HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Push Notifications

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
Master Member

Push Notifications

Searched & read about push notification but no help.

Im having a jail broken (blackra1n) iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 Unabale to get Push notification on all 3 softwares, Todo (appigo), IM+ and Occassions. I tried re-booting but no help. Though used to get the message "Connect to iTunes to use Push Notification" but after re-boot no such messages.

Are Push Notifications are allowed by Apple for jail broken iPnones, because Todo (appigo) states that the phone must be non be jail broken in order to receive Task Alerts (push notification). http://www.appigo.com/todo/features/alerts

Messages gets pushed through in im+ only when i tap the program.

Even gmail is the same - emial does not gets pushed until i tap the gmail and go ito the program

Or is the blackra1n jail broken method is the culprit? should i use RedSnow 0.9?

Please help.
dgeralds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
Master Member

had a jailbroken phone and could receive push notifications without any problem

i suggest you restore and rejailbreak
the-alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #3

had a jailbroken phone and could receive push notifications without any problem

i suggest you restore and rejailbreak
i suggest you do a restore as well, i've a version 3.1.2 3gs and can still receive push notifications as per norm.
inevitable89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #4

Try these steps first.

1. Turn off notifications.
2. Turn on Airplane mode and wait for 30sec.
3. Turn off Airplane mode.
4. Turn on notifications.

What I have read is that majority of the push notification problems come from iPhones that are hacktivated but Singapore iPhones have already been factory unlocked so shouldn't have that problem.

You can also visit http://pushfix.info/ to read more.
oakenhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
Master Member

Restore from backup or restore to factory setting? Thanks.

i suggest you do a restore as well, i've a version 3.1.2 3gs and can still receive push notifications as per norm.
Old 15-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #6

Searched & read about push notification but no help.

Im having a jail broken (blackra1n) iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 Unabale to get Push notification on all 3 softwares, Todo (appigo), IM+ and Occassions. I tried re-booting but no help. Though used to get the message "Connect to iTunes to use Push Notification" but after re-boot no such messages.

Are Push Notifications are allowed by Apple for jail broken iPnones, because Todo (appigo) states that the phone must be non be jail broken in order to receive Task Alerts (push notification). http://www.appigo.com/todo/features/alerts

Messages gets pushed through in im+ only when i tap the program.

Even gmail is the same - emial does not gets pushed until i tap the gmail and go ito the program

Or is the blackra1n jail broken method is the culprit? should i use RedSnow 0.9?

Please help.

1) Is it a SG set? If so, read on.

2) Did you install PushFix 1.0?

If you did, IT WILL be like that.
Else, RESTORE and jailbreak again, and do not install pushfix now. just do a reset network settings after jailbreak.
Old 15-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #7
Master Member

1. SG set

2. PushFix1.0 not installed.

Iam planning to do a restore from backup first. If it didn't work then i have to do a restore to factory setting and painfully istall all applications.

1) Is it a SG set? If so, read on.

2) Did you install PushFix 1.0?

If you did, IT WILL be like that.
Else, RESTORE and jailbreak again, and do not install pushfix now. just do a reset network settings after jailbreak.
Old 15-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
Master Member

Restore from backup did not solve problem.

I clicked restore in iTunes in order to restore to factory settings.

It says, "Are you sure you want to restore the iphone?.............. and the newest version of Iphone software will be installed". The button says restore and update!

I believe this will restore and update the os to 3.1.3? How to prevent the os 3,1,3 update? Currently im om 3.1.2 thethered.

Thk you.

Last edited by dgeralds; 15-02-2010 at 05:30 PM..
Old 15-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

You can't prevent an update to 3.1.3 if you are restoring from iTunes. You might be able to restore to 3.1.2 if you get a custom ipsw and use iReb..
doody_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #10
Master Member

Tried the following

1. Reboot
2. Reset all settings in iphone
3. Clean restore

The push notification works for about a day or two and stops. The message "Connect to iTunes to use Push Notification" will pop up again whenever applications like Beejive, todo are opened.

Still no solution.....
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.