HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SimplyGo (ABT) and  Pay [Express Travel Not Supported]

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #1006
Supremacy Member

Hello. I just added my POSB Everyday card into the SimplyGo app since DBS/POSB has some promo now for using ABT.

And the same card is in my Apple Pay too. If I use Apple Pay/Wallet to tap in and out of MRT, everything will be recorded on SimplyGo app and it will be counted as a transaction for my promo right?
Old 17-10-2019, 11:28 AM   #1007
High Supremacy Member

Hello. I just added my POSB Everyday card into the SimplyGo app since DBS/POSB has some promo now for using ABT.

And the same card is in my Apple Pay too. If I use Apple Pay/Wallet to tap in and out of MRT, everything will be recorded on SimplyGo app and it will be counted as a transaction for my promo right?
You do not need SimplyGo for the promotion. Any transaction via the card will be handled accordingly and for the promotions to work.
Jirachi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 02:51 PM   #1008
Supremacy Member

You do not need SimplyGo for the promotion. Any transaction via the card will be handled accordingly and for the promotions to work.
ah okay. thank you!! guess will use the simplygo app just to track the sepnds then
Old 18-10-2019, 08:26 PM   #1009
Supremacy Member

Ran into an issue when tapping out of bus. So I place my phone near the reader and pulled away quickly. Heard the tone from the phone but the reader didn’t show ‘Bank Card Usage” which is what I usually see when tapping in or out.

Never happened before. Did the reader recognised my tap out? The app haven’t update yet and I didn’t get any notification on the fare.

Tried again but this time it showed a red message which I didn’t have time to read. But the success tone from the phone is there.
metamofia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 08:47 PM   #1010
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ran into an issue when tapping out of bus. So I place my phone near the reader and pulled away quickly. Heard the tone from the phone but the reader didnít show ĎBank Card UsageĒ which is what I usually see when tapping in or out.

Never happened before. Did the reader recognised my tap out? The app havenít update yet and I didnít get any notification on the fare.

Tried again but this time it showed a red message which I didnít have time to read. But the success tone from the phone is there.

Just wait for the transaction to be updated in your app.

The transaction can take up to 24 hours to be registered within the app.

You can file a claim if the exit wasnít registered.
jaymessofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 10:52 PM   #1011
Supremacy Member

Seems like the card transaction history takes longer to load than usual. Sometimes an error pop out saying server issues or poor internet connection. Anyone getting these too?
Old 23-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #1012
Master Member

Seems like the card transaction history takes longer to load than usual. Sometimes an error pop out saying server issues or poor internet connection. Anyone getting these too?
The SimplyGo app is really trash.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 03:33 PM   #1013
Supremacy Member

The SimplyGo app is really trash.
Haha. Hoping they will make some improvements in the app soon.
Old 23-10-2019, 06:07 PM   #1014

I’d rather they work on getting express transit operational in Singapore!

Haha. Hoping they will make some improvements in the app soon.
Slavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2019, 04:56 PM   #1015

Do you think we might see concession card and passes via Apple Pay or Google Pay later this year or soon?

Probably like tying the concession card to a debit/credit card?
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2019, 06:57 PM   #1016

Problem is the possibility of abuse; you can add multiple instances of the same credit card to different phones.

The only place where such concession cards are possible are in Japan are with their Suica. Maybe in the next few years you’ll see LTA abandoning CEPAS and moving over to the next gen suica?

Do you think we might see concession card and passes via Apple Pay or Google Pay later this year or soon?

Probably like tying the concession card to a debit/credit card?
Old 25-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #1017
Master Member

Problem is the possibility of abuse; you can add multiple instances of the same credit card to different phones.

The only place where such concession cards are possible are in Japan are with their Suica. Maybe in the next few years you’ll see LTA abandoning CEPAS and moving over to the next gen suica?
Not really. Suica card can only exist in one device at the time only. You can transfer the card like once for every 3 days or so.

It is also tied to your Apple ID. So you can only move it about on devices signed in on your ID

It is very possible but the company needs to work having a fast and reliable back end to support this.

deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2019, 08:11 PM   #1018

Yes I mean that’s why suica cards can have concession: you can only have one of that card at a time.

Not really. Suica card can only exist in one device at the time only. You can transfer the card like once for every 3 days or so.

It is also tied to your Apple ID. So you can only move it about on devices signed in on your ID

It is very possible but the company needs to work having a fast and reliable back end to support this.
Old 31-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #1019

I'm not sure why when I'm using my Apple Watch to tap in is fine. But tap out from the bus, the reader did not register.
Try again on another day, a different bus service.
Tap in is fine, Tap out no register.

On iPhone no issue. all check out fine.
Any Ideas why?
Old 31-10-2019, 02:34 PM   #1020
Great Supremacy Member

Actually you can have multiple Suica cards under one Apple ID, but each NFC-F device can only store one card cos thereís only one transaction key for each device. You can easily move cards around your own devices under the same Apple ID or keep it floating in the cloud, but after removing from one device it will only be available the next morning earliest as the system needs to run batch operations backend to synchronise the states of the cards.

Suica cards on Apple Pay support Commuter Passes through a Suica app and Mobile Suica account registration. The only Wallet-only function (without the need for Suica app) for Commuter Passes appear to be simple renewal of an existing Commuter Pass before expiry and displaying the status of any commuter passes tagged to a card.
https://atadistance.net/2017/09/08/a...enewal-window/

Last edited by tamago_; 31-10-2019 at 02:37 PM..
tamago_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.