 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

PetPet

Reaction score
FAQ

According to a user, registration of new users has ended on Aug 31
Using  Pay on Singapore's Transportation Network
You'll need to sign up for an ABT account here — https://www.transitlink.com.sg/abtmobile/

If you've already got an ABT account. All you need to do is to simply register the same card you've added onto your  Pay with ABT.
Then head down to any three of the transit link ticket office to get your virtual cards registered during this trial period. You'll need to flash this poster to be eligible. If you have an Apple Watch and an iPhone, you'll need to tell the Staff at the transit link office to enrol you twice

For more information please read the following — https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/Download/Important Notice.pdf

Official FAQ can be found here!
https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/Download/Frequently Asked Questions.pdf

Can I board the bus/train with  Pay on my iPhone and then alight using another device/physical card? (or vice versa)
No.

How to get your rewards points (NTUC link points etc)
Earning Link points with Apple Pay

UOB Trial starts this March!
http://uob.com.sg/personal/cards/account-based-ticketing.html

Set up and Usage

Supported banks
  • UOB
  • DBS
  • POSB
  • Stan Chart
  • OCBC
  • American Express

Is Apple Pay Secure?
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203027

How to set up
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204506

How to use
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201239

Supported Devices
  • iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE
  • Apple Watch paired with iPhone 5 or later
  • iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 (In App only)

I can't add my card, help
  1. Check if your bank is supported
  2. Check if your card is supported, as of now (25/5) corporate cards are not supported
  3. Check if your device is supported
  4. Remove and add your card again
  5. Still not working? You'll have to contact your card issuer

Last edited:

polabear_inc

Reaction score
Apple Pay in Singapore? [Visa and Mastercard now supported]

Recent updated 8.1 for iPhone 6 Plus should allow Apple Pay, however I do not see the function available after update. Anyone can help?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recent updated 8.1 for iPhone 6 Plus should allow Apple Pay, however I do not see the function available after update. Anyone can help?

 Pay is only available in the states for now. Just pray that it will eventually comes to SG.

xiaobai1

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can expect Apple pay to come next year when another new iphone appears

chris888222

Reaction score
I think process in sinkie is very bureaucratic... Will take at least a year before  Pay launches here.

We don't even have retail store, enhanced map features, and how long did it take for us to have our very own iTunes Store? I am not going to have high hopes, especially when this thing you need extra regulation from sinkie gahmen.

Alpha0

Master Member
Reaction score
By the time it is ready , it will be 6s and 6s+

**** this gahment.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

**** this gahment.

Well it could also be  choice to launch it worldwide for iPhone 6+. Don't blame the government for everything.

wharzhee

Reaction score
i dont see the logic/link between Apple, the bureaucracy, and the government.

Are u trying to say that with another government, you will get your Apple pay sooner?
Are u trying to say that without the current bureaucracy, you will get your Apple pay sooner?

Are u trying to say with changes in all those, you will get your Apple pay now despite Apple saying that it will ONLY launch in the US for now.

All I see is that, with our CURRENT SITUATION, Singapore is one of the very few countries to be in the first wave for the latest iPhone release.

Please, before you do these linking/ranting - use a bit of your brain power.
I'm sorry to say, the replies in this thread is one of the stupidest thing I've read this morning.

Last edited:

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
major banks need to jump onboard. e credit card networks like Amex, master n visa all already onboard. qn is have  made an approach to e banks yet? SG very small. probably not yet.

xiaobai1

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Are u trying to say that with another government, you will get your Apple pay sooner?
Are u trying to say that without the current bureaucracy, you will get your Apple pay sooner?

Are u trying to say with changes in all those, you will get your Apple pay now despite Apple saying that it will ONLY launch in the US for now.

All I see is that, with our CURRENT SITUATION, Singapore is one of the very few countries to be in the first wave for the latest iPhone release.

I'm sorry to say, the replies in this thread is one of the stupidest thing I've read this morning.

Well that's a sweeping statement to say every reply in this thread is stupid? I am greatly offended by that seeing that I only commented that it would be out most likely next year. Was that a very stupid reply? If so pray tell me what a genius like you predict Apple pay will appear in Singapore?

It's always easier to insult than to give constructive feedback. After all when someone can't win an argument, he resort to insults.

wharzhee

Reaction score
Well that's a sweeping statement to say every reply in this thread is stupid? I am greatly offended by that seeing that I only commented that it would be out most likely next year. Was that a very stupid reply? If so pray tell me what a genius like you predict Apple pay will appear in Singapore?

