Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

 Pay Discussions, LTA Trial for  Pay now available [Read first page for FAQ]

Like Tree285Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #1

 Pay Discussions, LTA Trial for  Pay now available [Read first page for FAQ]

FAQ

Using  Pay on Singapore's Transportation Network
You'll need to sign up for an ABT account here — https://www.transitlink.com.sg/abtmobile/

If you've already got an ABT account. All you need to do is to simply register the same card you've added onto your  Pay with ABT.
Then head down to any three of the transit link ticket office to get your virtual cards registered during this trial period. You'll need to flash this poster to be eligible. If you have an Apple Watch and an iPhone, you'll need to tell the Staff at the transit link office to enrol you twice

For more information please read the following — https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/Downl...t%20Notice.pdf

Official FAQ can be found here!
https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/Downl...0Questions.pdf

Can I board the bus/train with  Pay on my iPhone and then alight using another device/physical card? (or vice versa)
No.

How to get your rewards points (NTUC link points etc)
Earning Link points with Apple Pay

UOB Trial starts this March!
http://uob.com.sg/personal/cards/acc...ticketing.html

Set up and Usage

Supported banks
  • UOB
  • DBS
  • POSB
  • Stan Chart
  • OCBC
  • American Express

Is Apple Pay Secure?
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203027

How to set up
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204506

How to use
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201239

Supported Devices
  • iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE
  • Apple Watch paired with iPhone 5 or later
  • iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 (In App only)

I can't add my card, help
  1. Check if your bank is supported
  2. Check if your card is supported, as of now (25/5) corporate cards are not supported
  3. Check if your device is supported
  4. Remove and add your card again
  5. Still not working? You'll have to contact your card issuer

Last edited by PetPet; 11-04-2018 at 10:37 PM..
PetPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 07:30 AM   #2

Apple Pay in Singapore? [Visa and Mastercard now supported]

Recent updated 8.1 for iPhone 6 Plus should allow Apple Pay, however I do not see the function available after update. Anyone can help?
polabear_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 07:44 AM   #3
Master Member

Recent updated 8.1 for iPhone 6 Plus should allow Apple Pay, however I do not see the function available after update. Anyone can help?
 Pay is only available in the states for now. Just pray that it will eventually comes to SG.
bondfire_karine likes this.
*adiBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #4
Master Member

the logistics required to make it happen will probably take quite long
the-alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 08:01 AM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can expect Apple pay to come next year when another new iphone appears
xiaobai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 08:01 AM   #6

I think process in sinkie is very bureaucratic... Will take at least a year before  Pay launches here.

We don't even have retail store, enhanced map features, and how long did it take for us to have our very own iTunes Store? I am not going to have high hopes, especially when this thing you need extra regulation from sinkie gahmen.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #7
Master Member

By the time it is ready , it will be 6s and 6s+

Fark this gahment.
Alpha0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 08:12 AM   #8
Master Member

Fark this gahment.
Well it could also be  choice to launch it worldwide for iPhone 6+. Don't blame the government for everything.
chris888222 likes this.
*adiBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 08:27 AM   #9

i dont see the logic/link between Apple, the bureaucracy, and the government.

Are u trying to say that with another government, you will get your Apple pay sooner?
Are u trying to say that without the current bureaucracy, you will get your Apple pay sooner?

Are u trying to say with changes in all those, you will get your Apple pay now despite Apple saying that it will ONLY launch in the US for now.

All I see is that, with our CURRENT SITUATION, Singapore is one of the very few countries to be in the first wave for the latest iPhone release.

Please, before you do these linking/ranting - use a bit of your brain power.
I'm sorry to say, the replies in this thread is one of the stupidest thing I've read this morning.

Last edited by wharzhee; 21-10-2014 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: out -> our
wharzhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #10
Supremacy Member

major banks need to jump onboard. e credit card networks like Amex, master n visa all already onboard. qn is have  made an approach to e banks yet? SG very small. probably not yet.
szeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 08:47 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Are u trying to say that with another government, you will get your Apple pay sooner?
Are u trying to say that without the current bureaucracy, you will get your Apple pay sooner?

Are u trying to say with changes in all those, you will get your Apple pay now despite Apple saying that it will ONLY launch in the US for now.

All I see is that, with our CURRENT SITUATION, Singapore is one of the very few countries to be in the first wave for the latest iPhone release.

I'm sorry to say, the replies in this thread is one of the stupidest thing I've read this morning.
Well that's a sweeping statement to say every reply in this thread is stupid? I am greatly offended by that seeing that I only commented that it would be out most likely next year. Was that a very stupid reply? If so pray tell me what a genius like you predict Apple pay will appear in Singapore?

It's always easier to insult than to give constructive feedback. After all when someone can't win an argument, he resort to insults.
GeSteSoh likes this.
xiaobai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #12

Well that's a sweeping statement to say every reply in this thread is stupid? I am greatly offended by that seeing that I only commented that it would be out most likely next year. Was that a very stupid reply? If so pray tell me what a genius like you predict Apple pay will appear in Singapore?

It's always easier to insult than to give constructive feedback. After all when someone can't win an argument, he resort to insults.
if u've read what i've wrote, u'd realize it's not directed at u.
alvino likes this.
wharzhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #13

Has Singapore been the first wave of countries to launch products all the time? No. It's only recently.
Has Singapore had its own iTunes Store from day one? No. It's also quite recent. These kinds of things need approval from IDA, MDA and other relevant authorities before they can be released in Singapore, and it takes time.

Apple Pay will definitely need some level of approval by the Singapore government or MAS before it can be collaborated with our local banks. Besides, our major local bank also has some sort of affiliation with the government.

As far as I know, the Singapore government takes into account of monetary issues very seriously, because our economy is quite different from the other countries. You sound as though we are flaming at the government just for the sake of doing it. I am very grateful that the government is extremely concerned about the Singapore economy as well as its money flows, but this will ultimately lead to Apple Pay being delayed in Singapore, if Apple even wants to enter Singapore in the first place.

You may correct me if I have any mistakes, but please... Don't call people without brains. It's ok if you think I lack knowledge, and even I can admit that I'm no expert, but we can definitely learn from each other. No need for harsh terms.
ragnarok95, cherryboom and kactii like this.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #14

Fark this gahment.
Apple Pay is available ONLY in the US for now, and in limited outlets. I'm not a fan of our government, but how is it the Spore govt's fault that Apple Pay is not here yet??? Even Europe and Canada are not on Apple Pay.
chris888222 likes this.
kenzone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

Everything people blame government. No job blame government, lazy also blame government. Come on.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.