HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Selling iPhone via Brightstar

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
Master Member

Selling iPhone via Brightstar

Anyone tried before? Howís the experience like? Guess better than meeting Carousell buyers. Haha.
discoburg likes this.
Shutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 10:58 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Prices are quite bad.

Think better off selling to beng shops, if youíre lazy to Carousell.
discoburg likes this.
jaymessofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

Sell to mobile shops is better. Carousell you have to deal with idiots. Not worth the time.
Shutterfly likes this.
Jirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 12:19 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sell to mobile shops is better. Carousell you have to deal with idiots. Not worth the time.
true, my friend sold off his 64gb X at Far East over e weekend at $600. Brightstar is more like a recycling/last resort thing.
discoburg and Shutterfly like this.
szeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #5
Master Member

true, my friend sold off his 64gb X at Far East over e weekend at $600. Brightstar is more like a recycling/last resort thing.
It depends on the condition of his phone right? Usually shop will quote higher on their website and then cut a lot when meetup due to condition not "mint".
Old 30-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #6
Master Member

Do you have any recommendation which shop? I went to one near my place. They expecting like new condition. If not, after seeing some paint coming off here and there, and screen has some micro scratches, they will deduct quite bit. As for BrightStar, from what I read, normal wear and tear totally find and has been factored into their quoted price.
Old 30-09-2019, 01:36 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone tried before? Howís the experience like? Guess better than meeting Carousell buyers. Haha.
price wise not the very best. Once you register and file in via online, they will arrange to collect. During collection, they will check if for physical damage/crack/etc and note down on their report. No other accessories required

They will bring back and then do a final check. if all ok, you will get the price stated when filling online.
Shutterfly likes this.
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 01:44 PM   #8
Master Member

price wise not the very best. Once you register and file in via online, they will arrange to collect. During collection, they will check if for physical damage/crack/etc and note down on their report. No other accessories required

They will bring back and then do a final check. if all ok, you will get the price stated when filling online.
You personally tried before? Yes, it is not the best but seems like most convenient and price not too far off. Are they very particular cosmetic appearance of the phone?
Old 30-09-2019, 01:45 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

Nobody tried sellup?

I think they offer very good pricing and can even collect from your location.
Old 30-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #10

Nobody tried sellup?

I think they offer very good pricing and can even collect from your location.

Sellup price also canít make it.

I sold my XS Max 256GB silver at $1050 to a hwz dealer raul66. He collected from me at my house very good! I donít need to travel to Far East Plaza mobileshops to sell.

Carousell ppl mostly lowball till quite jialat. One even offered to pay me $500 upfront and the rest by installment. I was bemusedly stumped.
jq75, discoburg and Shutterfly like this.
argentinafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #11
Master Member

Sellup price also canít make it.

I sold my XS Max 256GB silver at $1050 to a hwz dealer raul66. He collected from me at my house very good! I donít need to travel to Far East Plaza mobileshops to sell.

Carousell ppl mostly lowball till quite jialat. One even offered to pay me $500 upfront and the rest by installment. I was bemusedly stumped.
Thanks for the recommendation. I will try to contact him.
Old 30-09-2019, 02:30 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

Usually sell to end users will be higher..

I recently just sold a iPhone 8 Plus 256GB at S$650..

Phone is very very good condition...
Shutterfly likes this.
messi1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 02:40 PM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

You personally tried before? Yes, it is not the best but seems like most convenient and price not too far off. Are they very particular cosmetic appearance of the phone?
tried b4. the one i trade in the screen has some hairline scratch. Anyway, you may try send it in, once they check, if there's issue, they will call you (i think).

if u dont agree with the price, they will arrange return without additional cost.
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 02:47 PM   #14
Master Member

tried b4. the one i trade in the screen has some hairline scratch. Anyway, you may try send it in, once they check, if there's issue, they will call you (i think).

if u dont agree with the price, they will arrange return without additional cost.
So did they deduct further due to the hairline scratch?
Old 30-09-2019, 02:47 PM   #15
Master Member

Usually sell to end users will be higher..

I recently just sold a iPhone 8 Plus 256GB at S$650..

Phone is very very good condition...
That's a very high price!
discoburg likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.