Problem connecting to Singtel WIFI using iPhone XS Max

laucm

Reaction score
This Singtel WIFI is using SCSC techology.....
(Sometime Can Sometime Cannot)

I also encounter problem connecting at some locations using username and password, while other locations are okie.

Sometime even at the same location, also SCSC..... :s22:

I got my username and password but cannot connect at Suntec last friday

runforyourlife

Reaction score
This Singtel WIFI is using SCSC techology.....
(Sometime Can Sometime Cannot)

I also encounter problem connecting at some locations using username and password, while other locations are okie.

Sometime even at the same location, also SCSC..... :s22:

Hahahaha this is legit.

And damn slow if u wanna view vids with it

tec_geek

Reaction score
Update:
At home, I took out the SIM card, soft reset, re-insert SIM.
Now at Jem: I am able to connect to Singtel WIFI. Yeah!

Didn't do any network reset.

Thanks to all bro for your advice!

Need to bookmark this post, it worked for me. Thanks! :s13:

But I have also realised, if I restart my iPhone, the same issue will occur again until I do the above steps.

memoriess

Reaction score
Need to bookmark this post, it worked for me. Thanks! :s13:

But I have also realised, if I restart my iPhone, the same issue will occur again until I do the above steps.

So once you restart your iPhone you will need to do the the above steps again? Is it SIM card problem or phone problem? Haha

I am still unable to connect to Singtel WiFi , maybe I restarying ny phone a few time already ?

tec_geek

Reaction score
So once you restart your iPhone you will need to do the the above steps again? Is it SIM card problem or phone problem? Haha

I am still unable to connect to Singtel WiFi , maybe I restarying ny phone a few time already ?

So far that is at least for my iPhone XS Max that I’m on and/or could be an iOS 12 compatibility.

But feel it’s more towards the device issue as my previous iPhone had been on the iOS 12 beta till the latest iOS 12 public build with no issues, even after restart, except when I switch SIM cards. At the same time, I doubt it is the SIM card issue, though I have been using it since 2012, the iPhone 5 era.

I put the SIM card back after unlocking the device after the hard restart (the pressing of the volume up button, then press the volume down button, then press and hold on the power button till the screen goes blank and the Apple logo appears).

blacklabe1

Reaction score

I used to have an iPhone, the issue i think was that the Iphone defaults the sim profile on EAP PEAP(User name and Password) and iOS does not allow you to change to your authentication method unlike andriod so you will need to re-insert the sim card to "refresh" the authentication method or something like that.

memoriess

Reaction score
I used to have an iPhone, the issue i think was that the Iphone defaults the sim profile on EAP PEAP(User name and Password) and iOS does not allow you to change to your authentication method unlike andriod so you will need to re-insert the sim card to "refresh" the authentication method or something like that.

I tried the method, but still can’t. But I have no problem joining wireless@sgx but I used the app to set up. But I still like Singtel WiFi more, speed wise much more faster.

I did took out and put it back like what the above expert said, maybe cause I restarting the device, and everything went back to zero? So I need to treat the steps?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need to complicated. Just need to take it out, acknowledge the error, then put it back in will do. Don’t need to reset network settings after slotting back in..

I tried the method, but still can’t. But I have no problem joining wireless@sgx but I used the app to set up. But I still like Singtel WiFi more, speed wise much more faster.

I did took out and put it back like what the above expert said, maybe cause I restarting the device, and everything went back to zero? So I need to treat the steps?

laucm

Reaction score
Update: seems like the username-password problem appear again after I soft-reset the phone.

Sian..... Don't have this problem with my previous iPhone X and 7plus.

If report to Singtel, will they be able do something?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update: seems like the username-password problem appear again after I soft-reset the phone.

Sian..... Don't have this problem with my previous iPhone X and 7plus.

If report to Singtel, will they be able do something?

Weird bro, I did all that but still can’t connect. Maybe need to change SIM card?

Step by step guide:

1) reset network settings

2) remove sim card when phone is turned on

3) acknowledge the dialogue box that pops out saying sim card removed

4) re-insert the sim only when dialogue box is acknowledged

5) select singtel wifi and allow it to connect first.

i had iPhone X and was also having the same issue, the above works for me. Its best to do the above steps in coverage of singtel wifi, instead of doing it at home.

if the above cannot, then i think the network must have black listed your device during the attempts of connecting to it bah, call 1688 to reset line and singtel wifi profile, at least mine did work after a recent when i got the iPhone recently.

memoriess

Reaction score
Step by step guide:

i had iPhone X and was also having the same issue, the above works for me. Its best to do the above steps in coverage of singtel wifi, instead of doing it at home.

if the above cannot, then i think the network must have black listed your device during the attempts of connecting to it bah, call 1688 to reset line and singtel wifi profile, at least mine did work after a recent when i got the iPhone recently.

Finally got it work bro. Thanks all and Renfred bro for advise!

lbh76yr

Reaction score
Step by step guide:

Thanks renfred89, finally "SINGTEL WIFI" is working again on my new phone.

bbbbbw

Reaction score
To be honest Singtel wifi cannot make it.
Very slow I hardly use it

tec_geek

Reaction score
Btw, iOS 12 got this bug on iPhone Xs max, not sure for other models, that singtel wifi will automatically be forgotten after you turn off your iphone, whether or not you reset your phone or network settings.

Anyone with other phone models running iOS 12 can test?

Was running the iOS 12 public build on my iPhone X previously, and no issues at all. Even after both normal and hard restart, it will automatically connect back to Singtel WIFI.

It’s only when using the iPhone XS Max recently, and encountering that issue. Thus, had to do the steps of removing of SIM card steps and etc.

Not sure on the reliability of this other method that I have found, but by turning on Airplane mode, wait awhile (10-15 seconds) and then switching off to ‘get back the configurations’ and signal, apparently worked for me.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good idea!

Yeah I find it stupid to keep removing Sim. I reported to singtel already. Apple and singtel should go find a solution for us.

Was running the iOS 12 public build on my iPhone X previously, and no issues at all. Even after both normal and hard restart, it will automatically connect back to Singtel WIFI.

It’s only when using the iPhone XS Max recently, and encountering that issue. Thus, had to do the steps of removing of SIM card steps and etc.

Not sure on the reliability of this other method that I have found, but by turning on Airplane mode, wait awhile (10-15 seconds) and then switching off to ‘get back the configurations’ and signal, apparently worked for me.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.