbish to applepay! so fun
Old 29-05-2016, 12:53 PM   #1212

Apple Pay making people spend more just to get the thrill of using it. Well done Apple
sqgator likes this.
karenwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 01:42 PM   #1213

You must have gotten funny looks. Retailers will catch on eventually.

Tried Apple Pay for the last few days Liao. Every time I tell the cashier pay wave without showing any credit card in my hand except my phone they looked very skeptical.

Then when the transaction go through they will be like did we just get scam? What did he scan?
Odessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 01:51 PM   #1214

My first attempt at Mos Burger* ended in a rejected transaction. Then I realized that the FlashPay-enabled EZYLink card, strapped to the back of my phone, was probably interfering with the payment machine.

Tried it again at McDonald's later, this time without the offending card, and payment went through instantly.

I don't know how but I hope they'll allow Apple Pay on public transport. That'll mean one less card to carry.

*Postscript, I was mistaken about Mos having PayWave. Confused their payment machine with NETS FlashPay..

Last edited by Odessa; 29-05-2016 at 11:43 PM..
Odessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 02:09 PM   #1215

Tried Apple Pay at Saizeriya. It worked. Was a bit slow (about 1 min) but the regular paywave transaction (person in front of me used PW) took about the same amount of time, so Apple Pay was working fine.

Last edited by chris888222; 29-05-2016 at 02:12 PM..
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.