 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mTjoZzh.jpg

In japan now
Android pay and Sammmu pay in japan is rare only saw android pay in japan airport and Apple Pay is more workable for japan Iphone version as it use felica NFC

Even got Ali pay in japan

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah now DBS play b@stard already. Increase minimum amt to $10 for in order for $2 cashback at food Republic

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Citibank SG still not willing to hop on Apple Pay after so long. What the heck are they thinking.

desperadoz

Reaction score
hey everyone,
i'm trying to use apple pay on my iphone 6s plus so i can get 4mpd via my OCBC titanium rewards card.. but it doesn't work.. anyone can figure out what's wrong?
basically i can successfully add my card into my Wallet. then when i wanna pay i use my touch ID to activate right. it will say Hold Near Reader To Pay. and nothing will happen. no error message or anything.. it's almost like the reader can't detect my phone. in the end stand there waving my phone like an idiot until the transaction time out. tried it at a few different places all cannot. restarted my phone and deleted and added my card also cannot. also tried taking my phone out of its casing. no use. mine is a relatively new iphone 6S plus. do u guys know what's wrong? my card has been activated already..

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
e place has to support wireless payments like Visa paywave/MasterCard paypass...

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
hey everyone,
i'm trying to use apple pay on my iphone 6s plus so i can get 4mpd via my OCBC titanium rewards card.. but it doesn't work.. anyone can figure out what's wrong?
basically i can successfully add my card into my Wallet. then when i wanna pay i use my touch ID to activate right. it will say Hold Near Reader To Pay. and nothing will happen. no error message or anything.. it's almost like the reader can't detect my phone. in the end stand there waving my phone like an idiot until the transaction time out. tried it at a few different places all cannot. restarted my phone and deleted and added my card also cannot. also tried taking my phone out of its casing. no use. mine is a relatively new iphone 6S plus. do u guys know what's wrong? my card has been activated already..

It's working. Where did you use it on? To confirm if yours work, can go NTUC.

desperadoz

Reaction score
It's working. Where did you use it on? To confirm if yours work, can go NTUC.

i tried sheng siong, world of sports and a few other restaurants that told me they support Apple pay. all cannot leh. just wave my phone there and nothing happens

desperadoz

Reaction score
is your phone placed near the NFC terminal?

yesss.. walao i not stupid leh don't like that leh 😂

anyway i fixed it already! i went to Settings -> Mobile data and enabled mobile data for "Settings" and can liao! and now my "Settings" used 79.4kb of data after that 1 apple pay transaction so i'm pretty sure that was the one that fixed it haha

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score
yesss.. walao i not stupid leh don't like that leh 😂

anyway i fixed it already! i went to Settings -> Mobile data and enabled mobile data for "Settings" and can liao! and now my "Settings" used 79.4kb of data after that 1 apple pay transaction so i'm pretty sure that was the one that fixed it haha

oh.. so apple pay need data?
wow that's something new.. :s11:

desperadoz

Reaction score
oh.. so apple pay need data?
wow that's something new.. :s11:

hm i searched online and it's not supposed to need data.. so maybe it was cause i filled up the remaining boxes under my Settings -> Wallet & Apple Pay -> Transaction defaults. previously my shipping address, email and phone were blank and i filled it in..

either one was the one that worked i guess.. o well.. i'm just glad its working hahaha

PongRareRare

Reaction score
Confirm not the data enabled for setting, I don't have it enabled from the start and have been using it

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i hope you know the nfc antenna is on the top of the phone instead of being near the apple logo behind.. :D:D

anyway, apple pay will only generate a fixed number of tokens each time, you cannot forever use apple pay without an internet access..

i.Singaporean

Reaction score
i hope you know the nfc antenna is on the top of the phone instead of being near the apple logo behind.. :D:D

anyway, apple pay will only generate a fixed number of tokens each time, you cannot forever use apple pay without an internet access..

Do you have a source for this?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you have a source for this?

"In transactions, Apple Pay will not only use a cryptogram, but a token as well. Lambert explained that the networks — Visa, MasterCard, and American Express — will generate the tokens which, in the case of Apple Pay, will be a 16-digit number that looks exactly like a credit card number, but it generated dynamically."

http://bankinnovation.net/2014/09/heres-how-the-security-behind-apple-pay-will-really-work/

there are many more explanations out there in the internet. Basically tokenisation needs internet access to verify with the bank before being able to be generated. you can still apple pay in areas where there is no mobile network, but the number of transaction will be limited. Limited to how many transactions, well perhaps you can find out for me. :D

i.Singaporean

Reaction score
"In transactions, Apple Pay will not only use a cryptogram, but a token as well. Lambert explained that the networks — Visa, MasterCard, and American Express — will generate the tokens which, in the case of Apple Pay, will be a 16-digit number that looks exactly like a credit card number, but it generated dynamically."

http://bankinnovation.net/2014/09/heres-how-the-security-behind-apple-pay-will-really-work/

there are many more explanations out there in the internet. Basically tokenisation needs internet access to verify with the bank before being able to be generated. you can still apple pay in areas where there is no mobile network, but the number of transaction will be limited. Limited to how many transactions, well perhaps you can find out for me. :D

I see..

I was thinking maybe the tokens can generated by the device offline one-way for that particular card number but I guess not

"Over and above that, it's likely that Apple Pay tokens are not mathematically generated, which is to say that they can't be decrypted back into a credit card number because encryption isn't even part of the equation."

https://www.engadget.com/2014/10/02/apple-pay-an-in-depth-look-at-whats-behind-the-secure-payment/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.