SimplyGo (ABT) and Pay [Express Travel Not Supported]

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Touch ID Face Unlock authentication is now almost instant with iOS 13 Public Beta, that it might seem as though the iPhone user didn’t authenticate beforehand and could still tap through. Upgrade if you would like to experience the change!

Slavor

Reaction score
Eh bear in mind public betas are meant for testing, and can have a lot of bugs.

Touch ID Face Unlock authentication is now almost instant with iOS 13 Public Beta, that it might seem as though the iPhone user didn’t authenticate beforehand and could still tap through. Upgrade if you would like to experience the change!

chinnian

Reaction score

Do you mean Touch ID or Face ID?
Face ID will never be instant as still need to press to authenticate.
Cheers.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you mean Touch ID or Face ID?
Face ID will never be instant as still need to press to authenticate.
Cheers.

Obviously you need to press to authenticate unless you want to make payment every time you click to download the apps.

chinnian

Reaction score
Obviously, i know that right ,that's why I asked if tamale is talking about Touch ID only? For Face ID phones, there's no way to be seamless and speedy, unless it's like Suica.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Obviously, i know that right ,that's why I asked if tamale is talking about Touch ID only? For Face ID phones, there's no way to be seamless and speedy, unless it's like Suica.

Face ID is indeed faster in iOS 13 when unlocking from lockscreen and retrieving. Heck, even in Apple Pay when you have to double-click to authenticate.

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NFC scanning on MRT gate is a hit or missed affair, drawing wrath from the person behind you. Is this true for all of you?

neonstone

Reaction score
Usually when authenticated transactions I always aim at the top part of the phone for iPhone X/XS. But using Suica in Japan... so sensitive one, just pass it through and will detect.

Slavor

Reaction score
That’s why EMV standard sucks. Detection rate slower.

Usually when authenticated transactions I always aim at the top part of the phone for iPhone X/XS. But using Suica in Japan... so sensitive one, just pass it through and will detect.

DurianAhBoy

Reaction score
Today, when the bus Aunty checking everyone’s ezlink card, I dun have anything to give.

So I activate Apple Pay and try to scan her machine, but doesn’t work. She and I try for a minute, scan in all kinds of positions, but cannot. Then she get angry scold me, and move to the next guy.

Anyone else had any trouble scanning the black handheld checking machine? I’ve never had a problem tapping in and out of bus or train since I started using on 4th April.

How ah?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today, when the bus Aunty checking everyone’s ezlink card, I dun have anything to give.

So I activate Apple Pay and try to scan her machine, but doesn’t work. She and I try for a minute, scan in all kinds of positions, but cannot. Then she get angry scold me, and move to the next guy.

Anyone else had any trouble scanning the black handheld checking machine? I’ve never had a problem tapping in and out of bus or train since I started using on 4th April.

How ah?

u just need to activate apple pay, authenticate and tap at the receiver of the hand held terminal, it will show up as registered. bus auntie cannot scan is not the problem of commuters, and that she needs re-training.

saif07

Reaction score
I had an encounter with a ticket master this morning (my second time using AW4) so far no issues.

How ah?

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score

How ah?

I also kenna something a few weeks back. The conductor was checking so i activate and let him scan screen side up. He got angry and said the other side lah when both direction also makes no difference.

In the end he scan scan move move also cannot then he give up and move on

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.