Like Tree314Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2016, 05:37 PM   #1456
Supremacy Member

Hoot one more time and tap tap apply pay before the promo ends

Still waiting for Citibank to join the gang
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:55 PM   #1457

Tried at Popular bookstore at Bedok Mall. It works. The cashier was telling me it might not work because the management was still doing a beta test, but it got through nonetheless.
tried and accepted

han’s restaurants.
dunkin donuts
koi cafes
gong cha
famous amos
Sushi express too...
Thanks so much guys for your entries! I have added them into the list of merchants and retail stores that accepts Apple Pay!

https://myapplesingapore.wordpress.c...for-apple-pay/
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:04 PM   #1458

Thanks so much guys for your entries! I have added them into the list of merchants and retail stores that accepts Apple Pay!

Worked at Saizeriya too with my DBS Visa debit.

Wow, you manage that website? Nice job!
chris888222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:30 PM   #1459

Worked at Saizeriya too with my DBS Visa debit.

Wow, you manage that website? Nice job!
Thanks again! I have added it to the list.

Thanks and yeap, I'm managing that website which I hope it can be a community effort~

tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #1460

A few days ago I had a post about my issue with OCBC 365 card not showing the transactions on my phone, and I think I figured out why some of my transactions didn't appear.

For OCBC, it seems like they have only enabled transactions made via your phone to appear. If you also have an apple watch (which I do, and used to pay for those transactions that didn't appear), payments made using that apple watch will not appear. As apple pay on your phone and apple pay on your apple watch have different device account number (security feature) even they are the same card, only payments made through your iphone will appear.

This is unlike AMEX, where ALL transactions made by the AMEX card will appear. I paid for a dinner via the old fashioned way and was surprised that the notification for it appeared.

So it depends on the bank's policies. I honestly prefer AMEX's way it's easier to check past transactions...
GrapeApe likes this.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #1461
Supremacy Member

Thanks again! I have added it to the list.

Thanks and yeap, I'm managing that website which I hope it can be a community effort~

add bengawan solo too for apple pay too
Old 08-06-2016, 07:54 PM   #1462
Master Member

Nice. That will useful.
lightningflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:28 PM   #1463

as i have pointed out previously, popular bookstore officially rejects payments by phone. so i think u should not include it in the supported list.
(there's one post in Samsung Pay thread by another forumer, and one post in this thread that confirmed this.)
some branches or cashiers may not enforce it, but it's official that their management decided to ban phone payment at the moment.

theoretically all paywave/paypass readers can process apple pay... the problem is that some shops may decide not to accept it when they see u taking out your phone.

i think it's good to list out shops that officially reject apple pay. since now more and more shops realize that ppl start using apple pay samsung pay on their payment terminals, some shops may start rejecting phone payment until they work out with banks.
it's good to have the list so that we can avoid using apple pay at those shops.

Last edited by AnDyLe0; 08-06-2016 at 08:38 PM..
AnDyLe0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:35 PM   #1464
Supremacy Member

Actually buy itunes gift card is for what ah? Other than the discount. its the same as purchasing app straight from itunes itself right?
Old 08-06-2016, 09:26 PM   #1465

as i have pointed out previously, popular bookstore officially rejects payments by phone. so i think u should not include it in the supported list.
(there's one post in Samsung Pay thread by another forumer, and one post in this thread that confirmed this.)
some branches or cashiers may not enforce it, but it's official that their management decided to ban phone payment at the moment.

theoretically all paywave/paypass readers can process apple pay... the problem is that some shops may decide not to accept it when they see u taking out your phone.

i think it's good to list out shops that officially reject apple pay. since now more and more shops realize that ppl start using apple pay samsung pay on their payment terminals, some shops may start rejecting phone payment until they work out with banks.
it's good to have the list so that we can avoid using apple pay at those shops.
What is their reason for rejecting payments by phone?
falseflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #1466
Arch-Supremacy Member

i believe its due to their own accounting processes.

apple pay or samsung pay might generate a different transaction code which might cause inconveniences to their own book keeping bah.

they can't reject for long i think, eventually the banks will hound them for explanation once the pool of customers being angry gets larger..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #1467
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually buy itunes gift card is for what ah? Other than the discount. its the same as purchasing app straight from itunes itself right?
now buying iTunes gift card got 10% or 5% discount, can't remember.

then you can use apple pay to buy your contents lor..
jonnieboy likes this.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #1468
Master Member

I was rejected by the cashier at Bras Basah Popular as she said Paywave only works with card. I was puzzled and wanted to ask her to let me try but didn't insist in the end. Paid with my Watch at Nex Popular a few days ago and it was fine. Seems like the management needs to standardize the process.
Kiddream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:51 PM   #1469

some apple pay users previously mentioned that their receipt did not print out cash rebates or cashback (eg. some cc have 3% or 5% cashback when used at some shops) when using apple pay.
i think it's this reason... although the reader can still process apple pay, but may not handle cashback for specific cards correctly. so they claim that their readers cannot "fully" support apple pay yet although the transaction can pass thro but the system cannot print out the correct rebates and u cannot redeem the points on the spot (some paywave/paypass terminals allow u to redeem and offset bill straightaway).
Old 08-06-2016, 09:58 PM   #1470

Hoot one more time and tap tap apply pay before the promo ends

Still waiting for Citibank to join the gang
any expiry date on the credits?thought only accept cash or nets for purchase of itunes card

Last edited by petty blue; 08-06-2016 at 10:00 PM..
petty blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.