It's always easier to insult than to give constructive feedback. After all when someone can't win an argument, he resort to insults.

if u've read what i've wrote, u'd realize it's not directed at u.

chris888222

Reaction score

Has Singapore been the first wave of countries to launch products all the time? No. It's only recently.
Has Singapore had its own iTunes Store from day one? No. It's also quite recent. These kinds of things need approval from IDA, MDA and other relevant authorities before they can be released in Singapore, and it takes time.

Apple Pay will definitely need some level of approval by the Singapore government or MAS before it can be collaborated with our local banks. Besides, our major local bank also has some sort of affiliation with the government.

As far as I know, the Singapore government takes into account of monetary issues very seriously, because our economy is quite different from the other countries. You sound as though we are flaming at the government just for the sake of doing it. I am very grateful that the government is extremely concerned about the Singapore economy as well as its money flows, but this will ultimately lead to Apple Pay being delayed in Singapore, if Apple even wants to enter Singapore in the first place.

You may correct me if I have any mistakes, but please... Don't call people without brains. It's ok if you think I lack knowledge, and even I can admit that I'm no expert, but we can definitely learn from each other. No need for harsh terms.

kenzone7

Reaction score

**** this gahment.

Apple Pay is available ONLY in the US for now, and in limited outlets. I'm not a fan of our government, but how is it the Spore govt's fault that Apple Pay is not here yet??? Even Europe and Canada are not on Apple Pay.

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everything people blame government. No job blame government, lazy also blame government. Come on.

cheek_ang

Reaction score
Imagine u go ntuc. Buy one packet of drinks. Cashier Scan your item. U bring out your phone n wave in front of the receiver. The phone lights up. U put your finger to the fingerprint scanner. Done. Android has NFC for a long while. Apple made it sexy....

xiaobai1

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Imagine u go ntuc. Buy one packet of drinks. Cashier Scan your item. U bring out your phone n wave in front of the receiver. The phone lights up. U put your finger to the fingerprint scanner. Done. Android has NFC for a long while. Apple made it sexy....

Android has it for sometime but still you can't do it at NTUC right? It all boils down to how dedicated the company is to make it happen. The way I see it Apple is kinda dedicated by wooing the different banks and companies

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Android has it for sometime but still you can't do it at NTUC right? It all boils down to how dedicated the company is to make it happen. The way I see it Apple is kinda dedicated by wooing the different banks and companies
Google's approach is launch first and see how things go

Google, by contrast, took a more ham-fisted and less successful approach with its Google Wallet mobile payments system. (Disclosure: I used to work for Google, and my wife still does.) Google itself became the issuer by wrapping your credit card in its own standardized credit card. This has some advantages: Unlike with Apple, you can use any credit card you like. Even more importantly, Google sees the transactions, which will remain opaque to Apple, allowing Google to learn more about its users. That means Google can do things similar to what the Starbucks app does: place a standing coffee order every time you go into the store, or tell you which coffee is most similar to your favorite Starbucks brand when you go into Peet’s. Apple will not be able to conduct any of what Levitin terms “non-payment information exchange” between customers and merchants—at least, not at the moment.

But Google’s approach comes with a huge downside. First, it saddles Google with the nightmare of dealing with all the different card payment mechanisms, effectively forcing it to replicate the credit ecosystem in miniature. Worse, it paints a big target on Google’s back, because Google looks like a competitor to banks and networks rather than a helpful intermediary. No one was going to strike the sort of deal with Google that Apple just got. Consequently, Google had few incentives to offer merchants, and Wallet has languished.
Apple Pay mobile payment system: It could succeed where Google Wallet failed.

which unfortunately became ugly as they themselves become the competitor..
so i would say Apple's approach is more neutral and they tried to get partners onboard

and once again Apple offers the total solution instead of trying to be there first approach
Apple Files New Patent for Establishing NFC Sessions - Patently Apple
they already got the patent filed in 2008

striker22

Reaction score
Jut curious if anyone here will really use alot of the new payment system? I still see alot of people pay traditional way, cash or sign card. Except EZ link, dun see much tap and go. Even the ntuc self checkout counters hardly used.

But since we are at the topic of bashing the govt, just want to say +1. Haha.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
well. the self checkout thing is very big in Europe and Australia.. Australia accepts notes. their machines are good

the NTUC one jus flash and go? or its still using NETS?
flash and go = no security
NETS = still need PIN

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.