HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

PC MAG : says 4 Models of iPhone XS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2018, 07:33 PM   #1

PC MAG : says 4 Models of iPhone XS

Hi Guys

I just read PC Mag article which says that there are 4 different models of iPhone XS /XS Max / XR, made by Apple.

True enough I just visited Apple SG website which states that the Models (A2101 for XS MAX and A2097 for XS) for SG market do not support CDMA.

Jut wondering if this means that the Gigabit LTE modem (also touted as 4X4 MIMO) for this model is the same touted Intel XMM7560 but tweaked for our local market (not to support CDMA) or another modem make altogether.

I requested for a call from Apple. They called but refused to clarify anything except to say that Apple always ensure that consumers get the best products.

Sigh, I wonder why Apple wants to give consumers so many puzzles to solve and not be open about it.

I just hope it is common modem installed but tweaked for different bands for different markets.

What’s your view ?
Maxnero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 08:37 PM   #2

Doesn’t matter, even if our iPhones have highest speed LTE, our telcos are not able to support it.
Old 15-09-2018, 09:32 PM   #3
Master Member

Even if you have the fastest modem, Apple will still lock it and support only what local telco can.
*adiBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.