HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree313Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2016, 10:10 PM   #1471

I was rejected by the cashier at Bras Basah Popular as she said Paywave only works with card. I was puzzled and wanted to ask her to let me try but didn't insist in the end. Paid with my Watch at Nex Popular a few days ago and it was fine. Seems like the management needs to standardize the process.
is your card one of those cashback type and whether the receipt prints out the rebates amount?
my guess is either some cashiers do not enforce it, or maybe some branches already started beta testing the new system to support apple pay. so other branches not in beta testing still reject apple pay. just a guess.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:15 PM   #1472

as i have pointed out previously, popular bookstore officially rejects payments by phone. so i think u should not include it in the supported list.
(there's one post in Samsung Pay thread by another forumer, and one post in this thread that confirmed this.)
some branches or cashiers may not enforce it, but it's official that their management decided to ban phone payment at the moment.

theoretically all paywave/paypass readers can process apple pay... the problem is that some shops may decide not to accept it when they see u taking out your phone.

i think it's good to list out shops that officially reject apple pay. since now more and more shops realize that ppl start using apple pay samsung pay on their payment terminals, some shops may start rejecting phone payment until they work out with banks.
it's good to have the list so that we can avoid using apple pay at those shops.
I have updated the list and updated it accordingly from the list of merchants/retail stores made with Apple Pay.

https://myapplesingapore.wordpress.c...for-apple-pay/

And also mentioned, have made a new list of unsuccessful and/or rejected transactions made with Apple Pay.

https://myapplesingapore.wordpress.c...retail-stores/

tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:24 PM   #1473
Arch-Supremacy Member

just now went to nex challenger, cant find the paywave machine so I just pay by card.

end up the cashier tap my card on the machine which is placed very inside the counter no need signature also. The machine is so inside that it's not possible for me to reach (so not possible to tap my phone since I cant unlock the phone)
quekky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:38 AM   #1474
High Supremacy Member

just now went to nex challenger, cant find the paywave machine so I just pay by card.

end up the cashier tap my card on the machine which is placed very inside the counter no need signature also. The machine is so inside that it's not possible for me to reach (so not possible to tap my phone since I cant unlock the phone)
Huh you can double tap home button with ur fingerprint, and your phone is ready to be tapped if you pass it to the cashier (don't need ur fingerprint again).

That's what I was saying with regards to the position of the reader at some cashiers/ counters.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:37 AM   #1475
Supremacy Member

Nope I sign vs cc card no issue too
But I admit some of the cashier is clueless even say this promo is not and only for value club in the end I insist I say it it she chedk and say sorry

Unless u buy and don't activate it why worry of expired date or u plan to buy for gift

Usually people will activate straight away

any expiry date on the credits?thought only accept cash or nets for purchase of itunes card

Last edited by kenchi; 09-06-2016 at 08:44 AM..
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:52 AM   #1476

Nope I sign vs cc card no issue too
But I admit some of the cashier is clueless even say this promo is not and only for value club in the end I insist I say it it she chedk and say sorry

Unless u buy and don't activate it why worry of expired date or u plan to buy for gift

Usually people will activate straight away

sorry for the slight off-topic. is there a easy way to change the store country after activating a itune credit? i recently added credit for the first time while i was in the US store and now I can't switch store because there is still credit inside.
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:08 AM   #1477
Arch-Supremacy Member

sorry for the slight off-topic. is there a easy way to change the store country after activating a itune credit? i recently added credit for the first time while i was in the US store and now I can't switch store because there is still credit inside.
just sign out e us acct n sign in again with e other country's acct...
szeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:24 AM   #1478
Supremacy Member

Ya juSt sign out your Us or SG Acc to Swtich Acc
But if u got credit inside u can't change region unless u on a cc card payment type lor

For me I got credit on multiple region Acc as I use their specific if service and appls

just sign out e us acct n sign in again with e other country's acct...
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:24 AM   #1479

some apple pay users previously mentioned that their receipt did not print out cash rebates or cashback (eg. some cc have 3% or 5% cashback when used at some shops) when using apple pay.
i think it's this reason... although the reader can still process apple pay, but may not handle cashback for specific cards correctly. so they claim that their readers cannot "fully" support apple pay yet although the transaction can pass thro but the system cannot print out the correct rebates and u cannot redeem the points on the spot (some paywave/paypass terminals allow u to redeem and offset bill straightaway).
If that is the case, why not put up a sign at the counter informing customers that payment by phone will not qualify for rebates/cashback instead of rejecting payment by phone entirely?
falseflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:53 PM   #1480

If that is the case, why not put up a sign at the counter informing customers that payment by phone will not qualify for rebates/cashback instead of rejecting payment by phone entirely?
ask them don't ask me.
maybe u can go there and argue with them
anyway this is banking stuff not that simple.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:22 PM   #1481

If put sign, some will make noise say confusing.
Some will claim never see sign and complain why no rebate.
Some will say signage not big / obvious enough
Some will say popular system lousy
Etc

I think they know they can't please everyone so just blanket ban.
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:39 PM   #1482

I have bought from 2 Popular bookstores using apple pay before, without any issue.

Popular at AMK jubilee with amex

Popular at Toa Payoh interchange with OCBC.

I think it's more of the cashier being clueless.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:45 PM   #1483

I have bought from 2 Popular bookstores using apple pay before, without any issue.

Popular at AMK jubilee with amex

Popular at Toa Payoh interchange with OCBC.

I think it's more of the cashier being clueless.
Same here at Bedok mall with DBS. The cashier did mention that the management was carrying out a beta test, so yeah she knew what it was.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:00 AM   #1484

Ya juSt sign out your Us or SG Acc to Swtich Acc
But if u got credit inside u can't change region unless u on a cc card payment type lor

For me I got credit on multiple region Acc as I use their specific if service and appls

that is really a burden, i guess i will just spend it before switching.
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:34 AM   #1485
Arch-Supremacy Member

that is really a burden, i guess i will just spend it before switching.
can switch la. I got credit inside my us acct. I dun have problem switching back to sg/jp acct pls
szeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.